Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will Andy Dalton's next contract look like?
With the way QB contracts have been soaring recently, Andy Dalton should become an even wealthier man before long.

After Matt Ryan, Jimmy G., and Aaron Rodgers all set unprecedented deals, Russell Wilson just raised the bar even higher.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/russell-wilson-agrees-to-contract-extension-with-seahawks-becomes-highest-paid-player-in-nfl/ar-BBVZa08?ocid=spartanntp

4 years/$140M Shocked
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 08:56 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With the way QB contracts have been soaring recently, Andy Dalton should become an even wealthier man before long.

After Matt Ryan, Jimmy G., and Aaron Rodgers all set unprecedented deals, Russell Wilson just raised the bar even higher.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/russell-wilson-agrees-to-contract-extension-with-seahawks-becomes-highest-paid-player-in-nfl/ar-BBVZa08?ocid=spartanntp

4 years/$140M   Shocked

Unless he won the Bowl, it'll be nothing like this.  He'll be looking at Brady money.  Brady's got sense enough to know that the team can't squander all of its cap on one position.  Seems to have worked out well for him. Mellow

Look how shitty GB is.....ATL will be shedding players soon.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 09:09 AM)Wyche Wrote: Unless he won the Bowl, it'll be nothing like this.  He'll be looking at Brady money.  Brady's got sense enough to know that the team can't squander all of its cap on one position.  Seems to have worked out well for him. Mellow

I should say so!

[Image: d9cec72cc050606c858532e517c8c296--superm...chwear.jpg]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 09:09 AM)Wyche Wrote: Unless he won the Bowl, it'll be nothing like this.  He'll be looking at Brady money.  Brady's got sense enough to know that the team can't squander all of its cap on one position.  Seems to have worked out well for him. Mellow

Brady's wife is worth $400 million, let's not act like he is making some great sacrifice.

Based on current QB contract inflation he is looking at something around $20-$21 million a year. While the number sounds high it will again put him somewhere in the 14th-18th highest paid QB range when it's all said and done. 
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 09:13 AM)Au165 Wrote: Brady's wife is worth $400 million, let's not act like he is making some great sacrifice.

Based on current QB contract inflation he is looking at something around $20-$21 million a year. While the number sounds high it will again put him somewhere in the 14th-18th highest paid QB range when it's all said and done. 

While it is 100% true that Brady's wife makes more than him, making it easier for him to take less money, in reality, how much do you need. A QB making 100 mil every 5 years can take less as well and never miss it, have a better team around him, have a better chance at a SB and the HoF… but usually it's ego that drives them to want to make more than their counterparts.
Reply/Quote

Obviously, none of us are under the illusion that Andy is going to command $30M/per, especially from the Bengals.  However, I guess my point here is that in all likelihood, Andy will get an extension from team, rather than dismissed and replaced by a draft pick.  If I had to guess, I'd say they will probably offer him something just outside of top 10 money.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 09:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: While it is 100% true that Brady's wife makes more than him, making it easier for him to take less money, in reality, how much do you need. A QB making 100 mil every 5 years can take less as well and never miss it, have a better team around him, have a better chance at a SB and the HoF… but usually it's ego that drives them to want to make more than their counterparts.

Why not play for minimum then? I mean how much more do you need when your wife is worth 400 million? Is that extra $20 Million a year really making a difference?

He chose being in a better position to win over even more money, however no one else in the NFL has a similar situation so it's pointless to compare what he has chosen to do to anyone else. It's laughable when people mention he "took less to win" without contextualizing it with "but is wife is almost worth as much as some of the owners in the league".
Reply/Quote
$60 million for 3 years if nothing happens this year. If the Bengals somehow make it into the playoffs and win a game while Andy carries them on his back, I see him earning quite a bit more. Maybe $100 million/4 years.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 10:22 AM)Au165 Wrote: Why not play for minimum then? I mean how much more do you need when your wife is worth 400 million? Is that extra $20 Million a year really making a difference?

He chose being in a better position to win over even more money, however no one else in the NFL has a similar situation so it's pointless to compare what he has chosen to do to anyone else. It's laughable when people mention he "took less to win" without contextualizing it with "but is wife is almost worth as much as some of the owners in the league".

Get out a calculator. There is a huge difference in league minimum and 100 million over 5 years....
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 09:13 AM)Au165 Wrote: Brady's wife is worth $400 million, let's not act like he is making some great sacrifice.

Lol, no, he's not making any sacrifice. But he's also the 4th highest paid player in NFL history. Think he makes 8 million off endorsements, sells diet books, and believes he has a hand in some real estate. Can't imagine he'd ever has to pay for anything either, especially in Massachusetts. Plus, it's a little harder for football players to get endorsement deals. Gisele sells her likeness and brand to everyone and anyone. 

They're certainly not hurting for money tho. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
If he excels this year under Zac he is in for a windfall. Mike Brown doesn't play around when it comes to QBs. He will get a contract that will stun even the most devout Dalton lovers.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 12:04 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If he excels this year under Zac he is in for a windfall. Mike Brown doesn't play around when it comes to QBs. He will get a contract that will stun even the most devout Dalton lovers.

By that logic, do you think the Dalton haters will be ready to jump off the ledge?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Nick Foles signed a 4-year, $88 mill. I would think Dalton would get around that. While Dalton hasn't won a postseason game like Foles has, Dalton has had (much) more regular season success.

Question is...do you want Dalton to stay a Bengal if he can't deliver postseason win?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

LOL....good point on the misses.  I think your numbers are in line with what I was thinking.....unless he brings the Lombardi home.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 11:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Get out a calculator. There is a huge difference in league minimum and 100 million over 5 years....

You're the one who asked "how much do you need". I was pointing out he doesn't "need" any of it by that logic. If he played for free they'd still be the richest family in the NFL that isn't an owner. 
Reply/Quote

Brady's wife may have had him sign a Pre-Nup that would force him to become an Analyst after his career ends just to remain at the $100 million dollar net worth level on his own should she send him packing.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
The Bengals usually do a good number on the extension hell look at Geno and Carlos both of those guys are extremely under paid compared to the rest of the players on their level.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
All this talk about wondering why some people "need" so much money has reminded me that I haven't checked the P&R forum in while.
Reply/Quote
Its all about this season. The job is Andy's for the taking. If he bombs, then Daltons replacement will be drafted next season.
Check out my YouTube Show - The Cincinnati Bengals Genius

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Ah3dvZ0FG3NyGp4gNBkEA?view_as=subscriber
Reply/Quote
I believe AD's next contract depends a lot on his performance this coming season. We go 11-5 and win a playoff game he'll get paid in the upper level. We go 7-9 or worse and his time as a Bengal may be nearing it's end.
Reply/Quote