Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will Bengals do -AND- What would you do if...
I think they go LB. And I would too.

Hate to pass on a LT of the future, or a talented DE in a good class.

But we have no choice. We have to get one of the Devins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Jonah Williams hell end up being best OL prospect from this draft
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2019, 10:44 AM)depthchart Wrote: Rashan Gary can play inside or outside so I lean towards him as the surprise pick by the Bengals in this scenario should there be a surprise.

I think the Bengals would take Rashan Gary and they wait to get a linebacker later in the Draft. I think they would value Gary's versatility to play inside or outside & his speed to power attributes.

I personally would take Andre Dillard and set the left tackle foundation piece for the O-line going forward.

Rashan Gary will be the biggest faller in the draft next week (my bold prediction). For all the physical attributes he had he was never the most dominant player on the field and that should scare teams, and rumor has it; it has. All flash and no production along with some questionable motivation at times.

Sweat is a far better prospect than Gary, I actually have Gary landing down in the late 20's.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2019, 10:45 AM)Au165 Wrote: Rashan Gary will be the biggest faller in the draft next week (my bold prediction. All flash and no production along with some questionable motivation at times. Sweat is a far better prospect than Gary, I actually have Gary landing down in the late 20's.

You may be right.

I just think the Bengals will have a lot of interest in Rashan Gary. I think they would value Gary's versatility to play inside or outside & his speed to power attributes.

I personally would take Andre Dillard and set the left tackle foundation piece for the O-line going forward. Dillard showed very well at the Senior Bowl against some very good guys.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2019, 10:49 AM)depthchart Wrote: You may be right.

I just think the Bengals will have a lot of interest in Rashan Gary. I think they would value Gary's versatility to play inside or outside & his speed to power attributes.

I personally would take Andre Dillard and set the left tackle foundation piece for the O-line going forward. Dillard showed very well at the Senior Bowl against some very good guys.

I'm a big Andre Dillard fan. I think he does go in the top 15, with an outside shot as the top tackle off the board. 
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2019, 10:45 AM)Au165 Wrote: Rashan Gary will be the biggest faller in the draft next week (my bold prediction). For all the physical attributes he had he was never the most dominant player on the field and that should scare teams, and rumor has it; it has. All flash and no production along with some questionable motivation at times.

Sweat is a far better prospect than Gary, I actually have Gary landing down in the late 20's.

I watched the OSU vs UM game lastnight, wanted to keep an eye on Gary and Bush. Gary was owned by Prince, who I'm not high on, so they moved him over to the other side against a sub LT and only made 1 play the entire game. 
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2019, 11:31 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I watched the OSU vs UM game lastnight, wanted to keep an eye on Gary and Bush. Gary was owned by Prince, who I'm not high on, so they moved him over to the other side against a sub LT and only made 1 play the entire game. 

What about Bush ?

Did he look good ?   Can he shed blockers ?
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 02:48 PM)depthchart Wrote: If they do take Bush, then I hope you're right about their similarities.

If Bush ends up being a swing and a miss, then it will be painful to see how well someone else that they passed on panned out.

If Bush ends up being a solid pick that sures up the Linebacking core, then the Bengals take a step forward with the Defense.

Swings and misses.. Well, I guess it depends on how many foul balls are hit and if the final swing actually connects or not.. With the bengals it's hard tellin. They might hit one clear out of the park and into the river, but foul by half an inch.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2019, 11:35 AM)depthchart Wrote: What about Bush ?

Nice article comparing the 2, with some tape...
https://www.cover1.net/2019-nfl-draft-devin-white-devin-bush-linebackers/

PFF's write up...
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-devin-white-vs-devin-bush-tale-of-the-tape

I think both LBs are NFL starters. But I learn a lot on these boards... I am not nearly as knowledgeable as some. Thus I am just tossing out some articles I came across as I was trying to do some research. There are other articles like Yahoos write-up that places Bush ahead of White. White's biggest knock is slower play recognition, but his athleticism usually makes up for it.  Bush has a smaller frame at 5'11" ...
Reply/Quote
Quote:but his athleticism....
OH NO! Not more of, "But he's athletic" comments to compensate for, "But he can't play worth a hoot!" 
Every single player who has ever played in the NFL is athletic hence the term, athletes.. 
Banishing the term athletic from drafts can't happen soon enough.. Little girls in gymnastics are athletic.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2019, 01:28 PM)grampahol Wrote: OH NO! Not more of, "But he's athletic" comments to compensate for, "But he can't play worth a hoot!" 
Every single player who has ever played in the NFL is athletic hence the term, athletes.. 
Banishing the term athletic from drafts can't happen soon enough.. Little girls in gymnastics are athletic.

There is a difference between a top 10 NFL draft pick and whatever your little girls reference was too.  And I was paraphrasing the media, sorry if you don't like certain words. 
Reply/Quote
I think they are locked in on Devin Bush.I also believe he will be there at the eleventh pick,almost sure of that.Not that that would be my choice,but it’s a pretty sure bet that it’s going to happen.
Reply/Quote
Montez Sweat
Reply/Quote
Here's an out of the box thought.....Brian Burns.  Versatile, and can absolutely get after the QB.  Thoughts?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2019, 01:32 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: There is a difference between a top 10 NFL draft pick and whatever your little girls reference was too.  And I was paraphrasing the media, sorry if you don't like certain words. 

Ogbuehi was labelled as athletic and he played like a little girl for 4 years here.

A guy either is or isn't a football player and if his athleticism is used to ignore his lack of football skill then you have a bad draft choice on your hands.

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2019, 11:35 AM)depthchart Wrote: What about Bush ?

You dont want him trying to stack and shed but he can dip and rip with the best of them which is why I cant see him playing any other position other than WILL.

Both Devin White and Devin Bush will struggle with their lack of length in the NFL. I know people will point out there are other guys playing their size and this is true but the White and Bush will have to show they can overcome that weakness themselves. Other guys like Blake Cashman and David Long Jr will have to do the same.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 07:52 PM)Au165 Wrote:   He dominated the bad teams and disappeared at times against the good.  

Perfect fit for the Bengals!
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 10:58 AM)depthchart Wrote: Say that all ten of the players shown below are gone before the Bengals pick at #11:

Kyler Murray,  Dwayne Haskins,  Drew Lock

Nick Bosa,  Josh Allen,  Devin White

Quinnen Williams,  Ed Oliver,

TJ Hockenson,  Jawaan Taylor

What will Bengals do if all 10 of the players shown above are gone ?   -AND-    What would YOU do if all 10 players shown above are gone ?

Andre Dillard or Montez sweat or Devin Bush maybe.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2019, 05:00 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Andre Dillard or Montez sweat or Devin Bush maybe.

You are on the clock & gotta pick one.

Which one would it be ?
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 10:58 AM)depthchart Wrote: Say that all ten of the players shown below are gone before the Bengals pick at #11:

Kyler Murray,  Dwayne Haskins,  Drew Lock

Nick Bosa,  Josh Allen,  Devin White

Quinnen Williams,  Ed Oliver,

TJ Hockenson,  Jawaan Taylor

What will Bengals do if all 10 of the players shown above are gone ?   -AND-    What would YOU do if all 10 players shown above are gone ?

The Bengals would take Devin White, or trade back (more likely) and I would take Jawaan Taylor.  
Reply/Quote