Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What vets are in for a fight for a roster spot this season
Not to early to.start thinking about how the roster will be shaping up come September?
Tobin and Lewis have infused this roster with some young hungry 2017 Draft picks.
Some familiar faces will be not be in orange and black when we play the Ravens
Any thoughts who gets cut
I'm gonna give it a go.

C Russell Bodine
TE Tyler Kroft
QB Jeff Driskel
WR Alex Erickson Cody Core

NT Pat Sims Brandon Thompson
DE Will Clarke Wallace Gilberry
LB PJ Dawson
CB Adam Jones
K Randy Bullock
Reply/Quote
Bodine and Core will not be cut....wishful thinking though.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 12:11 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Not to early to.start thinking about how the roster will be shaping up come September?
Tobin and Lewis have infused this roster with some young hungry 2017 Draft picks.
I'm gonna give it a go.

C Russell Bodine
TE Tyler Kroft
QB Jeff Driskel

LB PJ Dawson
CB Adam Jones
K Randy Bullock

Bodine isn't at risk at all. Dielman is not going to push Bodine off the roster. In fact, only Smith was brought in to fill one of the two open OL spots, so I think Dielman takes the other.
OL looks like this: Ogbuehi, Boling, Bodine, Smith, Fisher, Winston, Westerman, Johnson, Dielman.

Kroft isn't in jeopardy because of the big green ogre. Schreck is a PS player and will only be called upon due to injuries.

You should throw Flowers into the LB list. I think both he and Dawson could be on the outs with Evans taking one spot and Lawson possibly getting the sixth spot as a rush LB.

Pat Sims and Brandon Thompson definitely cut unless injury happens before the start of the season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hill, Lafell, and V Rey could all go on the list as well. Not saying they will get cut but all three of those guys have proven they can play but they  might get traded prior to the opener because of injury on another team.  
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Adam Jones isn't getting cut. That would have happened already if that was the case.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 12:50 AM)J24 Wrote: Hill, Lafell, and V Rey could all go on the list as well. Not saying they will get cut but all three of those guys have proven they can play but they  might get traded prior to the opener because of injury on another team.  

No way we cut Vinny Rey.  Hill is safe because of Gio's injury.  WR is going to undergo a big shakeup.  We might even lose Erickson.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 12:11 AM)impactplaya Wrote: C Russell Bodine...100% safe
TE Tyler Kroft.......100% safe
QB Jeff Driskel......100% safe (for now.  I think we may pick up another veteran QB)
WR Alex Erickson Cody Core...Erickson is in big trouble.  I liked what I saw from the guy but we drafted two good WRs and multiple return men.  Core is on the bubble.

NT Pat Sims Brandon Thompson...Both guys in big trouble if all our young DTs are healthy.
DE Will Clarke Wallace Gilberry....Will Clarke is safe but Gilberry is in trouble
LB PJ Dawson....Big trouble 
CB Adam Jones...Safe
K Randy Bullock...Big trouble

Also think Flowers is gone
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 12:11 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Not to early to.start thinking about how the roster will be shaping up come September?
I'm gonna give it a go.

C Russell Bodine - Safe
TE Tyler Kroft - Safe
QB Jeff Driskel - Maybe
WR Alex Erickson Cody Core - Core is safe & Erickson is in for a battle

NT Pat Sims Brandon Thompson - Sims?/Thompson is gone
DE Will Clarke Wallace Gilberry - Clarke is safe/Gilberry depends on camp injuries
LB PJ Dawson - Better get better quickly
CB Adam Jones  - I hope he is gone
K Randy Bullock - Gone

Flowers is in trouble
Peerman maybe in trouble because of all of the guys we added that can play ST
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
WAY to early for this kind of speculation. Have to see if any of the new guys can even get through an NFL practice, much less play in a game, before making any statements about who is in jeopardy.
Reply/Quote
For our sake let's hope all of them because that would be a pretty talented team.
I'm going with the only one I think though in Hill.Marvin wouldn't let his name along with the team take a beating if he didn't think Mixon was going to be a stud for us.
I think Ross will get a lot of playing time but he want take Laffell spot as the number 2 right away.
Reply/Quote
I don't see Erickson getting cut after just about breaking return records last year. Jones is getting too old to return punts, and Eerickson has shown it's his wheelhouse.....
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 09:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't see Erickson getting cut after just about breaking return records last year. Jones is getting too old to return punts, and Eerickson has shown it's his wheelhouse.....

I agree.  Ross and Mixon can return kicks, but they are too valuable to risk giving them the duty full time.  They will be guys used in desperate "We need a big return" situations.  We saw how long they stuck with Tate, and Erickson was a lot better than him last year, so a guy like Malone will have to outdo him by a wide margin to win the job.  Plus, Erickson was more productive as a WR in last year's preseason than Core.  Core is squarely on the outside looking in, especially since I believe he still has PS eligibility and Erickson does not.

A sleeper guy that could be on the bubble is Peerman.  Howard Wilson has played RB in addition to CB, so he would be a guy that could they could keep as the 4th RB that would also effectively give them an extra DB.  
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 02:10 PM)Whatever Wrote: I agree.  Ross and Mixon can return kicks, but they are too valuable to risk giving them the duty full time.  They will be guys used in desperate "We need a big return" situations.  We saw how long they stuck with Tate, and Erickson was a lot better than him last year, so a guy like Malone will have to outdo him by a wide margin to win the job.  Plus, Erickson was more productive as a WR in last year's preseason than Core.  Core is squarely on the outside looking in, especially since I believe he still has PS eligibility and Erickson does not.

A sleeper guy that could be on the bubble is Peerman.  Howard Wilson has played RB in addition to CB, so he would be a guy that could they could keep as the 4th RB that would also effectively give them an extra DB.  

I was thinking the same thing about Wilson, plus his 4.39 speed will be nice on STs coverage.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 02:10 PM)Whatever Wrote: I agree.  Ross and Mixon can return kicks, but they are too valuable to risk giving them the duty full time.  They will be guys used in desperate "We need a big return" situations.  We saw how long they stuck with Tate, and Erickson was a lot better than him last year, so a guy like Malone will have to outdo him by a wide margin to win the job.  Plus, Erickson was more productive as a WR in last year's preseason than Core.  Core is squarely on the outside looking in, especially since I believe he still has PS eligibility and Erickson does not.

I just don't see them risking Ross's knees using him on returns. And I think you are right about Peermean being on the bubble. Don't sleep on Boom Williams if Gio is not ready to go...

Reply/Quote
I'm gonna give it a go.

C Russell Bodine
TE Tyler Kroft
QB Jeff Driskel

LB PJ Dawson
CB Adam Jones
K Randy Bullock

I don't see Pat Sims' job in jeopardy. He's the best backup we have for Billings.

Thompson and Hardison, both of whom are oft injured are the likely done with the Bengals. Hardison has yet to record a single tackle in 2 years with the team and Thompson didn't play a single down last year.

Gilberry is too versatile to be let go unless a rookie really shines.

Adam Jones isn't going anywhere and Mike Brown has all but stated this.

Dawson and Flowers haven't done anything to date, so no reason to expect they'll stick around either.

Paul Alexander has had 3 year love affair with Bodine and there's no sign it will end this year. In fact, look for the team to extend Bodine. I know it blows, but for whatever reason the team just likes the guy.

Core didn't play well when he got his shot last year, so he's going to have to beat out Erickson to stick around.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 02:21 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I was thinking the same thing about Wilson, plus his 4.39 speed will be nice on STs coverage.

I think they keep Wilson and I also think the RB Williams will make the team.  bye bye peerman
Reply/Quote
d line and LB will see some cuts for sure. Too much hungry talent just came
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 06:16 PM)pulses Wrote: I think they keep Wilson and I also think the RB Williams will make the team.  bye bye peerman

As long as Peerman guns on them punts and kickoffs he'll never be cut. Dude is a beast on ST
Reply/Quote
I love how people list Bodine when in reality he's probably one of the safest players with a job. He's the safest offensive lineman to have a job.
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately, Giovani Bernard might be in danger and it pains me to write this because he's one of my favorite Bengals ever. His injury might make Duke Tobin hesitate because with a healthy Jeremy Hill and Joe Mixon on the roster, I fear Gio might slide down the depth chart a bit too far.
Reply/Quote