Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What were the Steelers fines, suspensions?
Surely I've just missed the fines and/or suspensions for Munchak, Shazier, Porter. Or maybe the nfl is waiting to see if Brown is faking?  Shocked

Seriously though, anyone see any news on this?
Reply/Quote
As of now?

Nothing.

There is speculation that there may be discipline after they are no longer in the post-season, which is a complete crock of shit. If they are to be disciplined, it is not fair to the other 31 franchises that there discipline is delayed. It is an unfair competitive advantage.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They'll give a wink wink, nudge nudge and say don't do that again, but I seriously doubt a single fine or suspension and if they are fined it'll be minor with no incentive to change one bit. The fix is on.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 08:58 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: As of now?

Nothing.

There is speculation that there may be discipline after they are no longer in the post-season, which is a complete crock of shit.  If they are to be disciplined, it is not fair to the other 31 franchises that there discipline is delayed.  It is an unfair competitive advantage.

Even the mighty Bilichek was swiftly punished for tugging on a refs elbow.  This adds a whole new level of fishiness to the whole ordeal...never have I ever seen assistant coaches do what they did in that game.  It's a brand new form of dirty play.  When has a coach ever pulled a player's hair and then flopped?  When has an assistant coach waltz out onto the field and verbally abuse his way to 15 yards?  Even the Patriots have never(to my knowledge) stooped so low as to use assistant coaches for "outside the lines" BS.  How can a guy like Tomlin or Munchak or Porter look himself in the mirror and say "yup, I earned it"?
Reply/Quote
Burfict suspended in what? 2 days? But don't worry the NFL is "looking into" the steelers. Pathetic. The NFL and Goodell are a joke.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 09:20 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Even the mighty Bilichek was swiftly punished for tugging on a refs elbow.  This adds a whole new level of fishiness to the whole ordeal...never have I ever seen assistant coaches do what they did in that game.  It's a brand new form of dirty play.  When has a coach ever pulled a player's hair and then flopped?  When has an assistant coach waltz out onto the field and verbally abuse his way to 15 yards?  Even the Patriots have never(to my knowledge) stooped so low as to use assistant coaches for "outside the lines" BS.  How can a guy like Tomlin or Munchak or Porter look himself in the mirror and say "yup, I earned it"?

Jets assistant tripped a player, got immediately fired.
Tomlin tripped a player, got fined 100k.

Burfict shoulder-to-helmet, instant 3 games (despite never being suspended before) and he's a monster.
Shazier crown of the helmet, maybe fine, maybe not. "Unfortunate" hit, great play.

Noticing a pattern?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 08:25 PM)KansasBengal Wrote: Surely I've just missed the fines and/or suspensions for Munchak, Shazier, Porter. Or maybe the nfl is waiting to see if Brown is faking?  Shocked

Seriously though, anyone see any news on this?

What suspensions? What fines? NFL wants them in the playoffs and that's that. Rules be damned.

Reply/Quote
I didn't (and don't) expect any suspensions, but surely there better be fines for Munchak, Shazier, and Porter? How can't there be? Is there a rule saying people don't get fined in the postseason until after?
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 09:07 PM)grampahol Wrote: They'll give a wink wink, nudge nudge and say don't do that again, but I seriously doubt a single fine or suspension and if they are fined it'll be minor with no incentive to change one bit. The fix is on.

"The fix is in"

Bengals fans should start posting that everywhere, especially NFL.com. Make signs that say that to hold at the draft/pro bowl etc. New motto and if it got enough traction it could pressure goodell into actually doing something about the referees and the lack of consequences the steelers always face (he can be pressured because he is a joke, guy has no balls). 

And basically every fan of any team I've talked to agree that the steelers get to play by a different set of rules, it's not just angry bengals fans.
Reply/Quote
Does paying Roger Goodell and paying off the referees count against the Steelers' salary cap?
Reply/Quote
Wink 
[Image: BJn7gmE.gif]
= $23,152, hit receiver done for the year.

[Image: FVAJP3l.gif]
= $23,152, hit receiver missed 3 games.

[Image: capture_20160109_214003.jpg?w=1200]
= Nothing so far, hit receiver done for the year.

[Image: steelers-bengals-football.jpg]
= 3 games for a first ever suspension, issued in record time, hit receiver seen dancing in the locker rooms after the game.

- - - - - - - - - -
The only non-helmet-to-helmet hit out of the bunch is the only one to be suspended. Why? Because he's not wearing a Steelers uniform.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Steelers won't get fined and that's ok. They know next time they want war they've got one. Wins/Loss aside. They'll think twice.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
F The Steelers and the NFL
Reply/Quote
Insult to injury

pft

Ryan Shazier says he wasn’t fined for hit on Giovani Bernard

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 15, 2016, 6:28 AM EST
[Image: 504260426-e1452857292842.jpg?w=218]
Getty Images

Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier delivered a brutal helmet-to-helmet hit that gave Bengals running back Giovani Bernard a concussion on Saturday night. But while it was brutal, it was also legal.
Shazier told reporters he hasn’t received a fine notice from the NFL.
Not yet,” Shazier said. “I hope not. I felt like it was a clean hit. I’m not out here trying to hurt anyone. I’m just out here trying to play football.”
The NFL informs players by Wednesday if they’re fined, so if Shazier hasn’t heard yet, that means he’s not getting fined. And that’s because the hit was not a foul. Hits with the crown of the helmet are only illegal under certain defined circumstances, and Shazier’s hit didn’t qualify as illegal. Brutal, yes. Illegal, no.
In fact, it’s really the Steelers who have a right to complain about the call on that play: Bernard fumbled and Shazier picked up the ball and had a clear path to the end zone for a touchdown, but the officials wrongly blew the play dead.
Shazier, for his part, isn’t complaining. He says he’s glad he wasn’t fined and glad it sounds like Bernard will be OK.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 11:30 AM)pally Wrote: Insult to injury

pft

Ryan Shazier says he wasn’t fined for hit on Giovani Bernard

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 15, 2016, 6:28 AM EST
[Image: 504260426-e1452857292842.jpg?w=218]

Getty Images

Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier delivered a brutal helmet-to-helmet hit that gave Bengals running back Giovani Bernard a concussion on Saturday night. But while it was brutal, it was also legal.
Shazier told reporters he hasn’t received a fine notice from the NFL.
Not yet,” Shazier said. “I hope not. I felt like it was a clean hit. I’m not out here trying to hurt anyone. I’m just out here trying to play football.”
The NFL informs players by Wednesday if they’re fined, so if Shazier hasn’t heard yet, that means he’s not getting fined. And that’s because the hit was not a foul. Hits with the crown of the helmet are only illegal under certain defined circumstances, and Shazier’s hit didn’t qualify as illegal. Brutal, yes. Illegal, no.
In fact, it’s really the Steelers who have a right to complain about the call on that play: Bernard fumbled and Shazier picked up the ball and had a clear path to the end zone for a touchdown, but the officials wrongly blew the play dead.
Shazier, for his part, isn’t complaining. He says he’s glad he wasn’t fined and glad it sounds like Bernard will be OK.

Yeah, I just finished reading that crock......someone on here mentioned how the Rooneys selected Roger boy to be commissioner.  I thought that surely wasn't true.....then I researched it.  The picture has gotten much clearer..... Whatever

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
If the NFL fines Pittsburgh then that means it goes against their narrative for the Steelers being a hard nosed team, and the Bengals are the villains. Face it guys no matter how much evidence out there that supports they had just as much to do with Saturday then we did, we are always going to be the bad guys.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I hope the Broncos deliver Multiple concussions on good clean hits on the Shitsburgh Shitters
Reply/Quote
And some of you want Burfict gone.

"LOL"
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Here's a question. Remember the Saints situation rewarding thug like activity? They got in hot water over it!

Does anyone here think a Mike Tomlin is above that kind of stuff?

That kind of play continues with that team with very little consequences!

I'm not saying I think or believe that is what is going on, but I can't put anything him being 'above' doing!
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:01 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Here's a question.  Remember the Saints situation rewarding thug like activity?  They got in hot water over it!

Does anyone here think a Mike Tomlin is above that kind of stuff?

It's a fact- it's not talked about it's there
Reply/Quote