Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will Bengals do -AND- What would you do if...
(04-19-2019, 05:00 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Andre Dillard or Montez sweat or Devin Bush maybe.

Dillard is too much like Ogbuehi. I don’t like him at all. Looks really soft.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 10:58 AM)depthchart Wrote: Say that all ten of the players shown below are gone before the Bengals pick at #11:

Kyler Murray,  Dwayne Haskins,  Drew Lock

Nick Bosa,  Josh Allen,  Devin White

Quinnen Williams,  Ed Oliver,

TJ Hockenson,  Jawaan Taylor

What will Bengals do if all 10 of the players shown above are gone ?   -AND-    What would YOU do if all 10 players shown above are gone ?

I would trade back and select either Devin Bush, Cody Ford, Jonah Williams or Christian Wilkins.

Also this means Sweat fell, so i might take him at 11 too.
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals will go with Cody Ford.

I would go with Dillard or Wilkins. Dillard is the best pass pro OT in this draft but maybe needs some more core strength for the running game so he would be a better LT in the NFL IMO. Wilkins is good against the rush and and be disruptive in the passing game. Wilkins along with Dunlap, Geno would take the defensive line to another level.

With that said, I would be okay with Ford at RT. He is a mauler.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 04:25 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think the Bengals will go with Cody Ford.

I would go with Dillard or Wilkins. Dillard is the best pass pro OT in this draft but maybe needs some more core strength for the running game so he would be a better LT in the NFL IMO. Wilkins is good against the rush and and be disruptive in the passing game. Wilkins along with Dunlap, Geno would take the defensive line to another level.

With that said, I would be okay with Ford at RT. He is a mauler.

How could i forget about Ford lol

Edit time.
Reply/Quote
BTW, on the Mock draft just at this moment with Mel and Todd they have us taking Jawaan Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 04:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: BTW, on the Mock draft just at this moment with Mel and Todd they have us taking Jawaan Taylor.

That would be a great pick.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I'd take Sweat and I'd hope the Bengals would be smart enough to do likewise.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I'd take Ford.

I feel like the Bengals might take Bush here. Bush feels like a consolation prize, somewhat like Billy Price after Ragnow.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 11:22 PM)samhain Wrote: I'd take Ford.

I feel like the Bengals might take Bush here.  Bush feels like a consolation prize, somewhat like Billy Price after Ragnow.

But yet, James Daniels was the best of the bunch. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Bengals go Devin Bush. I would go Jawaan Taylor.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 05:09 PM)depthchart Wrote: I have been high on linebacker Mack Wilson in round 2.

Horrible combine, can probably get him the third. He’s really falling. Slow.

(04-19-2019, 01:28 PM)grampahol Wrote: OH NO! Not more of, "But he's athletic" comments to compensate for, "But he can't play worth a hoot!" 
Every single player who has ever played in the NFL is athletic hence the term, athletes.. 
Banishing the term athletic from drafts can't happen soon enough.. Little girls in gymnastics are athletic.

Laugh all you want, but an un-athletic girl can’t be a gymnast just like an un-athletic linebacker who i# stiff won’t be successful.

(04-19-2019, 01:47 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Here's an out of the box thought.....Brian Burns.  Versatile, and can absolutely get after the QB.  Thoughts?

He really wowed everyone at the combine. Extremely rare athlete that can move all over and play. But do we need another player like that who is essentially a piece player you can move around or someone who is more of a 3 down Edge guy like Sweat? Burns can probably cover and rush the passer but not likely to be a stout run defender.

I won’t be upset either way, Burns is a weapon, but I think Sweat is a need and more valuable.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 05:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd take Sweat and I'd hope the Bengals would be smart enough to do likewise.

Agreed, if Montez is still there at 11 they gotta take him.
Reply/Quote
Metcalf should be strongly considered. If AJs injuries continue our offense suffers immensely. Ross is a bust so far and Boyd would be hard pressed to fill the #1 receiver spot.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2019, 08:56 AM)yang Wrote: Horrible combine, can probably get him the third. He’s really falling. Slow.

Laugh all you want, but an un-athletic girl can’t be a gymnast just like an un-athletic linebacker who i# stiff won’t be successful.

He really wowed everyone at the combine.  Extremely rare athlete that can move all over and play.   But do we need another player like that who is essentially a piece player you can move around or someone who is more of a 3 down Edge guy like Sweat?  Burns can probably cover and rush the passer but not likely to be a stout run defender.

I won’t be upset either way, Burns is a weapon, but I think Sweat is a need and more valuable.

That's a good point....but aside from the combine, he was a stud on a really poor FSU team.  I dunno, it would be a luxury pick, most likely, but it might pan out better than Sweat due to the health concerns there.  It's out of the box, no question.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 01:16 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Bengals would take Devin White, or trade back (more likely) and I would take Jawaan Taylor.  

The 10 players that I listed were actually not available when the Bengals pick at pick #11.

White and Taylor were already gone.

What do you think the Bengals would do/you do then ?
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2019, 01:28 PM)grampahol Wrote: OH NO! Not more of, "But he's athletic" comments to compensate for, "But he can't play worth a hoot!" 
Every single player who has ever played in the NFL is athletic hence the term, athletes.. 
Banishing the term athletic from drafts can't happen soon enough.. Little girls in gymnastics are athletic.

Me too. My skin crawls when I hear “His athleticism is ....”.

We can thank Paul Alexander for that.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2019, 11:35 AM)depthchart Wrote: What about Bush ?

Did he look good ?   Can he shed blockers ?

Bush went out of the game early in the 3rd quarter. He got injured chasing Weber out of the backfield. 
As to your question, I have it in my head that White will actually be there. If not, I think the pick is Bush. Our D was dead last year in just about every statistical catagory. That's bad! Yes we need Oline help, but that was a shit show on D last year! We might not see an OT taken till the 3rd RD. Someone that will see some playing time, but mainly will learn year one. Defense needs players now!
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 12:27 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Bush went out of the game early in the 3rd quarter. He got injured chasing Weber out of the backfield. 
As to your question, I have it in my head that White will actually be there. If not, I think the pick is Bush. Our D was dead last year in just about every statistical catagory. That's bad! Yes we need Oline help, but that was a shit show on D last year! We might not see an OT taken till the 3rd RD. Someone that will see some playing time, but mainly will learn year one. Defense needs players now!

I am warming up to the idea of Devin Bush in round one. (though not my 1st choice)

The Bengals could use some speed at linebacker.

I have been hearing a scenario where White goes before Denver picks at #10 and that Denver will want Devin Bush.

The Broncos new Head Coach Vic Fangio was defensive co-ordinator for the Bears in 2018 when they took linebacker Roquan Smith.

Some are saying that Fangio may want Devin Bush to fill a similar role for the Broncos.

Both Devin's could be gone before the Bengals pick.

What then ?
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 11:44 AM)depthchart Wrote: The 10 players that I listed were actually not available when the Bengals pick at pick #11.

White and Taylor were already gone.

What do you think the Bengals would do/you do then ?

My bad, must have still been half asleep.

I think the Bengals would select Andre Dillard and I would as well.  He can play either RT or LT (they like that versatility) and I believe he has the best overall skill set to be a solid long term option at LT.  
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 12:38 PM)depthchart Wrote: I am warming up to the idea of Devin Bush in round one. (though not my 1st choice)

The Bengals could use some speed at linebacker.

I have been hearing a scenario where White goes before Denver picks at #10 and that Denver will want Devin Bush.

The Broncos new Head Coach Vic Fangio was defensive co-ordinator for the Bears in 2018 when they took linebacker Roquan Smith.

Some are saying that Fangio may want Devin Bush to fill a similar role for the Broncos.

Both Devin's could be gone before the Bengals pick.

What then ?
Honestly think one will surely be there. I can't see Bush coming off the board before we pick. To answer your question, if both are gone, then I think you have to go OT. Which one, I don't know.....
Reply/Quote