Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
What will impact be with voters if Trump is forced to take a mug shot?
(08-26-2023, 09:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump wasn't convicted of raping E Jean Carroll because when he did it he was a democrat, and as conservatives keep telling me we have a two-tiered justice system that only goes after republicans.

I'm not sure if this was intentional or not but this is the funniest thing I've ever read from you lol.  I know it's sarcasm but it's still funny.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 09:17 PM)basballguy Wrote: I'm not sure if this was intentional or not but this is the funniest thing I've ever read from you lol.  I know it's sarcasm but it's still funny.  

I've brought this up to others when they say that democrats are corrupt and protect their own, so I guess it makes sense since when Trump was bragging about getting away with grabbing women and walking in on teen miss usa contestants and a litany of other misdeeds, he was a democrat.

So saying that our justice system lets democrats get away with crimes makes it seem like everyone should agree that Trump did many things that should have resulted in prison time prior to his 2009 change to being a republican. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 01:45 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Are you saying Trump didn't concede?

In the case of Gore, he did demand recounts in the State of FL (where he lost narrowly), why wasn't that treated as trying to overturn the election?

But that wasn't my real point, my point was going forward if anyone challenges the votes, then it can be viewed as working to overturn the results.

No one, not even Gore, continued and continues to say he "really won" and everything was rigged.

1135809 conceded on 1/8.  Two days after holding a rally at the capitol to try and get the results from being certified. He didn't even attend the inauguration.

There is zero, no, zilch comparisons to anyone who asked for a recount and 1135809.  Not even close.  It's a false comparison and complete and utter waste of time.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 05:28 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: And a judge signed off on a search warrant for the raid in Kansas on that newspaper, but apparently that was insufficient in that thread.  You guys' faith in a judge's decision seems to be largely predicated on whether you personally agree with the decision.  I could point to the Dobbs decision for another example of you showing disdain for judicial competence.  An inconsistent opinion is a useless opinion.

As for the judge's statement, it's in blindingly inaccurate.  There is a world of difference between a criminal conviction and being found liable in civil court.  Large parts of this have already been explained to you.  The burden of proof is significantly lower.  In civil court is is "preponderance of the evidence" which literally means 50.01% likely versus 49.99% unlikely.  You also don't need a unanimous jury.  So no, there is an enormous "real-world" difference between that and a criminal conviction.

Kansas raid?? What? Say What  What additional windmills are you tilting at now?

Back on topic, now we are talking about a decision you "personally" disagree with. 

--except this is a JURY'S decision not a judge's.

And UNANIMOUS whether "needed" or not. 

Looks to me like the evidentiary standard was met and then some. 

I'm puzzled: the forum's most inconsistent opinionator suddenly plants his flag on this
issue to defend Trump's honor, proclaiming "an inconsistent opinion is a useless opinion."
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 05:28 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: And a judge signed off on a search warrant for the raid in Kansas on that newspaper, but apparently that was insufficient in that thread.  You guys' faith in a judge's decision seems to be largely predicated on whether you personally agree with the decision.  I could point to the Dobbs decision for another example of you showing disdain for judicial competence.  An inconsistent opinion is a useless opinion.

A magistrate signed off on the search warrant.  In Kansas, magistrates are restricted to administrative duties unlike judges who can run civil and criminal trials

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 05:28 PM)basballguy Wrote: SSP kinda already hit on this...also, the judge here is providing a personal opinion and it's not a statement of fact.

??? Judge's legal explanation of what a jury found in a trial he presided over is "personal opinion"? 

(08-26-2023, 05:28 PM)basballguy Wrote: But then it sounds like you're just providing speculation and opinion and not actual fact like it came across.  

??? Not sure what you are saying here. Am I "speculating" about whether Trump's team forged 7 slates of 
false electors, or that Trump called together a mob to pressure Pence to throw the certification with the intent 
to illegally retain power? 

Seems like you are operating the distinction between "opinion" and "fact" in a rather black and white fashion.
There is a difference between "opinion" supported with reason and evidence, and "just opinion," like some guy's wild guess.
There is a difference between a legal "opinion" as a genre of legal writing and your "opinion" on who will win the AFC North.

There is also a difference between kinds of "facts." A jury may on occasion convict an innocent person, or let a
guilty person go free. That a jury renders a decision is a legal fact, certainly, but if the verdict is wrong, then 
what actually happened is another kind of "fact," an extra-legal one. 

So I don't know what you are getting at when a judge's explanation of why Carroll was judged to have been raped, in the 
"common understanding" of the term, seems to you just his "opinion," and then you ask me why the Trump indictments
don't mention the word "coup." You were asking for "fact" rather than speculation/opinion?   

Perhaps you were assuming that if the word "coup" were mentioned in the indictment, then it would be a "fact" that what
Trump attempted was a coup, but if not then not? And if not, then calling the attempt to overturn a valid election a "coup" would be hyperbole? 
Hope that's not what you are assuming, but I do want to ask.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 11:59 AM)Dill Wrote: Kansas raid?? What? Say What  What additional windmills are you tilting at now?

Back on topic, now we are talking about a decision you "personally" disagree with. 

--except this is a JURY'S decision not a judge's.

And UNANIMOUS whether "needed" or not. 

Looks to me like the evidentiary standard was met and then some. 

I'm puzzled: the forum's most inconsistent opinionator suddenly plants his flag on this
issue to defend Trump's honor, proclaiming "an inconsistent opinion is a useless opinion."

You being puzzled wouldn't exactly be unprecedented.  Your personal attacks are not appreciated, but I will weather them in good humor. 

(08-27-2023, 12:13 PM)pally Wrote: A magistrate signed off on the search warrant.  In Kansas, magistrates are restricted to administrative duties unlike judges who can run civil and criminal trials

Cool, just let me know which professions you trust automatically and which you don't see I can keep track.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 02:14 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You being puzzled wouldn't exactly be unprecedented.  Your personal attacks are not appreciated, but I will weather them in good humor. 

Cool, just let me know which professions you trust automatically and which you don't see I can keep track.

I didn't say one way or the other about trustworthiness.  I was simply pointing out that in Kansas magistrates and judges have 2 different roles in the judicial system there and it was the magistrate, not a judge who signed off on the search warrant.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 09:41 AM)GMDino Wrote: No one, not even Gore, continued and continues to say he "really won" and everything was rigged.

1135809 conceded on 1/8.  Two days after holding a rally at the capitol to try and get the results from being certified. He didn't even attend the inauguration.

There is zero, no, zilch comparisons to anyone who asked for a recount and 1135809.  Not even close.  It's a false comparison and complete and utter waste of time.

*sighs

Did you ignore the part again where i said going forward if anyone challenges the counts, that they will be charged with working to overturn the results?

(08-27-2023, 12:13 PM)pally Wrote: A magistrate signed off on the search warrant.  In Kansas, magistrates are restricted to administrative duties unlike judges who can run civil and criminal trials

Can you provide a link saying that? I've tried to look it up and all i can find is that a Magistrate Judge and Judge have the same power, only difference is how they get there. Maybe i'm missing that info.

https://www.kscourts.org/Judges/Become-a-Judge
Judges of the district court are selected in one of two ways. One is by merit selection and retention vote, and the other is by partisan ballot. In either method, judges serve four-year terms.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 04:50 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: *sighs

Did you ignore the part again where i said going forward if anyone challenges the counts, that they will be charged with working to overturn the results?

I didn't ignore it...and that is why I said you can't compare what 1135809 did to what Gore did.  Or anyone who challenged counts and demanded recounts. Or anyone who will in the future unless they also do all the things 1135809 is accused of.

What 1135809 did is unique in the annals of Presidential elections and is being treated as such.

That is why the "he was only questioning, this is a first amendment issue" has been largely blasted by most people.  As many people said over the years about 1135809 you can't complain what about what he says...look at what he actually he does.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 03:29 PM)pally Wrote: I didn't say one way or the other about trustworthiness.  I was simply pointing out that in Kansas magistrates and judges have 2 different roles in the judicial system there and it was the magistrate, not a judge who signed off on the search warrant.  

In the KS raid we have a warrant issued within a day for multiple locations that may have gone against the law and with lots of questions attached to it including when and where it was filed.  A case that is still eveolving.  (Already cited in THAT thread.)

In the 1135809 defamation case a SECOND Judge made clear that 1135809 committed rape AFTER the first case was heard and 1135809 was found liable.  Also cited in ANOTHER thread...the one where you were asked to "change the title" for clarity...lol.

So we have two completely different situations where judges did unrelated things brought up in a thread about 1135089's mug shot?  
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 02:14 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You being puzzled wouldn't exactly be unprecedented.  Your personal attacks are not appreciated, but I will weather them in good humor. 

No "personal attack" in my post. I didn't regard your imputing "disdain for judicial opinion," to me, as such, nor 
advancing my "inconsistency" for personally agreeing with a judge you personally disagree with, though I wish you'd
eventually try and prove that rather than just saying it all the time. 

But I do wish I'd just saved this one for the future:  An inconsistent opinion is a useless opinion.

Still can, I guess. Meantime, carry on.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 11:10 PM)Dill Wrote: No "personal attack" in my post. I didn't regard your imputing "disdain for judicial opinion," to me, as such, nor 
advancing my "inconsistency" for personally agreeing with a judge you personally disagree with, though I wish you'd
eventually try and prove that rather than just saying it all the time. 

But I do wish I'd just saved this one for the future:  An inconsistent opinion is a useless opinion.

Still can, I guess. Meantime, carry on.

I have my flaws, that unlike yourself I acknowledge.  Being inconsistent is not among them.  Feel free to prove otherwise, but please actually stay on topic for a change.  Also, I didn't personally disagree with the judge, I pointed out the very real and significant differences between the civil and criminal justice system.  You know the kind of substantive facts you pretend to care about, but ignore when they don't serve your purpose.  Stay consistent though, love you.Wub  
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 12:19 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I have my flaws, that unlike yourself I acknowledge.  Being inconsistent is not among them.  Feel free to prove otherwise, but please actually stay on topic for a change.  Also, I didn't personally disagree with the judge, I pointed out the very real and significant differences between the civil and criminal justice system.  You know the kind of substantive facts you pretend to care about, but ignore when they don't serve your purpose.  Stay consistent though, love you.Wub  

?? Thought I had proven otherwise, on numerous occasions. E.g., unless someone else regularly hijacks your computer, you are the same guy who defends ideals of absolute free speech, but also calls for the mods to take down threads he doesn't like, or wants people stop making Nazi analogies while making them himself. The same guy who is easily triggered into angry, thread stopping personal attacks, but grouses that others are "thin-skinned" or overly sensitive to his personal attacks.  I cannot think of a time you've ever admitted to your "flaws" which was not immediately followed by your leveraging this purported "self-honesty" into a claim that others aren't.  When that becomes the point of such admissions, then they are just rationalizations for bad behavior, not offered in good faith, from someone who regularly and unnecessarily accuses others of "bad faith." You just brought up a magistrate's decision from another thread, addressing me as "you guys" (??) but now want ME to "stay on topic for a change" after YOU've veered us off.  It's the accusation that makes for the inconsistency here, not the reference to another thread.

You know I could go on with all new examples since the last time I did this, but why not just leave off the moral policing? It's fine to address flaws in arguments, if you can actually demonstrate them, but it's not fine if your real target, thread after thread, is others' imputed insincerity or "inconsistency," and you end up doing what you accuse others of doing while accusing them of doing it.  

So which is it: "prove otherwise" or "stay on topic--which, I guess, is not the issue of "inconsistency" that YOU  introduced? 

If on topic, then I'd remind you that SOMEONE said the judge's explanation was "blindingly inaccurate." That sounds like a disagreement for sure. Are you going to say that was not disagreement, or that it was not a "personal" disagreement, since you were only pointing out "the very real and significant differences between civil and criminal justice"? A "professional" disagreement then. Judge just got the law wrong, or forgot the difference.

Unless the height of the evidentiary bar, which I presume the judge knows very well, was not at issue in his explanation. Perhaps his point was that the jury found for defamation because they were convinced that Trump had raped Carroll, in "the common understanding of the term." Otherwise the finding would make no sense. If so, then the judge's explanation was "blindingly accurate" and your legal "correction" just beside the point. 

My statements are only "inaccurate" if I claim that Trump was convicted of rape. But I did not claim that. I labeled him a "rapist" just as the jury did; like them, I believe Carroll, and with the defamation judgment, I won't continue regarding the matter as if it were just "he said/she said."
I guess you want to argue that the label is only "accurate" in cases of criminal conviction.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 09:32 AM)Dill Wrote: ?? Thought I had proven otherwise, on numerous occasions.

You haven't.  You think a lot of things that don't end up being true.  Like Vietnam veterans being spat upon is a myth, that it "couldn't have happened" and that is was apocryphal.  

Why have you dodged the following question?  If Trump is a rapist because the judge said so, and they know best, then why is the Dobbs decision wrong, when it was decided by six judges?  Are judges only correct when they agree with you?  We all know the answer, but we also know your reply, if we actually get one, will be a fascinating display of mental gymnastics.

In any event, I'm going to cease responding to your attacks on me and return to the thread topic. 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 11:24 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You haven't.  You think a lot of things that don't end up being true.  Like Vietnam veterans being spat upon is a myth, that it "couldn't have happened" and that is was apocryphal.  

Why have you dodged the following question?  If Trump is a rapist because the judge said so, and they know best, then why is the Dobbs decision wrong, when it was decided by six judges?  Are judges only correct when they agree with you?  We all know the answer, but we also know your reply, if we actually get one, will be a fascinating display of mental gymnastics.

In any event, I'm going to cease responding to your attacks on me and return to the thread topic. 

1) I'm sure you are taking that personally because of your father, but did Dill ever say that "couldn't have happened" to him?  Or did he say there has been some studying into it and it wasn't as widespread as people may believe?

2) Here's another example of you bringing other threads into a different one for personal reasons. 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 11:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: 1) I'm sure you are taking that personally because of your father, but did Dill ever say that "couldn't have happened" to him?  Or did he say there has been some studying into it and it wasn't as widespread as people may believe?

2) Here's another example of you bringing other threads into a different one for personal reasons. 

Sorry, I know you feel the need to defend your friend, but he's the one who started with the personal attacks here.  Also, yes, he flat out made a post that stated numerous times that it was a myth, that it couldn't have happened and that it was apocryphal.  Then, in typical fashion, he claimed he never said any of that and was only quoting others.

Secondly, if you're going to call out behavior than be consistent.  Dill is the first person to bring other threads into this argument by attacking my posting history instead of the actual argument I was making.  But you'll never, ever, call him out.  If I get attacked, I am going to defend myself.

Lastly, if you really want this forum to be what you claim you want then start applying your standards for behavior equally, not just to the people you don't like or disagree with.  I won't be responding to this any further as you'll simply use it as "evidence" of my continuing to disrupt things. 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 09:32 AM)Dill Wrote: E.g., unless someone else regularly hijacks your computer, you are the same guy who defends ideals of absolute free speech, but also calls for the mods to take down threads he doesn't like

I've literally never done this, ever.  Why make things up?  

Quote:or wants people stop making Nazi analogies while making them himself. 

Yeah, you're going to have to show me this one.  I'm sure it won't be taken out of context at all.

Sorry all, but if I'm accused of doing something I don't do I do feel compelled to point that out.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 11:53 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Sorry, I know you feel the need to defend your friend, but he's the one who started with the personal attacks here.  Also, yes, he flat out made a post that stated numerous times that it was a myth, that it couldn't have happened and that it was apocryphal.  Then, in typical fashion, he claimed he never said any of that and was only quoting others.

Secondly, if you're going to call out behavior than be consistent.  Dill is the first person to bring other threads into this argument by attacking my posting history instead of the actual argument I was making.  But you'll never, ever, call him out.  If I get attacked, I am going to defend myself.

Lastly, if you really want this forum to be what you claim you want then start applying your standards for behavior equally, not just to the people you don't like or disagree with.  I won't be responding to this any further as you'll simply use it as "evidence" of my continuing to disrupt things. 

Again I disagree with how you interpreted that entire discussion but I acknowledge it is personal for you, it just doesn't have anything to do with this topic.  That's mainly why I responded to you first.

I agree Dill should also refrain from continuing along these lines whether he is my "friend" or not.  But if "applying your standards for behavior equally, not just to the people you don't like or disagree with" is going to be standard there won't be many posters left here on either side.  Smirk

I'll also stop here.

Back to the mug shot.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/26/trump-mugshot-fundraising-00113118

Quote:Trump raised $7.1 million after Georgia booking, mugshot
The former president raised $4.18 million on Friday alone, the single-highest 24 hour period of his campaign to date.
[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.politico.com%2...-76752.jpg]

After Donald Trump was taken into custody, his campaign began selling shirts, posters, bumper stickers and beverage coolers bearing Trump’s scowling mugshot. | Fulton County Sheriff’s Office via AP
By ALEX ISENSTADT
08/26/2023 06:18 PM EDT
Updated: 08/26/2023 07:10 PM EDT

Donald Trump has turned his Georgia mugshot into a record-breaking fundraising haul.

The former president has raised $7.1 million since he was booked at an Atlanta jail Thursday evening, according to figures provided first to POLITICO by his campaign. On Friday alone, Trump raised $4.18 million, making it the single-highest 24-hour period of his campaign to date, according to a person familiar with the totals.

The campaign’s fundraising has been powered by merchandise it has been selling through his online store. After Trump was taken into custody, the campaign began selling shirts, posters, bumper stickers and beverage coolers bearing Trump’s scowling mugshot. The items bear the tagline “NEVER SURRENDER!” and range in price from $12 to $34.

[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.politico.com%2...Fshare.jpg]

LEGAL
Tracking the Trump criminal cases
BY POLITICO STAFF

The campaign has also been prodding online donors with emails and text messages. And on Thursday night, while flying back from Atlanta to Bedminster, N.J. Trump sent out his first tweet in more than two years directing supporters to his website. The site’s landing page includes the mugshot and asks supporters to “make a contribution to evict Crooked Joe Biden from the White House and SAVE AMERICA during this dark chapter in our nation’s history.”

The fundraising blitz illustrates how Trump has parlayed his four indictments into campaign cash, rallying his hardcore supporters.
Trump’s campaign says it has raised nearly $20 million in the last three weeks, during which time Trump was indicted on charges related to his role in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot and for trying to overturn the Georgia vote count in the 2020 election. That figure is more than half of what Trump raised during his first seven months in the 2024 race.

Private, non-political organizations have also been trying to monetize the mugshot. Barstool Sports, a prominent sports and pop culture website, for instance, has been selling its own Trump mugshot t-shirts for $32.

A fool and his money are soon parted.  And 1135809 can grift with the best of them.

If he shot someone on 5th avenue he'd have the bullet up for auction that day with followers falling over each other to own it.
Reply/Quote
Conservatives:  I can't afford groceries!

also Conservatives:  Donald Trump needs more of my money!  We need Trump in office so we can afford our basic necessities as well as our automatic direct donations to Trump!

TRUMP 20204:  I'll make the economy so good you'll have more money to give to me!

TRUMP = Avocado Toast for conservatives
Reply/Quote