Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would Andy's contract look like...
(08-04-2015, 03:46 PM)Stewy Wrote: Way to cherry pick those number.  Fitz had a career year last year, playing in the AFCSucks.  Dalton would look a ton better with 6 games against Colts/Texans/Jags vs. Browns/Steelers/Ravens.

Wow you really stink at this troll thing.

Try harder.

Just some food for thought:

Indy and Houston both had better defenses than that of the Steelers, Bengals, and Browns.

Baltimore - 9            ---------               Indy - 11
Pittsburgh - 18        ----------              Houston - 16
Cincinnati - 22         ----------              Jacksonville - 27
Cleveland - 23         ----------              Tennessee - 28

The AFCN vs the AFCS in team defense wasn't really that far apart last year.  At least not enough to use as a lone reason to explain why Ryan Fitzpatrick had a better year than Dalton.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 03:40 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Honestly, Andy is paid exactly as he should be.

As more of the big name QB's get signed the picture becomes clearer.

Andrew Luck will get a new large contract soon just to throw Andy lower on the "Highest Paid QB List" in which he already is the 17th.

So Andy will be paid as the 18th best QB in the league... seems legit to me.

Oh nos......not them pesky facts! ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 02:51 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: For the life of me, I will never understand the urgency shown in inking that deal a year early.  It made no sense.  You could have let him play out the final year and then franchise tagged in back to back years, for almost an identical amount of money over those three seasons.

And that is what makes it such a good deal for the bengals.  If Dalton had continued to play as well as he did in 2013 then he would have cost us a TON more money after two years or else he would have left for another team.

The way we structured the deal was brilliant.  He is locked up long term if we want to keep him, but it doesn't cost us a lot if we release him after a couple of years.

And as the cap goes up every year the cost of a QB will go up also.  If Dalton plays out this contract he will be one of the lowest paid starters in the league the final years.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 04:16 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Just some food for thought:

Indy and Houston both had better defenses than that of the Steelers, Bengals, and Browns.

The AFCN vs the AFCS in team defense wasn't really that far apart last year.  At least not enough to use as a lone reason to explain why Ryan Fitzpatrick had a better year than Dalton.

Total defense numbers are kind of meaningless when talking about a QBs pass efficiency rating.  The picture is much different if you compare apples to apples.

Fitzpatrick only played ONE game against a team that ranked higher than 13th in pass efficiency defense.  Over half (58%) of his games (7 of 12) were against teams that ranked 20th or lower.

On the other hand Dalton played 5 games against top 10 pass efficiency defenses (including 2 against the #1 ranked pass defense in the league), and only a little more than a third (38%) of his games (6 of 16) came against teams ranked 20th or lower
Reply/Quote
If Andy had never signed his deal, the Bengals would have saved around 20 Million over the last 2 seasons.

Facts Stink!
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 04:16 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Just some food for thought:

Well, the defenses Andy faced had an average ranking of 16.7 compared to an average rank of 22nd for the teams Fitzy faced. Not a huge difference, but definitely a difference. I'd also argue that Fitzy had better receivers last year, with Andre Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins healthy all year long.

Either way, it was a career year for Fitz and a career worst year for Dalton. I don't think too many people actually feel that Dalton and Fitzpatrick are on a similar level.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 02:11 PM)BipRoberts Wrote: If he was never signed to the extension this time last year?  As everyone knows, its basically a 2 year deal worth a sunk 25 Million.

Given his bottom 1/2 of the league standing as a QB in every single reputable QB ranking  out there (Bottom 1/3rd in some)

His inability to improve/adapt when things do not go 100% to plan

and his declining numbers, and horrendous 2014 campaign.

I wonder what his hypothetical contract would have looked like.    My Guess, 3 year 18 million dollar deal.  With about 6 M guaranteed. I guess those lunatics with the bed sheets last summer were right.  Would have saved the Bengals a lot of money to just wait and make him earn it.

We have seen how Andy reacts under pressure and in the spotlight.  He is basically playing for his next 5 year contract all season long.  The Bengals can walk away from him without paying a dime after this season.  That would negate roughly 75 million for Andy.

History shows, he's gonna blow it.  Check out his career 53 Rating the playoffs and his prime time record.

Seems he's going into a contract year then given the underlined above.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 06:36 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Seems he's going into a contract year then given the underlined above.

Seems to me, they paid a guy close to 30 million for a job that would have been done for 10 million.

Overpay
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 09:09 PM)BipRoberts Wrote: Seems to me, they paid a guy close to 30 million for a job that would have been done for 10 million.

Overpay

Seems to me you should be a fan of a different team.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
It's good to know some things never change.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Hey Bip, how have you missed posting in this thread?

http://bengalsboard.net/Thread-AJ-McCarron-is-a-future-star

Everyone id waiting for you over there.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 10:04 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Seems to me you should be a fan of a different team.

That's a terrible argument, on par with saying that you weren't a Bengals fan if you were not 100% on board with Dave Shula, David Klingler, and Akili Smith back in the '90's......mmm. You can't be a real Bengals fan if you stood up and yelled at the TV when the team drafted Chris Perry and Jermaine Gresham over Steven Jackson and Dez Bryant. I think it's perfectly alright for fans to be in a "I can't wait until my team realizes that Dalton sucks and gets rid of him" mode of feeling/thinking.....that's just my two cents
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 10:43 PM)PacMan Fever Wrote: That's a terrible argument, on par with saying that you weren't a Bengals fan if you were not 100% on board with Dave Shula, David Klingler, and Akili Smith back in the '90's......mmm. You can't be a real Bengals fan if you stood up and yelled at the TV when the team drafted Chris Perry and Jermaine Gresham over Steven Jackson and Dez Bryant. I think it's perfectly alright for fans to be in a "I can't wait until my team realizes that Dalton sucks and gets rid of him" mode of feeling/thinking.....that's just my two cents

Seems like the majority of the Homers on here are in the ..'if you don't bend over and blindly take below average and poor play in the ass, then you are not a fan'

Most bengals and Reds fan have no gauge on what a successful team really is, sadly. They just take it.

I choose to expect more. That means I need a new team, I guess. Lol
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 10:52 PM)BipRoberts Wrote: Seems like the majority of the Homers on here are in the ..'if you don't bend over and blindly take below average and poor play in the ass, then you are not a fan'

Most bengals and Reds fan have no gauge on what a successful team really is, sadly.  They just take it.

I choose to expect more.  That means I need a new team, I guess. Lol
Where are you watching these games when that kind of thing happens?  That (kind of violation) would make me upset
with Dalton's contract too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 10:52 PM)BipRoberts Wrote: 'if you don't bend over and blindly take below average and poor play in the ass, then you are not a fan'

I choose to expect more. 

So you expect MORE than poor play up your ass?

PM me.  I think I can help you out.
Reply/Quote
It sure is a shame that the good name of Bip Roberts was tarnished like this.......

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 11:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: It sure is a shame that the good name of Bip Roberts was tarnished like this.......

Yup. He was only with the Reds for a couple seasons, but he was great in RBI Baseball.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 12:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yup. He was only with the Reds for a couple seasons, but he was great in RBI Baseball.

Yessir, I remember him more as a Padre......but liked him for the Reds as well.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 11:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: It sure is a shame that the good name of Bip Roberts was tarnished like this.......

(08-05-2015, 12:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yup. He was only with the Reds for a couple seasons, but he was great in RBI Baseball.

No doubt.  Poor Bip being sullied like this.
Reply/Quote