Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What were the positives vs the Bills?
Maybe I'm focusing too much on the negatives. What were the positives?
Billy Price was solid at guard
Auden Tate did very well
Darius Phillips provided a spark - He may help at corner as well
They kept fighting
Mixon got going a little bit

Am I missing anything?
Check out my YouTube Show - The Cincinnati Bengals Genius

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Ah3dvZ0FG3NyGp4gNBkEA?view_as=subscriber
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 11:20 AM)BengalsGenius Wrote: Maybe I'm focusing too much on the negatives. What were the positives?
Auden Tate did very well
They kept fighting

Am I missing anything?

Second half adjustments?
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't say that Billy Price was solid at Guard. This forum is crazy with stuff like that.

Your other positives are accurate though. Boyd, Tate, and Phillips played well.
Reply/Quote
The D was pretty resilient offense didn't generate a first down entire first half and only give up 21 points overall. nod to mention the pick and should have been fumble recovery. not meaning to go negative besides for Huber special teams was below average. I really hate keeping Simmons around.
Reply/Quote
"Journalistic Jargons" Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 11:40 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: The D was pretty resilient offense didn't generate a first down entire first half and only give up 21 points overall. nod to mention the pick and should have been fumble recovery.  not meaning to go negative besides for Huber special teams was below average. I really hate keeping Simmons around.

Yeah for all the shit the defense got, they actually played well enough to win. At one point, Buffalo led TOP 30 minutes to 7. That's an AWFUL lot to ask of any defense, and they kept fighting. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 11:20 AM)BengalsGenius Wrote: Maybe I'm focusing too much on the negatives. What were the positives?
Auden Tate did very well
They kept fighting

Am I missing anything?

I didn't see anything particularly great from Price at guard. The guy is hurt and I'm not giving up on him, but I am starting to think he may just not be very good. 
Reply/Quote
Sadly, here are the PFF rankings for O-line
Smith 51.2
Price 55.0
Hophins 75.5
Miller 66.7
Hart 57.1
Michael Jordan 43.4
Check out my YouTube Show - The Cincinnati Bengals Genius

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Ah3dvZ0FG3NyGp4gNBkEA?view_as=subscriber
Reply/Quote
I got a bunch of laundry done and cleaned the house.

So, there's that.
Reply/Quote
Andrew Billings is playing really well right now.
Reply/Quote
They kept fighting

Halftime adjustments

Passion on the sideline

All the things we've lacked the last several seasons.
Reply/Quote
Maybe something clicked in the second half. Maybe they go on a run and make this season interesting. I see young, individual talent. I see flashes all over the place. They just need to put it all together for a whole game
Reply/Quote
We made enough plays to win against one of the hotter teams in their home opener. In fact, if it werent for the downfall of the NFL rules and all the wimpyness of football in 2019, we did win. Tate didnt hold, that was a TD straight up. We got robbed of a W by all the do-gooder's who want to somehow save the NFL and its players from themselves. Terrible reffing and we should've won. Thats my biggest positive. We made the plays to steal it
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 12:25 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: They kept fighting

Halftime adjustments

Passion on the sideline

All the things we've lacked the last several seasons.

**some** of the things we've lacked.
Reply/Quote
Not seeing marvin lewis on the sidelines anymore
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 12:48 PM)bengaloo Wrote: We made enough plays to win against one of the hotter teams in their home opener. In fact, if it werent for the downfall of the NFL rules and all the wimpyness of football in 2019, we did win. Tate didnt hold, that was a TD straight up. We got robbed of a W by all the do-gooder's who want to somehow save the NFL and its players from themselves. Terrible reffing and we should've won. Thats my biggest positive. We made the plays to steal it

I thought that was a pretty bs call too on the opening kickoff
Reply/Quote
We didn’t lose by 31 points this week so we have that
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 11:44 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah for all the shit the defense got, they actually played well enough to win. At one point, Buffalo led TOP 30 minutes to 7. That's an AWFUL lot to ask of any defense, and they kept fighting. 

Agree.  It was downright shocking to see them only down 14 at the half with the offense getting 0 first downs.  That's not bad considering they were on the field so much.  

Also, as someone else here said, Andrew Billings has really blossomed.  He was a fine player last year, and seems to be playing even better this year.  He's devouring blockers on almost every play.  If we had athletic linebackers, they could be cleaning up out there.  DT seems to be a position of legit strength.

Some may disagree, but I'm encouraged by the WRs behind Ross and Boyd.  Tate was plenty productive when called upon, and Erickson made a big first down in the 4th.  It's nice to see after watching guys on that end of the roster such as Core and Malone disappoint when pressed into action over the last few seasons.

Hopkins is a wonderful surprise.  We thought we drafted a top center.  When he disappointed, we found out that there was already one on the roster.  Found money.
Reply/Quote
Vigil n Brown are slightly better than a cone on the field. I guess that’s a positive. Tate , Phillips did well.
Reply/Quote
3rd down Defense & Redzone Defense
Offense in 2nd half
Pass Rush
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote