Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to expect in the first 100 days
(11-30-2016, 02:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: At least she has some experience for the post as an undersecretary or some such thing.

Extremely qualified. Deputy Secretary of Transportation for Bush Sr and Secretary of Labor for W.

Not really draining the swamp, though, by picking the wife of the Senate majority leader who worked in the last two GOP administrations. 

A lot of his picks are qualified. Qualification, of course, usually means you're connected. I'm not opposed to this, I'm just not one of those neo-nazis on twitter going "DRAIN THE SWAMP!!!", so I can have a laugh when he fails to act on this promise. The only pick I think is completely unqualified is his Secretary of Education. No experience working in or running schools. Never went to or sent kids to any public schools. She's just really rich from her family and her husband and has spent her millions fighting for laws that take money away from public schools and give them to private schools.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-30-2016, 03:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Extremely qualified. Deputy Secretary of Transportation for Bush Sr and Secretary of Labor for W.

Not really draining the swamp, though, by picking the wife of the Senate majority leader who worked in the last two GOP administrations. 

A lot of his picks are qualified. Qualification, of course, usually means you're connected. I'm not opposed to this, I'm just not one of those neo-nazis on twitter going "DRAIN THE SWAMP!!!", so I can have a laugh when he fails to act on this promise. The only pick I think is completely unqualified is his Secretary of Education. No experience working in or running schools. Never went to or sent kids to any public schools. She's just really rich from her family and her husband and has spent her millions fighting for laws that take money away from public schools and give them to private schools.

Yeah, qualifications are there for most of them. Qualification alone doesn't make for a good pick, though. Not to say this specific one is a bad choice, just, there are some other questionable ones.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-29-2016, 08:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://usuncut.com/politics/trump-goldman-steven-mnuchin/

Mellow

Who better to prevent Goldmans-Sachs from misleading investors than a guy who worked for Goldmans-Sachs?
(11-30-2016, 05:22 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Who better to prevent Goldmans-Sachs from misleading investors than a guy who worked for Goldmans-Sachs?

The President-Elect already told us it was just smart and good business to take advantage of Americans who were struggling and losing their homes.
Why would we expect less from his cabinet?

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/308245-trump-treasury-picks-bank-foreclosed-on-elderly-womans-house

Foreclosing on a 90 year old woman for erroneously paying 27 cents less than what she owed the bank. 

Making millions off the housing crisis.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/trump-treasury-foreclosed-homes-mnuchin-232038

and heres the biggest joke of them all

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/sarah-palin-consideration-va-secretary/story?id=43878336

sarah ****** palin
People suck
(12-01-2016, 02:07 PM)Griever Wrote: and heres the biggest joke of them all

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/sarah-palin-consideration-va-secretary/story?id=43878336

sarah ****** palin

She's actually qualified. We half ass it with our veterans and she half assed it as Governor of Alaska.

(12-01-2016, 02:35 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: She's actually qualified. We half ass it with our veterans and she half assed it as Governor of Alaska.

well damn, what was i thinking?!
People suck
(12-01-2016, 05:01 PM)Griever Wrote: well damn, what was i thinking?!

So while not needing daily intelligence briefings he has time for....

http://www.tmz.com/2016/12/13/kanye-meeting-donald-trump/

Quote:KANYE WEST 
YES, I'M HERE TO SEE THE PRESIDENT

[Image: 1213-kanye-trump-tower-twitter-9.jpg]
EXCLUSIVE DETAILS

Kanye West
 just marched into Trump Tower for a face-to-face with the President-elect.

TMZ has learned Kanye will have a 15 minute sitdown with [b]Donald Trump[/b] Tuesday morning. Kanye requested the meeting, and Trump agreed ... according to our sources.

Still unclear exactly what they'll cover in the meeting. Inauguration? Cabinet post?

Anything goes with these two.

Story developing ... 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-13-2016, 12:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: So while not needing daily intelligence briefings he has time for....

"Yo. Imonna let you finish, President-elect Trump. But everyone knows that I'm the most narcissistic person in the country!"
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(12-13-2016, 01:39 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: "Yo. Imonna let you finish, President-elect Trump. But everyone knows that I'm the most narcissistic person in the country!"

I figured Kanye would be too "exhausted" to travel. 
(12-01-2016, 02:35 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: She's actually qualified. We half ass it with our veterans and she half assed it as Governor of Alaska.

Didn't she blame Obama for giving her son enough PTSD that he was forced to hold a woman at gunpoint?  I figure that could be extrapolated to every veteran easily enough.
(12-13-2016, 12:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: So while not needing daily intelligence briefings he has time for....

15 minutes ?!?!?

LOL

Trump is giving Kanye 15 minutes of fame.

#AbsoluteMadman
A lot of people have been scratching their heads about people Trump is fingering (not literally.... heh, heh, heh) to head departments and agencies in his administration. They either seem to have little to no experience with that field (Dr. Ben Carson, etc.) or they seem to be anti the agency they are being considered to lead (Scott Pruitt, etc.). And forget about "draining the swamp". These people primarily seem to be Washington GOP insiders.

I've even postulated that this move was to undermine agencies from within. There maybe something to that. But I heard an interesting analysis on NPR speculating about why Trump was selecting these particular people. The reason they believe he is making these picks is to insulate the administration from Congress. When the Trump Administration wants to introduce a new policy, it will be these people taking it to Congress and trying to sell it. For that, he needs insiders. If the package the administration wants to sell is something that he thinks will be fought against by Congress (for example, upholding some EPA regs that Congress wants to get rid of), who better to sell it to Congress than someone who is known to be pretty anti-EPA to begin with?

If that is the case, Trump may be far shrewder than many (including many GOPers) have given him credit for.
(12-16-2016, 09:44 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: A lot of people have been scratching their heads about people Trump is fingering (not literally.... heh, heh, heh) to head departments and agencies in his administration. They either seem to have little to no experience with that field (Dr. Ben Carson, etc.) or they seem to be anti the agency they are being considered to lead (Scott Pruitt, etc.). And forget about "draining the swamp". These people primarily seem to be Washington GOP insiders.

I've even postulated that this move was to undermine agencies from within. There maybe something to that. But I heard an interesting analysis on NPR speculating about why Trump was selecting these particular people. The reason they believe he is making these picks is to insulate the administration from Congress. When the Trump Administration wants to introduce a new policy, it will be these people taking it to Congress and trying to sell it. For that, he needs insiders. If the package the administration wants to sell is something that he thinks will be fought against by Congress (for example, upholding some EPA regs that Congress wants to get rid of), who better to sell it to Congress than someone who is known to be pretty anti-EPA to begin with?

If that is the case, Trump may be far shrewder than many (including many GOPers) have given him credit for.
But is there really any reason to believe Trump has this kind of foresight? 

We are talking about a guy who seems not to have thought through a number of issues, like the role his children will play in the transition, how he will manage conflicts of interests. He is not taking briefings before he speaks with foreign leaders.
(12-17-2016, 03:10 AM)Dill Wrote: But is there really any reason to believe Trump has this kind of foresight? 

We are talking about a guy who seems not to have thought through a number of issues, like the role his children will play in the transition, how he will manage conflicts of interests. He is not taking briefings before he speaks with foreign leaders.

Part of the explanation I heard was that Trump doesn't know many of these people at all. But Pence knows them all quite well. Trump is basically using Pence as an Executive Officer and part of Pence's 'duties' are to find people for this purpose. 

If that is the case, it is not typical politics. Rather, it is more the way a corporation might be run. Considering that that is Trump's experience through life, that might make some sense. 
(12-17-2016, 02:50 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Part of the explanation I heard was that Trump doesn't know many of these people at all. But Pence knows them all quite well. Trump is basically using Pence as an Executive Officer and part of Pence's 'duties' are to find people for this purpose. 

If that is the case, it is not typical politics. Rather, it is more the way a corporation might be run. Considering that that is Trump's experience through life, that might make some sense. 

Well that would make sense. Pence would have a long game and some idea of how to play.  His choice as VP was monumental.

There is a problem here, though, since government is not like a corporation--though of all branches of government, the executive is most like one.

In government, these people will be accountable to more stake holders.
(12-17-2016, 02:50 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: If that is the case, it is not typical politics. Rather, it is more the way a corporation might be run. Considering that that is Trump's experience through life, that might make some sense. 

Yep, so it's interesting to see how this works out.  But I'd take issue if that much power is being given to Pence.

If this was Romney, I'd be on-board and hopeful.  But Trump, not so much.

Long story short, Obama campaigned basically to drain the swamp back in 2008.....in 2012 he essentially admitted it can't be done as POTUS.

I know some people here won't admit it....but there's a tremendous amount of similarities between Obama and Trump's campaigns....the latter is just much less polished and politically correct.
--------------------------------------------------------

ThumbsUp
(12-18-2016, 06:12 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Long story short, Obama campaigned basically to drain the swamp back in 2008.....in 2012 he essentially admitted it can't be done as POTUS.

I know some people here won't admit it....but there's a tremendous amount of similarities between Obama and Trump's campaigns....the latter is just much less polished and politically correct.

Why, hell, I'll sure admit it.

Polish Trump up-- get rid of the Muslim ban, the wall, NAFTA, Obamacare, the Iran Treaty, along with comments about ugly women, torture, radical Islam, Mexican rapists, a rigged election, that SCUM known as the free press, and killing militants' families, plus praise of Putin and some questions about why we can't use nukes and why we still need NATO, as well as quoting unvetted Breitbart stats--and his campaign is virtually identical to Obama's. 

To put this another way, absence of political correctness and polish is the essence of Trump's campaign. Take all that away and, yes, "similarities" with Obama's campaign and even Hillary's appear.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/newt-gingirch-trump-drain-the-swamp-232878

Quote:Gingrich: Trump backing away from 'drain the swamp'
By LOUIS NELSON

12/21/16 07:41 AM EST

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
President-elect Donald Trump campaigned on a promise to “drain the swamp” in Washington of corruption, but now that he’s preparing to move into the White House, Newt Gingrich said the Manhattan real estate mogul is looking to distance himself from that message.

“I'm told he now just disclaims that. He now says it was cute, but he doesn't want to use it anymore,” the former House Speaker and close Trump adviser said of the “drain the swamp” message in an NPR interview published Wednesday morning. “I've noticed on a couple of fronts, like people chanting ‘Lock her up,’ that he's in a different role now and maybe he feels that as president, as the next president of the United States, that he should be marginally more dignified than talking about alligators in swamps.”

While Trump made his “drain the swamp” pledge a major part of his campaign message in the final weeks of the presidential race, his transition team was, in its early days after the election, packed with lobbyists for the pharmaceutical, chemical, fossil fuel and tobacco industries. Under pressure, Trump’s team instituted a rigid lobbying ban that prompted some to leave, but the group orchestrating the president-elect’s transition still relies heavily on GOP insiders.

Trump’s Cabinet and other high-level appointments seem to have deviated somewhat from his “drain the swamp” message. After attacking Democrat Hillary Clinton regularly throughout the campaign for being too close to Wall Street banks, Trump has put three former Goldman Sachs executives in prominent White House positions, including Steven Mnuchin as treasury secretary, Steve Bannon as chief White House strategist and Gary Cohn as the director of the National Economic Council.

Gingrich also suggested that Trump should quickly find a transparent solution to concerns about conflicts of interest between his presidency and the massive business empire he has pledged to hand over to his kids once he takes office. The former House speaker said putting such complex assets into a blind trust, the arrangement generally promised by presidents, would be “an absurdity” for Trump but that some other "common-sense" arrangement will be necessary.

“This is not a country that wanders around trusting people with power. This is a country that wants accountability,” Gingrich said. "He has to understand and his family has to understand that there is a public interest which transcends them.”

As a solution, Gingrich suggested that Trump appoint a panel of experts that would have “total access” to oversee his assets and advise him as to what is appropriate and what is not. That panel could be populated by individuals like former Attorney General Michael Mukasey, Gingrich said.

“A large part of his holdings are Trump golf clubs, Trump hotels,” the former speaker said. “I mean, we have never quite had anyone of this scale to occupy the White House and it's going to require us to think about, how do you deal with this in a way that's effective and that serves the interest of the country, but also meets some kind of practical common-sense test?”
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
From posts I've seen on Facebook I think the first 100 days will look like this...

Day 1: Law passed stating all immigrants to be rounded up. Both legal and illegal.

Day 2: every man woman and child of Hispanic origin will be executed by a bullet to the back of the head and their families will be sent a bill for the bullet and cremation.

Day 3: All African Americans will be rounded up and shipped back to Africa.

Day 4: The poor in the country will be euthanized and baried in a pit.

Day 5: The crippled or any person with any defect will be euthanized and burned in ovens.

Day 6: The United States will nuke Iran, North Korea and Russia...yes Russia.

Day 100: The entire United States will look and feel like Aleppo.

Seriously, I've seen people actually post stuff like this.