Poll: What would YOU do if YOU were Joe Burrow ?
sign with the Bengals if they Draft you & plan on a full career as a Bengal
let it be known that you will never play for the Bengals before the Draft
play out Bengal rookie contract & franchise tags but not sign longer term if Bengals stay bad
demand the right to Draft O-line help yourself at will or you won’t play for the Bengals
sign with the Bengals if they Draft you & stay long term if Money is right even if team is bad
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would YOU do if YOU were Joe Burrow ? - Poll
I just can't believe you guys don't quite believe Mikey is gonna spend whatever it takes to build the greatest football team in the entire history of sports and human competition.  Shocked  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Who was ahead of him in Ohio that he couldn't beat out for the starting gig?  Maybe we should get that guy since he played in Ohio and won the QB battle.
The problem wasn't he couldn't beat out JT Barrett. Most people close to the team thought he did. The problem was Urban Meyer was a JT Barrett fan and nobody was going to start but him...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 11:58 PM)JSR18 Wrote: The problem wasn't he couldn't beat out JT Barrett. Most people close to the team thought he did. The problem was Urban Meyer was a JT Barrett fan and nobody was going to start but him...

Not to mention is a moot point question, we get to get the better QB. Do that.
Reply/Quote
Option #3 but I would say that about anyone.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'd 100% pull an Eli. There's no way I would be willing to be the next David Carr/Andrew Luck.

I wouldn't have enough hubris to think that I could single-handedly be the turnaround for Mike Brown's 30 years of incompetence. Keep in mind the last 3 offensive play callers Mike Brown has hired are...
Zac Taylor
Bill Lazor
Ken Zampese

The last 5 offensive linemen the Bengals have spent high draft picks/decent FA money on are...
Trey Hopkins
Bobby Hart
Billy Price
Jake Fisher
Cedric Ogbuehi

That's not a recipe for success, and it worked out pretty damn well for Eli if you think about it. He ended up winning 2 SB, and Phillip Rivers (an objectively better QB than Eli) never even managed to reach one.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
.[Image: e298321a1bd4996dc580543d1e392a02.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
What if the Bengals dump Andy, keep AJ and take Burrow and ................

AJ and Burrow lit the scoreboard with monster numbers and win the super bowl. Now THAT would not be very nice to Andy.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 01:09 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'd 100% pull an Eli. There's no way I would be willing to be the next David Carr/Andrew Luck.

I wouldn't have enough hubris to think that I could single-handedly be the turnaround for Mike Brown's 30 years of incompetence. Keep in mind the last 3 offensive play callers Mike Brown has hired are...
Zac Taylor
Bill Lazor
Ken Zampese

The last 5 offensive linemen the Bengals have spent high draft picks/decent FA money on are...
Trey Hopkins
Bobby Hart
Billy Price
Jake Fisher
Cedric Ogbuehi

That's not a recipe for success, and it worked out pretty damn well for Eli if you think about it. He ended up winning 2 SB, and Phillip Rivers (an objectively better QB than Eli) never even managed to reach one.

Lazor just got hired as the Bears OC. Zampese was just hired by Washington as QB coach. Taylor was probably not ready to be both a play caller and HC, but he was one of the hottest names around the league when we hired him.

Ogbuehi was picked up by JAX and played halfway decent for them this season. Every team misses on draft picks like Price, but at least we benched him. I don’t see how Hopkins is a negative he’s a solid player for us. Fisher sucked but he’s gone. Bobby Hart is probably your best point on how a badly run franchise operates, but I’m not refusing to play QB for a team because they slightly overpaid Bobby Hart..

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 01:09 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'd 100% pull an Eli. There's no way I would be willing to be the next David Carr/Andrew Luck.

Zac Taylor
Bill Lazor
Ken Zampese

Trey Hopkins
Bobby Hart
Billy Price
Jake Fisher
Cedric Ogbuehi

Just curious, but how many other teams in the NFL would you refuse to play for?

This questions applies to all 5 people who said they would refuse to play for the Bengals.

By the time the list gets to 7 or 8 you are going to look like a chickenshit, and the Bengals have been far from the worst team in the league over the last decade.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 10:20 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Just curious, but how many other teams in the NFL would you refuse to play for?

This questions applies to all 5 people who said they would refuse to play for the Bengals.

By the time the list gets to 7 or 8 you are going to look like a chickenshit, and the Bengals have been far from the worst team in the league over the last decade.

Bengals
Browns
Redskins (so long as Daniel Snyder owns them)

Steelers (obviously)

- - - - - -

That's all I can really think of, and one of the four is because I am a Bengals fan and I recognize that everyone who goes there become cheating dirtbags, not because they are a poorly run organization.

Obviously, this is all on the basis I am Joe Burrow, a Heisman winning QB and destined 1st overall pick. If we are talking about me personally, I would play for anyone in the league for that $495,000/yr league minimum. Lol

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Who was ahead of him in Ohio that he couldn't beat out for the starting gig?  Maybe we should get that guy since he played in Ohio and won the QB battle.

Well, there was Dwayne Haskins, and before him Cardale Jones and JT Barrett.
Also, Burrow wasn't as good of a QB back then as he is now. He's developed a ton the past two years.
Last, Ohio St's offense is different than what LSU ran this year. I actually prefer LSU's offensive style over Ohio St.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 11:08 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bengals
Browns
Redskins (so long as Daniel Snyder owns them)

Steelers (obviously)

- - - - - -

That's all I can really think of, and one of the four is because I am a Bengals fan and I recognize that everyone who goes there become cheating dirtbags, not because they are a poorly run organization.

Obviously, this is all on the basis I am Joe Burrow, a Heisman winning QB and destined 1st overall pick. If we are talking about me personally, I would play for anyone in the league for that $495,000/yr league minimum. Lol

Where’s Detroit in your list? They “wasted” a generational WR and damn good QB up there.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 11:58 PM)JSR18 Wrote: The problem wasn't he couldn't beat out JT Barrett. Most people close to the team thought he did. The problem was Urban Meyer was a JT Barrett fan and nobody was going to start but him...

Plus Urban Meyer told Burrow that he "threw like a girl" as a reference to what Meyer thought of his arm strength at the time.

If I am a College QB and my Coach says I throw like a girl & then my Coach starts another QB ahead of me then I would likely be looking for another College to play for before my College days go by.

Burrow obviously made the right move to leave. IMO
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 11:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Where’s Detroit in your list? They “wasted” a generational WR and damn good QB up there.

Their owner is 94.

I guess I also never saw Matthew Stafford as a damn good QB. That year that Calvin Johnson nearly hit 2k receiving yards? Stafford finished with 59.8% completion, 6.8 YPA, 20 TD/17 INT, and a 79.8 QB Rating.

For having a generational WR, he was a letdown as a QB. Four of his first five seasons he finished with a completion % under 60 despite having a guy who could beat triple coverage.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 11:12 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Well, there was Dwayne Haskins, and before him Cardale Jones and JT Barrett.
Also, Burrow wasn't as good of a QB back then as he is now. He's developed a ton the past two years.
Last, Ohio St's offense is different than what LSU ran this year. I actually prefer LSU's offensive style over Ohio St.

I should hope he's good enough now to beat out Ryan Finley and Jake Dolegala.

(01-16-2020, 10:20 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Just curious, but how many other teams in the NFL would you refuse to play for?

I'm not a football player much less a sought-after one, but I can compare this to my own life.  I wouldn't refuse to play for anyone, but there have been times in my life where I've taken jobs or dated women I was aware had very low "long term success" rates and I went into each situation with an open mind but also a very enlightened view of what I was doing and in each case I left after my rookie contract was up, so to speak.

Signing a long-term deal with the Bengals/Redskins/Lions is like knocking up and/or marrying a rebound chick.
Reply/Quote
I’m a lifelong Bengal fan... but if I had a chance at playing for any team in the NFL, the Bengals are one of the last teams I’d want to play for (second behind the Browns to be honest).

I’m sorry, but the reality is that management is a complete joke. We fans know this better than anyone.
Reply/Quote
These the sky is falling "Chicken Little" threads are getting out of hand. 2-14 has really doom and gloomed some of our fan base.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 01:25 PM)John Shaft Wrote: These the sky is falling "Chicken Little" threads are getting out of hand. 2-14 has really doom and gloomed some of our fan base.

Ehh, we had 3 losing seasons and then changed things up and became the worst team in the league.  We haven't beaten the Steelers in over 1,500 days, and so on.  I'd say 4 straight years of losing capped off by being dead last in the league should deflate people a bit.  Calling people chicken little implies that they are knee-jerk freaking out over nothing and I don't think you can lose 4 years in a row in the NFL without a decent reason.

Just my take.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 01:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ehh, we had 3 losing seasons and then changed things up and became the worst team in the league.  We haven't beaten the Steelers in over 1,500 days, and so on.  I'd say 4 straight years of losing capped off by being dead last in the league should deflate people a bit.  Calling people chicken little implies that they are knee-jerk freaking out over nothing and I don't think you can lose 4 years in a row in the NFL without a decent reason.

Just my take.

I completely agree with this.

People can call me whatever they want, but I had very little interest in the Bengals until 2003 when they got back to relevancy.
I dealt with the occasional bad season over the past 15 years because it wasn't a trend.
Now that it's been 4 straight years of losing seasons capped off by being last place in the whole league, I've lost interest in watching games again.

This team needs to win again to bring the excitement back.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 01:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I completely agree with this.

People can call me whatever they want, but I had very little interest in the Bengals until 2003 when they got back to relevancy.
I toughed out the occasional bad season over the past 15 years because it wasn't a trend.
Now that it's been 4 straight years of losing seasons capped off by being last place in the whole league, I've lost interest in watching games again.

This team needs to win again to bring the excitement back.

I was thinking and hoping we'd win 7 to 9 games in 2019 so I wasn't predicting anything as bad as we got, in fact I thought 2019 could be a step in the right direction.  BUt I'm sure if people said we'd be in last place in 2019 before the season those people were just being chicken littles, even though they were right and chicken little wasn't...or something.

I just find fandom amazing.  We are dead last in the league and we're a sleeping giant but we're all about laughing at Browns and Steelers fans who are too stupid to realize that their teams are headed for the league basement.
Reply/Quote