Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What vets are in for a fight for a roster spot this season
(04-30-2017, 06:42 PM)Housh Wrote: As long as Peerman guns on them punts and kickoffs he'll never be cut. Dude is a beast on ST

dude is getting old and  we have a lot of young hungry talent coming....his time has come.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 06:45 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Unfortunately, Giovani Bernard might be in danger and it pains me to write this because he's one of my favorite Bengals ever.  His injury might make Duke Tobin hesitate because with a healthy Jeremy Hill and Joe Mixon on the roster, I fear Gio might slide down the depth chart a bit too far.

If there are any doubts at all about Gio's health they will keep him on the PUP and then IRd.  There is absolutely no way he gets cut this year, not least because he would add $2m in dead money against our cap.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 08:19 PM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: If there are any doubts at all about Gio's health they will keep him on the PUP and then IRd.  There is absolutely no way he gets cut this year, not least because he would add $2m in dead money against our cap.

Those are my thoughts as well, which is why I think Peerman may be on the bubble. Boom Williams is a smallish scat back like Gio, and may make it to be used in his place should Gio not be able to go. I really like Peerman, but he is getting up there and the trend this year seems to be speed...
Reply/Quote