Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would a trade truly signify?
It would signify that we gave this FO way too much credit labeling them the "worst FO in all of sports". It would then change to "the worst FO in all of sports until the end of time". Period.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I like watching Herbert practice and I like his personality, it's the game film that makes me dislike him
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 01:58 AM)J24 Wrote: 1.) We're not a bad drafting team. Yeah we have had misses( particularly on the offensive line) but for the most part were a good drafting team.
2.) The only way a trade makes sense is if it is a huge ass trade I'm talking Hershel Walker Esq type shit but better for us. So we would be looking at between 6-10 valued draft picks /young player capital.  Its highly unlikely and would be unpresented in the history of the NFL  but it wouldn't be a dumbass thing to do.
3.) We don't use free agency and probably never will. So having more draft picks would help out a ton.  What's more insane hoping one guy can turn it around and at the same time hope that he can  convince the front office to use free agency?Or the Bengals hit on multiple picks?

The only thing that will fill up the stadium is a consistent winner.

1 - We have made some bad picks in the first round lately, Og, Price, Ross (even though I defend the guy). Burrow is much more of
a sure thing than any other picks we could get in the first and who would be our QB? Take the QB, build the team around him.

2 - True, which is extremely unlikely and unprecedented, won't happen. So as Schefter says, stop it.

3 - This makes sense, but we aren't getting a QB in FA and we need a QB, draft Joe Burrow and forget the trade nonsense.

Agree with your last sentence, which is why we need to draft Burrow, so we can start winning games.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 09:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, are these guys that are wanting these picks really trusting Mike Brown and company over Joe Burrow after the season he just had? This is what I am hearing from these lunatics. Sorry, if they trade out of this pick after what I have and others have seen of Joe Burrow last season I will about had enough. Psycho to think more picks and another QB that is either injured or doesn't play good in big games or when plays break down is better than the guy that plays his best against the best competition, has great pocket awareness, is the second most accurate passer in college of all time, doesn't panic and doesn't throw interceptions.

Where is Psych around here to evaluate some of these strange crazy birds around here?
There are too many to evaluate... Nervous
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 01:58 AM)J24 Wrote: The only thing that will fill up the stadium is a consistent winner.

That's Mike Brown's philosophy. After that 2013 playoff loss, fans didn't care about consistent winning. We weren't selling out games in 2014 and 2015. Burrow will bring more fans back, but we need the FO to actually function like a normal franchise to start winning fans back.

(01-24-2020, 09:40 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep, if they don't take Burrow #1 we'll see the biggest exodus of Bengal fans ever.

I've seen some diehards say that trading away the pick would sever their fandom to the team. I don't know if it'd stop mine, but I would certainly care less about the team.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 07:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Burrow would bring back fans on his own, trading the pick won't, don't care what they do after.

I know I wouldn't be excited for the future. As I said in another thread, we need a QB that plays his best in big games against 
the best competition and has great pocket awareness, can run and doesn't panic. That is Joe Burrow. Herbert is the opposite.

I agree.

I honestly think a trade would signify the end of me actively rooting for this team, I'll always be a fan of this team but if they screwed this up Id be out until some major changes happened in the front office.

So in essence if a trade happened the only team I would give a damn about would be my fantasy team for the foreseeable future.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 05:48 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I agree.

I honestly think a trade would signify the end of me actively rooting for this team, I'll always be a fan of this team but if they screwed this up Id be out until some major changes happened in the front office.

So in essence if a trade happened the only team I would give a damn about would be my fantasy team for the foreseeable future.  Hilarious

Feel the same Bob, trading out of this pick would be dumber than the drafting of Kijana Carter. Sure, hindsight is 20/20
but Burrow and Carter are exact opposite type of players as well. Burrow is a hard worker that wants to do everything he
can to prove his doubters wrong and just had the best season in college history for a QB without question.

Bring in Burrow and build the team around him and the future is bright.

Trade the pick away and draft more Ogbuehi's and the future is dark.
Reply/Quote
Maybe Mike Brown will something truly different this season and decide to go backpacking in Wuhan China and take up eating bat delicacies .. ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote