Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will Bengals do -AND- What would you do if...
Say that all ten of the players shown below are gone before the Bengals pick at #11:

Kyler Murray,  Dwayne Haskins,  Drew Lock

Nick Bosa,  Josh Allen,  Devin White

Quinnen Williams,  Ed Oliver,

TJ Hockenson,  Jawaan Taylor

What will Bengals do if all 10 of the players shown above are gone ?   -AND-    What would YOU do if all 10 players shown above are gone ?
Reply/Quote
I think Devin bush would be the pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 11:01 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I think Devin bush would be the pick

Agreed. Devin Bush. 

My sleeper: Andre Dillard
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 11:01 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I think Devin bush would be the pick

So you see the Bengals taking Devin Bush in this scenario.

What would you do ?
Reply/Quote
The Bengals did the expected in 2018 by drafting a Center in round 1.

I am not so sure they do the expected or what fans want this draft in round 1.

Something tells me they will be very tempted by the speed and athleticism on Montez Sweat & speed/power of Rashan Gary.

Rashan Gary can play inside or outside so I lean towards him as the surprise pick by the Bengals in this scenario should there be a surprise.
Reply/Quote
Depends on what you want.

Bush is the best LB left.

Jonah Williams/Dillard are the best OTs left.

If it were me I'd go Dillard. There are good linebackers that will be left in the second round. I'd target Blake Cashman.
Reply/Quote
Trade back, someone will want sweat or gary I would think. Pick up another second or third and draft Williams or Dillard. Going to be some really good players on the Defensive side of the ball that drop into the later rounds I think.

If they would have gotten some LB help in FA I would have said trade up for Q Williams, but it would take too much stock that we need to get LBs in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 11:30 AM)depthchart Wrote: Something tells me they will be very tempted by the speed and athleticism on Montez Sweat 

This.

If the guys you listed are gone I hope we take Sweat.
Reply/Quote
Jonah Williams. He's the safest T prospect in years, he can put Hart on the bench this year and eventually take over for Glenn at LT, and OT contracts are currently insane. The Bengals aren't going to pay the insane prices even average T's are getting in FA, so you have to invest high draft picks there.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 12:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

If the guys you listed are gone I hope we take Sweat.

You may just get your wish, Fred.

An athletic freak to add to the defensive line may be something the Bengals won't pass up.

I honestly can't believe how fast Montez Sweat is.

He ran a 4.41 forty at 6 foot 6 and 260 pounds.

A defensive line 40 combine record.

AJ Green ran a 4.49.
Reply/Quote
Jonah Williams - He can help the line immediately. I really like the Washington LB Ben Burr-Kirven. I think he'll be a beast, and will be around in the 2nd.
Check out my YouTube Show - The Cincinnati Bengals Genius

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Ah3dvZ0FG3NyGp4gNBkEA?view_as=subscriber
Reply/Quote
I recall the podcast guys saying Duke talked up the depth at LB in this draft. Have we discusses that? Maybe he isn't as keen with reaching for the 2nd best at 11.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 12:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I recall the podcast guys saying Duke talked up the depth at LB in this draft.  Have we discusses that?  Maybe he isn't as keen with reaching for the 2nd best at 11.

Yeah, taking Devin Bush almost seems like settling for a 2nd tier guy just after most of the 1st tier guys have been drafted with picks 1 thru 10.

There will likely be some 1st tier guys still on the Board when the Bengals pick and I am not so sure they take Devin Bush to be a poor man's Devin White (so to speak).

A guy like Germaine Pratt at linebacker in round 3 may be an example of some of that linebacker depth.

I am starting to think the pick will be a DT or DE in round 1 for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 01:01 PM)depthchart Wrote: Yeah, taking Devin Bush almost seems like settling for a 2nd tier guy just after most of the 1st tier guys have been drafted with picks 1 thru 10.

There will likely be some 1st tier guys still on the Board when the Bengals pick and I am not so sure they take Devin Bush to be a poor man's Devin White (so to speak).

A guy like Germaine Pratt at linebacker in round 3 may be an example of some of that linebacker depth.

I am starting to think the pick will be a DT or DE in round 1 for the Bengals.

The LB position doomed the entire defense, which in turn, doomed the entire season.   Saying eh, we'll get one later is exactly why that happened and it will keep happening until we take the LB in the first, even if he is a bit of a reach.  Ending this freaking madness and fix that shit.

And it's so easy to say, just grab so and so in the third.  He'll be the guy who will go right before we pick.

If the LB is there, ffs, take him.  Stop the madness.  There us no scheming around what we put out there last year.  FIX IT.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I think they would go with Jonah Williams but if it we're me Jeffery Simmons. He would be a top 5 guy if he didn't tear his ACL this year.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 10:58 AM)depthchart Wrote: Say that all ten of the players shown below are gone before the Bengals pick at #11:

Kyler Murray,  Dwayne Haskins,  Drew Lock

Nick Bosa,  Josh Allen,  Devin White

Quinnen Williams,  Ed Oliver,

TJ Hockenson,  Jawaan Taylor

What will Bengals do if all 10 of the players shown above are gone ?   -AND-    What would YOU do if all 10 players shown above are gone ?

I'm guessing they will either Pick a player at 11 or trade back..

I will just continue to watch the draft.
Reply/Quote
I know it’s the lying season leading up to the draft but there are rumblings about sweats and Gary’s medicals, heart and shoulder respectively. No thanks on Gary. Sweat at least has more production on tape

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 01:23 PM)McC Wrote: The LB position doomed the entire defense, which in turn, doomed the entire season.   Saying eh, we'll get one later is exactly why that happened and it will keep happening until we take the LB in the first, even if he is a bit of a reach.  Ending this freaking madness and fix that shit.

And it's so easy to say, just grab so and so in the third.  He'll be the guy who will go right before we pick.

If the LB is there, ffs, take him.  Stop the madness.  There us no scheming around what we put out there last year.  FIX IT.

Just depends on how certain they are that Devin Bush will be the fix.

If I am nearly hell bent on a fix, then I trade a 3rd round pick to go up 3 or 4 spots to get Devin White.

Not so sure that I would trade a 2nd rounder to get up even higher for Devin White though.

That said, Devin Bush may turn out to be just fine and be better than some of the other options in round 1.

I am a "fix the O-line" first guy but I am starting to doubt they go that direction in round 1.

It may turn out that they do neither LB or O-line and take a TE or DT or DE in round 1.

Different strokes for different folks, especially the Bengals Front Office.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 01:41 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I know it’s the lying season leading up to the draft but there are rumblings about sweats and Gary’s medicals, heart and shoulder respectively.  No thanks on Gary.  Sweat at least has more production on tape

Montez Sweat's heart condition has been a known since he transferred to Mississippi State. It's considered a non factor and they allowed him to play in the SEC and take part in the Combine after medical testing.

As for who you draft its Montez Sweat...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Or package up some picks and try to move up a couple of spots so we know we get a top LB.
Reply/Quote