Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will this team look like next year?
I wish we had a crystal ball to see in the future but curious what everyone thinks this team will look like next year? Coaches, coordinators, roster etc. Im having a hard time staying optimistic especially with the thought of ZT coming back. Were lying to ourselves if we think ZT has any chance of competing with the other teams in our division. I hope im wrong and the front office makes the move but I feel the backlash from fans if ZT is retained will be far worse than any other ownership has felt. As far as the roster goes its hard saying where we will be, with the likely departure of Geno, AJ, John Ross, WJ3. Maybe we can bring in a bunch of former rams like Mike Thomas and kill it with them
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 11:02 AM)uticabengalfan Wrote: I wish we had a crystal ball to see in the future but curious what everyone thinks this team will look like next year? Coaches, coordinators, roster etc. Im having a hard time staying optimistic especially with the thought of ZT coming back. Were lying to ourselves if we think ZT has any chance of competing with the other teams in our division. I hope im wrong and the front office makes the move but I feel the backlash from fans if ZT is retained will be far worse than any other ownership has felt. As far as the roster goes its hard saying where we will be, with the likely departure of Geno, AJ, John Ross, WJ3. Maybe we can bring in a bunch of former rams like Mike Thomas and kill it with them

I disagree on the backlash.. many Bengals fans I know were more adamant that Marvin had to go and a new young coach needed to come in.  Today though they are disappointed in our overall wins many don;t target ZT for removal after just 2 years. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 11:14 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I disagree on the backlash.. many Bengals fans I know were more adamant that Marvin had to go and a new young coach needed to come in.  Today though they are disappointed in our overall wins many don;t target ZT for removal after just 2 years. 

We agreed marvins time had come... But agreeing on a young no experience coach we did not...

ZT needs to go... There is nothing he has shown in 2 years the justify a 3rd NOTHING!
Reply/Quote
re: Zac Taylor...we're 2 years in and it looks like the team needs rebuilt still. Worse off than 2 years ago. We keep him another year or 2, we'll probably still be in bad shape.

Reminds me of: The best time to plant an apple tree was 20 years ago. The next best time is today. The sooner we get rid of Taylor and get a good coach in, the quicker a rebuild goes.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 11:14 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I disagree on the backlash.. many Bengals fans I know were more adamant that Marvin had to go and a new young coach needed to come in.  Today though they are disappointed in our overall wins many don;t target ZT for removal after just 2 years. 

Truly sad. Taylor isn't going to suddenly become a good coach over the off-season. He'll continue to suck for as many years as the team keeps him on.

One has to recognize that something needs to change before they will change it. Just listen to Taylor. He's nowhere near believing anything needs to change at all.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 11:55 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Truly sad. Taylor isn't going to suddenly become a good coach over the off-season. He'll continue to suck for as many years as the team keeps him on.

That's the thing I see too. Coach development isn't like a player that the longer they play the better they get. Taylor is a bad coach. He has no good coaches here to mentor him so he improves.

That said, I could see the Bengals deluding themselves into thinking that he'll improve.

And if Taylor does improve, he'll get to what Below Average? Average?

You need good to great coaches to win in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote