Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What was the plan?
Even the most casual fan could see this debacle on the offensive line coming, so it seems like ownership and coaching made a very intentional decision to let KZ and AW walk, without doing anything to address it. In short, they knew a bad line, was going to get even worse.

So why? I just don't get it. It was like a slow-motion traffic accident. They just let it happen. I can't come up with any good rationale for it either, other than that they're willing to accept down seasons, because they're unwilling to deviate whatsoever from their personnel philosophy. Even if that means throwing away windows of opportunity, with a lot of great talent in place, rotting on the vine in their prime.

I don't think this team is a rebuilding project. I think they have enough talent, that they could be more than competitive with some key tweaks here and there. Winning playoff games is another story altogether, that in my opinion requires a discussion about coaching and the QB (but that's a discussion for another day).
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
The plan seemed to be to run the ball. Throw short quick passes. Throw nothing deep.

Not play Ross or Core who are our fastest WR's.

They executed it to perfect imperfection.
Reply/Quote