Poll: What would YOU do if YOU were Joe Burrow ?
sign with the Bengals if they Draft you & plan on a full career as a Bengal
let it be known that you will never play for the Bengals before the Draft
play out Bengal rookie contract & franchise tags but not sign longer term if Bengals stay bad
demand the right to Draft O-line help yourself at will or you won’t play for the Bengals
sign with the Bengals if they Draft you & stay long term if Money is right even if team is bad
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would YOU do if YOU were Joe Burrow ? - Poll
(01-16-2020, 01:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was thinking and hoping we'd win 7 to 9 games in 2019 so I wasn't predicting anything as bad as we got, in fact I thought 2019 could be a step in the right direction.  BUt I'm sure if people said we'd be in last place in 2019 before the season those people were just being chicken littles, even though they were right and chicken little wasn't...or something.

I just find fandom amazing.  We are dead last in the league and we're a sleeping giant but we're all about laughing at Browns and Steelers fans who are too stupid to realize that their teams are headed for the league basement.

Definitely not a sleeping giant.
The Bengals need way more than a new QB.
I think it's possible to get enough in this offseason in order to compete for the playoffs again, but it's not going to be easy. It's also going to require the organization to change its approach to FA. If that doesn't happen, this team could be at least two more years away from competing again.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 01:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Definitely not a sleeping giant.
I think it's possible to get enough in this offseason in order to compete for the playoffs again, but it's not going to be easy. It's also going to require the organization to change its approach to FA. If that doesn't happen, this team could be at least two more years away from competing again.

Like I said before, I'm gonna call him THE WHEEL BURROW because the guy may very well have to haul a bunch of dead weight on his own.  I'm a regular Chris Berman, ain't I?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 01:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Definitely not a sleeping giant.

I agree

I doubt we're a sleeping giant for this upcoming season however I believe we could see a big turnaround.... if..... like you say the right moves are made.

Taking Burrow 1OA, couple true top drawer free agents, LBer, RG or something like that ? Draft RT in 2nd or 3rd round. Trade a couple players for extra picks. Then have another productive offseason making good moves. 2021 could be great 

MB sits on his hands like usual......2023, never ?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 01:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was thinking and hoping we'd win 7 to 9 games in 2019 so I wasn't predicting anything as bad as we got, in fact I thought 2019 could be a step in the right direction.  BUt I'm sure if people said we'd be in last place in 2019 before the season those people were just being chicken littles, even though they were right and chicken little wasn't...or something.

I just find fandom amazing.  We are dead last in the league and we're a sleeping giant but we're all about laughing at Browns and Steelers fans who are too stupid to realize that their teams are headed for the league basement.

I could see the Bengals maybe being a sleeping 8 and 8 in 2020 if Burrow can deliver decently as a rookie.

Browns fans are probably in for some more troubles in 2020, though I doubt they hit the very bottom of the basement.

The Ravens should be formidable again in 2020 if Lamar stays healthy.

The Steelers Defense & Coaching had them 8 and 8 this year without Big Ben, so they could be trending Up in 2020 with Big Ben.

The Bengals and Browns may be fighting for 3rd place in the Division in 2020 while Burrow gains his footing in the NFL.

signed: Chicken Little... Tongue
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 01:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I agree

I doubt we're a sleeping giant for this upcoming season however I believe we could see a big turnaround.... if..... like you say the right moves are made.

Taking Burrow 1OA, couple true top drawer free agents, LBer, RG or something like that ? Draft RT in 2nd or 3rd round. Trade a couple players for extra picks. Then have another productive offseason making good moves. 2021 could be great 

MB sits on his hands like usual......2023, never ?

Yes, moves have to be made. Honestly we might see them this year with Burrow coming in. I don't think MB wants to welcome a
#1 overall pick into this place without a decent supporting cast. We will need to add a versatile RT or versatile Guard in FA and add
weapons. Pretty sure we will do the prior as MB usually adds good weapons. The O-line is a big time priority and everyone knows it.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 01:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Their owner is 94.

I guess I also never saw Matthew Stafford as a damn good QB. That year that Calvin Johnson nearly hit 2k receiving yards? Stafford finished with 59.8% completion, 6.8 YPA, 20 TD/17 INT, and a 79.8 QB Rating.

For having a generational WR, he was a letdown as a QB. Four of his first five seasons he finished with a completion % under 60 despite having a guy who could beat triple coverage.

And our owner is 84...

Stafford is top 20 all time in passing yards and TD passes. Playing entirely on bad teams in Detroit. He’s a good QB in my book.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 12:28 PM)depthchart Wrote: Plus Urban Meyer told Burrow that he "threw like a girl" as a reference to what Meyer thought of his arm strength at the time.

If I am a College QB and my Coach says I throw like a girl & then my Coach starts another QB ahead of me then I would likely be looking for another College to play for before my College days go by.

Burrow obviously made the right move to leave.  IMO

WhoDey2 I'm a huge Ohio State fan and I have to agree 100%... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
I put option 3, play out the rookie year and any franchise tags etc. I really don't agree with holdouts... these guys are getting paid millions and so should sign with the team that drafts them (unless there's good proof the team doesn't look after players health or something as important as that). If the Bengals suck in 4-5 years time, then the guy has given it a shot and is more than reasonable for him to test the market to further his own career/ambitions.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 01:05 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

I was born and raised in the Suburb of Eastgate just outside of Cincinnati so playing in my Home City would be real cool but not if my line is Swiss Cheese.

Knowing what I know about the Bengals, I would demand the ability to Draft Offensive Lineman (at will), any round or time of my choosing and have it in my contract or I would choose the option of saying I won't play for the Bengals before the Draft.

I would put the squeeze for change on the Front Office or go elsewhere. I would be doing it for all Cincinnatians, not just me.

I would find Top notch offensive line advisors of my own and also listen to Front Office suggestions but demand the right to jump in on any Draft pick as the clock is ticking and make an O-line selection myself. I would be in the Bengals Draft room on Draft day ready to pounce. Any Draft at any time from now on, I can jump in with an O-line pick when or if I decide to.

I would also want the entire team to be solid, so I would not go overboard on O-line selections but would stack my O-line using Top notch advisors.

If the Bengals don't like it then they can Draft someone else and I would make that CLEAR before my Draft day.

Controversial and ground breaking but I am cigar smoking Joe Burrow so screw Mike Brown... Tongue

Then you wouldn't play in the NFL. There's not one single team that would agree to that. 

Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Ben, no one gets to do that so no damn rookie is going to come into the NFL and demand and get that. 

Pipe dream.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengal fans have a much lower opinion of the Bengals than the rest of the country.

ESPN has a "fan misery index" and while I know this will shock some of you, they actually took things into account other than "last playoff win".  Based on their calculations the Bengals were only the TWELVETH most miserable franchise.  

Since we don't see players taken first in the draft by other horrible teams refusing to play I doubt we will see it happen to the Bengals this year.

Sweet. How does that index work with all the videos of guys on ESPN, NFLN and online sites that talk about how poorly the organization is run and how he should do what he can to play elsewhere? I was always under the impression that you were more apt to believe someone that played the game or even someone who was paid to know these things, over a simple fan?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Im sure every rookie hopes to stay with the team that drafts them. Free agency can be unsettling and stressful, if you can get a valued contract from the team that drafted you i think that is what every player looks for.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
What Burrow needs to do is go to Tahiti, dump his internet connection, get into a gym and hire a QB coach with NFL experience and avoid the media circuit and avoid watching any football news until the draft comes and watches via satellite from Tahiti.

Then he can worry about all the unnecessary distractions during the season.

The NFL is SUPER FAST and he's gonna have to do what ever magic he does at half the time he does it now.
Reply/Quote