Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do with your ashes?
I guess if I had to really pick somewhere, it would be in the Smoky Mountains.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Send me up with fireworks in the sky and explode me. Haven't decided what color I want to be, whether that be blue, green or orange.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 01:09 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Send me up with fireworks in the sky and explode me.  Haven't decided what color I want to be, whether that be blue, green or orange.

Hunter Thompson had a big party where his ashes were fired out of a cannon.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 01:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hunter Thompson had a big party where his ashes were fired out of a cannon.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=hunter+thompson+funeral&id=9A41BD130A2C28D8139E7E70D110A5CBBD7663A9&FORM=IQFRBA

True
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 06:01 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: With all the strong positive feelings you've shared over the years I hope she knows how valuable she is in real life.

She does and she would never let that happen. I was drunk when I posted that because I thought it was funny, with a little genuineness to it. Sometimes I get a little too creative. LOL.

(06-24-2018, 09:20 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You're not going anywhere for a while.  You're to ornery to die anytime soon.   Wink

My wife made it clear, I can't die until I increase my life insurance policy.  Hilarious

So, Since she is the final decision on all things that happen in the universe (no shit, she is, ask her). I will keep it where it's at and live longer than Moses. Damn, I'm going to have a lot of post's on this board by then.

Reply/Quote
I would want mine to be attached to the next space probe (after my death). One of those that just goes and goes and goes.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Personally I don't really care what they do with them ill be ashes at that point... Ill leave my wife or whoever is left at that point some possible destinations or idea's But really

Just let me slip into the wind.... while playing Kansas dust in the wind
Reply/Quote
I don't really care if they send me off to the Oscar Meyer factory or as it were the Soylent Green factory,  but my preference is to be booted overboard ship out in the North Atlantic somewhere. Something about getting buried at sea just appeals to me much more than being burned then run through a grinder and put in a fuxing box forever to collect dust.  Being a Navy veteran burial at sea is free other than the cost of transporting my remains..
Another thing I don't like about cremation is you'll be forever referred to as cremains which sounds earily like a type of breakfast cereal .  Try a delicious bowl of cremains for breakfast .  Yummy.. Whatever

Come to think about it unless hospitals start getting better looking nurses I'm not going to bother getting sick much less dying.. The only reason I've ever bothered getting sick is for the nurses,  but lately they haven't been much to look at so I'll just stay healthy forever . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 12:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Recently a local sports journalist wrote a story about how he had secretly scattered some of the ashes of one of his friends on the field at Neyland Stadium where the Vols play.  Next week he wrote a follow up article about all the people who wrote in to say that they knew of numerous people who had had some of their ashes tossed on the field by various athletic department employees, security guards, groundskeepers, and others who had access.

Would like mine ground up and added to PBS stadium hot dogs then

Or at the playboy mansion in the grotto where I've had my most fun  Ninja

Seriously though would like the Grand Canyon where I lived and hiked for several years and have a deep connection to but that would be far from my family. So just spread them in Ky and Ohio where most of my loved ones reside. 

Although there is a church steeple that overlooks Louisville Cardinals baseball stadium that if one of you could just smuggle me in there, climb to the top and place me where I can watch the games that would be great. 

Really do not care.  Used to not like the idea of cremation, but after my father went this rout have thought more about it and accepted it. Plus way more economical, let the family spend my money on a big party instead.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote