Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name Bengals two biggest HOLES and your 1st & 2nd round choices to fill them
(04-09-2019, 01:11 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The biggest hole this team has is at the top. Unfortunately, there is no draft for executives.

defensive line,Ed Oliver,Houston,offensive line Cody Ford or The Taylor kid. or linebacker,I want the guy from Alabama and NOT DEVIN BUSH.HE IS too small and gets blocked out ALOT. :andy:
Reply/Quote
Biggest Holes to me is LT/RT/RG we need those addressed often and early. And I'm actually fine if we draft Bradbury and slide Price to RG. What ever it takes.

LB only if value meets opportunity. I think our young ones will be much improved. Not to say that if someone's there we won't take them, but we don't need a MLB or SAM, we need a WILL.

For me, I wouldn't mind seeing 6-7 OL Drafted. We need starters and back ups. That OL is critical and if we don't address it properly we might as well toss in the towel for a mediocre year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 01:07 PM)depthchart Wrote: My example:

Bobby Hart RT (Hole 1) -    Round 1 - Take Jawaan Taylor 6 foot 5, 328 pounds RT Florida -or- Greg Little 6 foot 6, 325 pounds LT/RT Ole Miss (if Jawaan is not there at pick #11 maybe even a small trade down to say pick #17 to get Greg Little who could play RT in 2019 then move to LT long term)

Jordan Evans LB (Hole 2) - Round 2 - Take Mack Wilson 6 foot 2, 240 pounds LB - a more speedy & versatile upgrade to Jordan Evans in 2019 and Mack could possibly move to middle linebacker as his career progresses & as the linebacker core gets reshaped longer term.

Name your Top two HOLES and how you would fill them with the first two picks.

You are a smart man, or atleast i agree with you lol.

These are the two players i first thought of....
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2019, 10:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote:   Now, would I take White over a top-tier OT that could push to start right away?  No. 

Devin White would be very tempting to take and other teams will probably make the decision at #11 easy for the Bengals in regards to White because he will likely be long gone before pick #11.

I keep coming back to wanting a Long Term decade plus Left Tackle at pick #11 if one is there. Andre Dillard was garnering praise as the top pass blocking Left Tackle from former NFL GM Charlie Casserly and Casserly had him going 9th overall in his latest mock. Casserly also praised Greg Little as a possible long term left tackle option for the Eagles at pick #22. Casserly said that Little could be a solid long term replacement for 37 year old Jason Peters once Peters great career winds down.

If a Legit long term left tackle option presents itself at pick #11 or say in a trade down to around pick #20 for one then that may be an excellent move to make.

Setting a foundation piece at Left Tackle immediately in round 1 would corner the left tackle market, allow Cordy Glenn to ultimately move to right tackle down the road & replacing a right tackle later in future drafts would be much easier to do since solid left tackles are a little harder to come by.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 02:27 PM)OSUfan Wrote: The biggest hole is at RT. Many are going to say LB but sorry would argue that from many perspectives.
1) Preston Brown was playing pretty well prior to getting injured.
2) Burfict was fat and out of shape and did not seem to care to correct it.
3) We drafted Jefferson early last season.
4) We have several young athletic LBs on this roster that check many of the boxes you want checked for a modern day LB.
5) I think coaching the modern day LB has passed Haslett by and would like to see this young group under better coaching.

1st Round fix - Jawaan Taylor (doubt he makes it to us) so next would be Andre Dillard
2nd Round fix - Yodny Cajuste or Tytus Howard

2nd biggest hole I will appease many and say LB but there is not a LB that I would want in the first round. I think both Devins need serious work as tacklers and I feel when all is said and done that Mack Wilson will be the best LB to come out of this draft and that is who I would be looking to draft in the 2nd round.
Preston brown played okay before getting hurt.  Malik jefferson is lost on the football field and proved absoutely nothing other than hes incompetent
burficts was our best backer and is now gone.
the several young linebackers u mention have been here and done absolutely nothing other than dissappoint and they were late round picks for a reason...they are not good.  Our defense was 30 in scoring and 32 in total.
we will draft a linebacker first and then a tackle.  Linebacker and stopping the run is the bengals biggest need and will be addressed hopfully before tackle.
We dont have a single linebacker worth talking about...not one.  not a one.  Tackle all day comes second to linebacker.  no question.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2019, 11:10 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Preston brown played okay before getting hurt.  Malik jefferson is lost on the football field and proved absoutely nothing other than hes incompetent
burficts was our best backer and is now gone.
the several young linebackers u mention have been here and done absolutely nothing other than dissappoint and they were late round picks for a reason...they are not good.  Our defense was 30 in scoring and 32 in total.
we will draft a linebacker first and then a tackle.  Linebacker and stopping the run is the bengals biggest need and will be addressed hopfully before tackle.
We dont have a single linebacker worth talking about...not one.  not a one.  Tackle all day comes second to linebacker.  no question.
To be fair to Jefferson, everybody on D was lost on the field last season. I really hope coach Tem can get him going. Guy has the physical ability, but needs to know how to apply those abilities.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 08:28 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I'm warming up to the idea of Andre Dillard at 11 should Jawaan Taylor be off the board. One of those tackles in the first would be a win imo.

In 2, Mack Wilson would be a no-brainer. David Long may be worth it in the second round as well - maybe he could be had after a trade down in 2.

I don't really think that they're in a position to draft strictly for need this draft. If the draft falls in a way where Hockenson is BPA at 11 and the top tackles are gone, or if say a really good d-line prospect is around at 2, I don't think that they're pigeon holed into taking any position. It'd make more sense to do that if expectations were higher this year and the roster was nearly complete ala 2015.

Hands down,Andre Dillard,best tackle in this draft or the Taylor guy for O-line and then go after the guy Rashad Gary I believe his name is from Michigan as a top D-player or for sure Ed Oliver from Houston,this guy is a stud and would help our struggling D-line,we were the worst defense in nfl last season,we HAVE TO FIX THAT.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2019, 11:04 AM)depthchart Wrote: Devin White would be very tempting to take and other teams will probably make the decision at #11 easy for the Bengals in regards to White because he will likely be long gone before pick #11.

I keep coming back to wanting a Long Term decade plus Left Tackle at pick #11 if one is there. Andre Dillard was garnering praise as the top pass blocking Left Tackle from former NFL GM Charlie Casserly and Casserly had him going 9th overall in his latest mock. Casserly also praised Greg Little as a possible long term left tackle option for the Eagles at pick #22. Casserly said that Little could be a solid long term replacement for 37 year old Jason Peters once Peters great career winds down.

If a Legit long term left tackle option presents itself at pick #11 or say in a trade down to around pick #20 for one then that may be an excellent move to make.

Setting a foundation piece at Left Tackle immediately in round 1 would corner the left tackle market, allow Cordy Glenn to ultimately move to right tackle down the road & replacing a right tackle later in future drafts would be much easier to do since solid left tackles are a little harder to come by.

Of the prospective tackles in this draft, you nailed the two that have a best shot at LT.  A lot of the others are being earmarked as RTs or even moved inside to Guard.  If Dillard was available, you could draft him to replace Glenn eventually, and maybe still get another tackle later in the draft to man the right side....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2019, 11:10 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: we will draft a linebacker first and then a tackle.  

Tackle all day comes second to linebacker.  no question.

If the Bengals drafted a LB in round one then a tackle in round two

-or-

Drafted a tackle in round one then a LB in round two

Either way they would still have 1 tackle and 1 LB after two rounds.

What really matters is not which position gets drafted first but what two players they end up with.

Example:

Juwaan Taylor T in round 1 and Mack Wilson LB in round two

-or-

Devin Bush LB in round 1 and Tytus Howard T in round two

Either way you end up with 1 tackle & 1 LB after two rounds.

It just comes down to which two players you want most.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2019, 11:46 AM)depthchart Wrote: If the Bengals drafted a LB in round one then a tackle in round two

-or-

Drafted a tackle in round one then a LB in round two

Either way they would still have 1 tackle and 1 LB after two rounds.

What really matters is not which position gets drafted first but what two players they end up with.

Example:

Juwaan Taylor T in round 1 and Mack Wilson LB in round two

-or-

Devin Bush LB in round 1 and Tytus Howard T in round two

Either way you end up with 1 tackle & 1 LB after two rounds.

It just comes down to which two players you want most.
Honestly, I don't think after White or Bush, there is a LB that fits us worthy of drafting in the 2nd round.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2019, 10:32 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Prior to the Combine, Bush was projected right around the same as Wilson...late first to early second round.

That's part of my skepticism toward Bush's draft stock.  40 times are a lot more relevant for punt gunners or perimeter players than LBs.  I believe that the true dropoff in talent at LB for this draft occurs after White, not after the two Devins.
Reply/Quote
I watched Jonah Williams vs Clemson last night, and was concerning. It made me nervous. I don't think Devin White will be available at 11, which brings us to Devin Bush. I liked what I saw. Great speed, nasty attitude, great tackling. We need someone with some beast in him to stand up to the Steelers.
Check out my YouTube Show - The Cincinnati Bengals Genius

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Ah3dvZ0FG3NyGp4gNBkEA?view_as=subscriber
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 09:19 AM)BengalsGenius Wrote: I watched Jonah Williams vs Clemson last night, and was concerning. It made me nervous. I don't think Devin White will be available at 11, which brings us to Devin Bush. I liked what I saw. Great speed, nasty attitude, great tackling. We need someone with some beast in him to stand up to the Steelers.

I share your concerns about Jonah Williams. I am hearing that Jonah would make a solid Guard in the NFL and that he may get opportunities to prove that he can play right tackle. He is still considered a 1st round talent, however, I just don't feel comfortable with Jonah at pick #11

It seems that the best right tackle prospect is Jawaan Taylor and the best Left Tackle prospect is Andre Dillard and they could both go before pick #11.

My guy is Andre Dillard as I would like to see the Bengals get a decade plus Left Tackle in place and have them move Cordy Glenn to the right tackle spot.

Devin Bush could very well be the pick but something tells me that the Bengals may be in the Rashan Gary market.

Just one week until we find out.
Reply/Quote
I would go a different route than LB or OT.

IMO do to what we saw last year when our top TE went down I would go TE in the 1st round. One that can both catch and block. This would really help the OL and passing game out. I would draft T.J. Hockenson in the 1st round at 11. If he is not available I would slide to the later part of the 1st round and take Noah Fant. If I could not get either I would select the best available player on the baord that is an OL, LB or DL.

The second round I would use my the board again and select the best available player once again.

The issue for us as fans is we don't know how the Bengals coaches, scouting and front office has ranked players.

The board that is created should be used to select players during each round. For instance the Bengals cannot slide out of the first at 11 and select their best available and its Devin Bush than in round 2 if they are sitting there and Fant is still available and he is on their board as a late 1st rounder, I would go ahead and pick him if he is the best available player still left that is from their board.

When a team go to make any pick they should always stick to their board to get the players they feel that will fit with team and are best available player.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 11:12 AM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: I would go a different route than LB or OT.

IMO do to what we saw last year when our top TE went down I would go TE in the 1st round. One that can both catch and block. This would really help the OL and passing game out. I would draft T.J. Hockenson in the 1st round at 11. If he is not available I would slide to the later part of the 1st round and take Noah Fant. If I could not get either I would select the best available player on the baord that is an OL, LB or DL.

The second round I would use my the board again and select the best available player once again.

The issue for us as fans is we don't know how the Bengals coaches, scouting and front office has ranked players.

The board that is created should be used to select players during each round. For instance the Bengals cannot slide out of the first at 11 and select their best available and its Devin Bush than in round 2 if they are sitting there and Fant is still available and he is on their board as a late 1st rounder, I would go ahead and pick him if he is the best available player still left that is from their board.

When a team go to make any pick they should always stick to their board to get the players they feel that will fit with team and are best available player.

I would rather have TJ Hockenson than Devin Bush at pick #11.

Dalton and the team seemed at their best when Tyler Eifert was healthy & contributing, so adding Hockenson should re-establish the tight end presence. Plus Hockenson can help the O-line as a blocker.
Reply/Quote
Hockenson looks amazing. My concern is that the Bengals took Gresham, and then Gronk went in the 2nd, Jimmy Graham went in the 3rd, and Hernandez went in the 4th. My point being is TE doesn't seem to have the value that warrants a #11, and you never know when a guy like Geroge Kittle can be developed from later rounds.
Check out my YouTube Show - The Cincinnati Bengals Genius

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Ah3dvZ0FG3NyGp4gNBkEA?view_as=subscriber
Reply/Quote
Yeah, that's a big no on Andre Dillard. I want no part of that garbage. Wonderful lateral movement and athleticism and ability to mirror are all great things, but he's still weak and skinny in the run game. Been down that road pretty recently, I think. It was with a guy named Cedric, and he's a big reason why our offensive line is still trash 4 years into it being rebuilt.

Hopefully this team learned it's lesson on taking power forwards instead of offensive linemen.

Taylor's offense in LA was predicated on a run game and employed two big, nasty OTs. Our offense needs to run through Mixon first andd foremost. That's the way to go. The way not to go is a ballerina who still needs to find his man strength getting put up against guys like Myles Garrett for the next five years.

A guy like Dillard in 2 is a bit easier to digest, but blowing the 11th pick on a developmental prospect when we've already learned that lesson very recently is a mistake. I'd rather grab a Cajuste or Howard in 2 or 3 if you're going to put a OT on a succession plan.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 02:44 PM)samhain Wrote: Yeah, that's a big no on Andre Dillard.  I want no part of that garbage.  Wonderful lateral movement and athleticism and ability to mirror are all great things, but he's still weak and skinny in the run game.  Been down that road pretty recently, I think.  It was with a guy named Cedric, and he's a big reason why our offensive line is still trash 4 years into it being rebuilt.

Hopefully this team learned it's lesson on taking power forwards instead of offensive linemen.  

Taylor's offense in LA was predicated on a run game and employed two big, nasty OTs.  Our offense needs to run through Mixon first andd foremost.  That's the way to go.  The way not to go is a ballerina who still needs to find his man strength getting put up against guys like Myles Garrett for the next five years.  

A guy like Dillard in 2 is a bit easier to digest, but blowing the 11th pick on a developmental prospect when we've already learned that lesson very recently is a mistake.  I'd rather grab a Cajuste or Howard in 2 or 3 if you're going to put a OT on a succession plan.

Former NFL GM Charlie Casserly has Andre Dillard as a Top 10 pick and considers him to be the Top Left Tackle prospect.

Casserly won a SuperBowl as a GM, found a few of the HOGS offensive lineman as a Scout & was the Assistant General Manager during two other Super Bowl wins plus another Super Bowl appearance with Washington.

I trust his judgement on Offensive lineman.
Reply/Quote