Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What was your favorite win over the Steelers?
When Brian Lenoard converted that 4th down pass to help us score to beat them. That game was awesome. The cardiac cats were truly exciting!
Reply/Quote
Entertaining? Gotta be the Terrible Towel game. What a shootout! That was sweet....but knocking those bastards out of the playoffs in 2012 was more satisfying to me. Anytime we can beat them AND send them home is the best of the best. LOL

That being the case....this Saturday would be oh so sweet....on many fronts. ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That's like picking your favorite child though

can't do it

Reply/Quote
Mine was 2006 my first and only trip to the cesspool called Pittsburgh

How sweet it was to walk out of there with a win, you could hear a pin drop after the game as the Squealer fans were dead silent

Dancing
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I guess it'd have to be the first 09 game.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
That last drive was insane back in '09, but considering the circumstances, this takes the cake for me:

[Image: APTOPIX_Bengals_Steelers_Fo.JPG]

I miss that man as well.
Reply/Quote
1981 when the Stooler bus had a banner on it that read - "one for the thumb in '81"

Kicked that cocky ass back to stooltown

Reply/Quote
I remember being at the game 9/27/09 and it was pretty awesome!!! Place was going Nuts!! Parked by Steeler fans bus and there were tons of them!!!! hahha good times!!!
Reply/Quote
I think some are forgetting a very good one. Back in 1998 I went to my first bengals game when i was 12 with 2 stoolers fans my friend and his dad. With just a min or so left i think my buddy was rubbing it in, and all of a sudden Neil o Donald the ex stooler fakes a spike and hits who i think was pickens for the game winning td! Probly my greatest football memory besides double OT in Tempe. (im a bucks fan)
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 12:09 AM)bengalman5328 Wrote: I think some are forgetting a very good one. Back in 1998 I went to my first bengals game when i was 12 with 2 stoolers fans my friend and his dad. With just a min or so left i think my buddy was rubbing it in, and all of a sudden Neil o Donald the ex stooler fakes a spike and hits who i think was pickens for the game winning td! Probly my greatest football memory besides double OT in Tempe. (im a bucks fan)

Ah. I believe that was the year we went 3-13, yet swept the Stoolers.

O'Donnell and Blake both took turns beating them.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:18 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Obviously Marv hasn't fared too well against the Steelers during his tenure, but he has managed to win 8 times.

24-20 in Pitt (2003)
38-31 in Pitt (2005 - The Housh shining his shoes with a terrible towel game)
28-20 in Pitt (2006 - revenge game for Carson)
23-20 in Cincy (2009 - Andre Caldwell catches the game winner with 0:14 left on the clock)
18-12 in Pitt (2009)
13-10 in Pitt (2012 - Josh Brown kicked the Steelers out of a playoff spot)
20-10 in Cincy (2013)
16-10 in Pitt (2015)

So what's your favorite win over the Steelers, coached by Marvin or otherwise?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Like most the 2009 & 2012 wins stand out.  Since I've been around for a while I'll mention a few old ones.

1974 - Ken Anderson goes 20-22 (a record for completion % at the time) in a 17-10 win over the Steelers.  Amazing when you consider how great that defense was.

1977- The Bengals beat the Steelers in a crucial late season game in frigid conditions.

1985 - One of Boomer's first starts, the Bengals beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh on a Monday night.

2001 - The Bengals make a crazy late game comeback, I think an on-sides kick was involved.  Rackers missed a PAT that would have ended the game but the Bengals went on to win in OT
Reply/Quote
The 2012 win because we clinched that playoff spot, knocked the Steelers out of the playoff race, and won in 3 plays back to back to back.
Reggie Nelson gets an interception which you think will put the game in OT
THEN
Andy Dalton throws a sideline strike to AJ Green for 21 yards
THEN
Josh Browns nails a 43 yard field goal
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 02:04 AM)Bryan Wrote: It's gotta be Andre Caldwell's game winner. I remember that game was on FOX. Which I remember thinking was weird because AFC games are usually on CBS. I was happy because I don't get to see a lot of Bengals games living in Philly. But that last drive, I was crouched in front of my TV watching and holding my breath, when Leonard stretched out to pick up that 1st down I was ecstatic, then when Palmer threw a dart to Caldwell in between two Steelers I jumped up and started screaming with glee. I was so happy, we hadn't beaten Pittsburgh since 06, and I, like most of you, hate Pittsburgh the most out of the teams in our division.

That game was on CBS
Reply/Quote
Well, I am a little bit older than some of you, so ... but i think I have all the facts right.

1974, Riverfront Stadium, 17-10 Bengals in November.

Towards the end of the game a friend of our family, Geoff Phillips, who was working with the Bengals stopped by and asked my dad if he could take my little brother and I down to field towards the end of the game, and then maybe even the locker room.   I was 10, my brother was 8.   We were from Wilmington, dad had season tickets, and we were huge fans.

So, with about 5 minutes to go, he came and got us.  We watched the final snap from the visitor locker room tunnel, and then slowly made our way across the turf at Riverfront.  We couldn't believe it!   This was where the Bengals and the Reds played!     We stood outside the locker room for what it seemed like forever, and then were allowed in.   Not exactly what was expected--a bunch of huge guys in various states of undress, trying to talk to reporters and get to the showers.  But watched Kenny Anderson answering questions, ... Trumpy, etc.  

For some reason I bet this doesn't happen anymore ...
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 12:28 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ah. I believe that was the year we went 3-13, yet swept the Stoolers.

I think so i just remember all the talk of the bengals being 3-2 or 2-1 or something like that, and of course i thinik we won 1 more game the rest of the season, (man im i glad those days are gone.)
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 12:28 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ah. I believe that was the year we went 3-13, yet swept the Stoolers.

The sweetest 3-13 season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
The 2009 game was my favorite because of the great play by Rutgers alum Brian Leonard on that 4th and 10 to extend the drive.

That said, I remember the 2003 game very well. The Bengals were playing well and were ahead most of the game. The Steelers came back to take the lead late in the 4th. I thought, "nothing changes with these guys" when they lost another lead. They then drove down the field with seconds left and Kitna hits Matt Schobel in the end zone for the game winning TD. I was watching that game in New Jersey and I jumped up and screamed so loud that my dog shit on the floor. Best dog shit I ever cleaned up. Anyway, I told my wife that the old Bengals would have folded when they lost the lead and maybe it's a new era under Marvin Lewis. I was very proud of the team that day.
Reply/Quote
Wasn't it also a Blake game where the Steelers were going through our OL line early like a sieve, then Coslet took a timeout and pulled the entire OL to the sidelines and in effect said they had nothing between their legs? And after that Blake was untouched the rest of the game and we won IIRC.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:18 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Obviously Marv hasn't fared too well against the Steelers during his tenure, but he has managed to win 8 times.

24-20 in Pitt (2003)
38-31 in Pitt (2005 - The Housh shining his shoes with a terrible towel game)
28-20 in Pitt (2006 - revenge game for Carson)
23-20 in Cincy (2009 - Andre Caldwell catches the game winner with 0:14 left on the clock)
18-12 in Pitt (2009)
13-10 in Pitt (2012 - Josh Brown kicked the Steelers out of a playoff spot)
20-10 in Cincy (2013)
16-10 in Pitt (2015)

So what's your favorite win over the Steelers, coached by Marvin or otherwise?
Oh come on man, this just hurts.....We all know THIS is THE GAME......2016......I'm sorry.....Bengals Fan since 1968....THIS is THE  Game.......
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote