Poll: What would YOU do if YOU were Joe Burrow ?
sign with the Bengals if they Draft you & plan on a full career as a Bengal
let it be known that you will never play for the Bengals before the Draft
play out Bengal rookie contract & franchise tags but not sign longer term if Bengals stay bad
demand the right to Draft O-line help yourself at will or you won’t play for the Bengals
sign with the Bengals if they Draft you & stay long term if Money is right even if team is bad
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would YOU do if YOU were Joe Burrow ? - Poll

What would YOU do if YOU were Joe Burrow ? - Poll

Say what YOU would do if YOU were Joe Burrow as it relates to the Bengals.

The POLL should be up in a few moments...

Reply/Quote
You really love polls don’t you lol

To answer your question though, I’d sign my gigantic contract to play in my home state and do my best to bring the Bengals back to relevance and eventually a first Super Bowl win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Good Post
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 12:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You really love polls don’t you lol

To answer your question though, I’d sign my gigantic contract to play in my home state and do my best to bring the Bengals back to relevance and eventually a first Super Bowl win.

Instead of being a "soul man", I guess I'm a "poll man".  Tongue

The Poll is up now so you can select your option. Rock On
Reply/Quote

That's me, and if the FO stood pat after my deal is up, I'm out.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

I was born and raised in the Suburb of Eastgate just outside of Cincinnati so playing in my Home City would be real cool but not if my line is Swiss Cheese.

Knowing what I know about the Bengals, I would demand the ability to Draft Offensive Lineman (at will), any round or time of my choosing and have it in my contract or I would choose the option of saying I won't play for the Bengals before the Draft.

I would put the squeeze for change on the Front Office or go elsewhere. I would be doing it for all Cincinnatians, not just me.

I would find Top notch offensive line advisors of my own and also listen to Front Office suggestions but demand the right to jump in on any Draft pick as the clock is ticking and make an O-line selection myself. I would be in the Bengals Draft room on Draft day ready to pounce. Any Draft at any time from now on, I can jump in with an O-line pick when or if I decide to.

I would also want the entire team to be solid, so I would not go overboard on O-line selections but would stack my O-line using Top notch advisors.

If the Bengals don't like it then they can Draft someone else and I would make that CLEAR before my Draft day.

Controversial and ground breaking but I am cigar smoking Joe Burrow so screw Mike Brown... Tongue

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 12:54 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's me, and if the FO stood pat after my deal is up, I'm out.

You may want to do my Post number 6 instead.  Tongue   (see Post #6)
Reply/Quote
I picked

Play out Bengal rookie contract & franchise tags but not sign longer term if Bengals stay bad*

1) Ohio is home. I wouldn't want to go far from there on a permanent (professionally) level.
2) 4 years is plenty of time to give me the offensive weapons I need. If not, I'll go elsewhere since they're not taking me seriously.
3) I'm a competitor, obviously. Didn't take anything less than a starting job.

(Speaking if I was Joe Burrow)
Reply/Quote
Id play out my rookie deal and if the brown family isn't trying their best to win Id sign somewhere that is at least trying.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 01:07 PM)depthchart Wrote: You may want to do my Post number 6 instead.  Tongue   (see Post #6)

I dig it. Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Well...since I left Ohio several times and got dragged back a few times I just don't feel loyalty to the state I grew up in. As an Ohioan I've had enough bad shit happen to me I have no reason to say, "Gee..I'd screw myself for life for Ohio." That horse left the barn back in the 70s.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:12 PM)grampahol Wrote: Well...since I left Ohio several times and got dragged back a few times I just don't feel loyalty to the state I grew up in. As an Ohioan I've had enough bad shit happen to me I have no reason to say, "Gee..I'd screw myself for life for Ohio." That horse left the barn back in the 70s.. 

but would you do it for the entire Tri-State area (Ohio, KY and Indiana) ?  Tongue
Reply/Quote
Look, we know that the offensive line isn't great, but this narrative that it is somehow bad of proportions never seen in the NFL and will ruin Burrow is a bit ridiculous. There were two PLAYOFF teams that allowed more sacks than the Bengals this season. One was the Seahawks with a QB who can escape pressure regularly. Mixon was 2nd in the NFL in rushing yards after the bye week and a scheme change. The line gets first round pick Jonah Williams next year who Saban called his most talented player his senior year. Add Williams and a better RT with a QB who has pocket awareness and some escapability, and things are NOT dire straits here.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 01:05 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

I was born and raised in the Suburb of Eastgate just outside of Cincinnati so playing in my Home City would be real cool but not if my line is Swiss Cheese.

Knowing what I know about the Bengals, I would demand the ability to Draft Offensive Lineman (at will), any round or time of my choosing and have it in my contract or I would choose the option of saying I won't play for the Bengals before the Draft.

I would put the squeeze for change on the Front Office or go elsewhere. I would be doing it for all Cincinnatians, not just me.

I would find Top notch offensive line advisors of my own and also listen to Front Office suggestions but demand the right to jump in on any Draft pick as the clock is ticking and make an O-line selection myself. I would be in the Bengals Draft room on Draft day ready to pounce. Any Draft at any time from now on, I can jump in with an O-line pick when or if I decide to.

I would also want the entire team to be solid, so I would not go overboard on O-line selections but would stack my O-line using Top notch advisors.

If the Bengals don't like it then they can Draft someone else and I would make that CLEAR before my Draft day.

Controversial and ground breaking but I am cigar smoking Joe Burrow so screw Mike Brown... Tongue

No team would agree to this.  Not one.

The premise is somewhat silly and insinuates they don't draft OL, although 3 of their last 5 1st round picks are OL.

Then, quite obviously, if you aren't performing up to expectations and the team wanted to draft a QB to groom behind you, there's nothing to stop you from saying "We're drafting Joe Whoknowz, G, Idaho Poly Tech" to block it.

Since you would have to have this in writing, you are also basically untradable, as well, since no other FO would agree to that nonsense.

You are also setting yourself up to be in an adversarial relationship with the men charged with protecting you. If a guy gets the feeling you're going to try and draft his replacement, he may just decide you need a career ending injury.  Not to mention all the coaches and FO people this would piss off.

The other huge issue is OL take time to develop.  You are very lucky if you get a rookie that can step in and even be decent.  Case in point,. Bobby Hart had a 57 PFF grade last year.  The 4 T's taken after Jonah Williams had an average PFF grade of 58, with the highest grade being 63.  Fred Johnson actually graded out better than 3 of them. You have to roster guys  and develop them over seasons. Drafting to try and immediately plug holes on your OL is generally not that effective anymore.  The last thing you need is a QB panic drafting guys over top of other guys and squeezing players who could develop into quality starters off the roster.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 12:36 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

What would YOU do if YOU were Joe Burrow ? - Poll

Say what YOU would do if YOU were Joe Burrow as it relates to the Bengals.

The POLL should be up in a few moments...

Get paid and stay in my home state. .MB might not pay outsiders very well but his own players yeah...  Ohio life.
Reply/Quote
Good grief, it's really coming off as some of you are rooting for Burrow to pull an Eli Manning. Burrow has not uttered a word about not wanting to play in Cincy. Give it a rest...
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Good grief, it's really coming off as some of you are rooting for Burrow to pull an Eli Manning. Burrow has not uttered a word about not wanting to play in Cincy. Give it a rest...

Meh, I think more people are assuming a guy who willingly left Ohio to play football somewhere else is just dying to go to a dysfunctional organization in Ohio.  Let's be honest, if JB said "I want to play for the Browns since they're in Ohio" we'd think he was nuts.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I think more people are assuming a guy who willingly left Ohio to play football somewhere else is just dying to go to a dysfunctional organization in Ohio.  Let's be honest, if JB said "I want to play for the Browns since they're in Ohio" we'd think he was nuts.

He left Ohio because he wanted to play, not be a backup. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He left Ohio because he wanted to play, not be a backup. 

Who was ahead of him in Ohio that he couldn't beat out for the starting gig?  Maybe we should get that guy since he played in Ohio and won the QB battle.
Reply/Quote
Bengal fans have a much lower opinion of the Bengals than the rest of the country.

ESPN has a "fan misery index" and while I know this will shock some of you, they actually took things into account other than "last playoff win". Based on their calculations the Bengals were only the TWELVETH most miserable franchise.

Since we don't see players taken first in the draft by other horrible teams refusing to play I doubt we will see it happen to the Bengals this year.
Reply/Quote