Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would be your reaction?
(10-06-2017, 01:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: "as a woman you always have to be on the defense".

IMO, she has made the request for a phone number about sex.

I knew full well what Ms Larson was reacting to; I was unsure as to what the OP wanted us to react to. The initial smile, the request for phone number, or Ms Laarson's tweet.

Sorry for the confusion.

He hit on her, but I can't tell that he propositioned her for sex. So I thought she meant she needed to be on the defense for getting hit on. I don't really see where either one of them made it about sex. I think that is an assumption on the part of others reading the quote.
(10-06-2017, 01:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: That's where I fell with it.  Doesn't hurt to be defensive since the guy seems to be really forward/aggressive (based on what she wrote being true).  But it's too far to say they have to ALWAYS be on the defensive.

I don't think he was being aggressive by asking for her phone number. Unprofessional, yes.

I think the whole thing is a mountain out of a molehill.
(10-06-2017, 02:13 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I don't think he was being aggressive by asking for her phone number. Unprofessional, yes.

I think the whole thing is a mountain out of a molehill.

Even if she literally only smiled at him?

That seems aggressive/forward in my book.

I mean at least say hi and have a brief conversation first!   Smirk

The local radio station used to read the craigslist section where people say they made eye contact with a woman and they didn't talk to them but they wanted to meet them anyway.  Hilarious stuff.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-06-2017, 01:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How would you have reacted in the similar scenario. What if a TSA agent asked for your number. And if you were the TSA agent would you have taken your shot or stayed quiet?

I guess the bigger question might be can we as men take our shots anymore without offending a woman?

You're "married." You shouldn't be taking "shots." As a "libertarian" in name only, this doesn't affect you thus you shouldn't care.

I would be hesitant to make wild generalizations about what men can and can't do based upon a single interaction involving one actress on one day. But, some people want to fish for a knee jerk reaction, though.

Want to be startin' something. Got to be startin' something.
(10-06-2017, 02:11 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: He hit on her, but I can't tell that he propositioned her for sex. So I thought she meant she needed to be on the defense for getting hit on. I don't really see where either one of them made it about sex. I think that is an assumption on the part of others reading the quote.

Oh, my bad again. When you asked who thought it was sexist I thought you were referring to sexist in the traditional sense; not the actual act of copulation.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
In the end it's this woman's choice to be as offended or defensive as she wants to be, isn't it?
(10-06-2017, 01:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: She did in subsequent messages.

Sorry, I only have enough time to stalk one person at a time. Apparently, you don't have my time constraints. Do you have copies of said subsequent messages?
As an employer, I would write up an employee of either sex if they asked a customer/client for their number.

I can see where someone would take more issue with being asked by someone with a measure of authority. You shouldn't feel obligated to give someone your number so you don't get hassled at a checkpoint.
(10-06-2017, 02:24 PM)Benton Wrote: As an employer, I would write up an employee of either sex if they asked a customer/client for their number.

Male Rooster blocker

(10-06-2017, 02:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Male Rooster blocker

Mostly female clam blocker, I haven't had any male employees in a while.

Hook ups between reporters or sales staff and the people they come into contact with isn't uncommon, but it is very unprofessional. You can't fairly report on someone you have a relationship with, and you can't have a relationship with a business owner/manager and then go sell his competitor an ad.
Such an overreaction. Living life on the defense because a guy asked for your number? Calm down.

As far as it being inappropriate to ask for her number while at work, I don't agree. What about it is so inappropriate? Was him asking a question affecting his ability to perform his job? If not, I don't see why it's an issue.

17.9% of Americans meet their spouse through work (Google Consumer Surveys). I imagine that most of those are co-workers, but still....you don't just shut down when you go to work. If healthy, you keep functioning as a normal human being. As long as nothing inappropriate is happening, then he did nothing wrong.

Now, if there is policy forbidding what he did.....disregard my statement.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

On one hand women are too concerned about men thinking they are coming on to them. On the other hand, 2 of our most recent presidents were probably serial rapists who got away with it because "Come oonnnnnnn, the women wanted it."

Sticky wicket, this.
(10-06-2017, 02:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, my bad again. When you asked who thought it was sexist I thought you were referring to sexist in the traditional sense; not the actual act of copulation.

Oh, okay. Yeah, I misunderstood your original comment. I still don't interpret her comment as sexist unless you also consider every comment by every parent of every daughter that boys only want one thing as sexist, also.
(10-06-2017, 02:34 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Such an overreaction. Living life on the defense because a guy asked for your number? Calm down.

As far as it being inappropriate to ask for her number while at work, I don't agree. What about it is so inappropriate? Was him asking a question affecting his ability to perform his job? If not, I don't see why it's an issue.

17.9% of Americans meet their spouse through work (Google Consumer Surveys). I imagine that most of those are co-workers, but still....you don't just shut down when you go to work. If healthy, you keep functioning as a normal human being. As long as nothing inappropriate is happening, then he did nothing wrong.

Would it be okay if I asked for your phone number before or after I checked your prostate while I was at work?
(10-06-2017, 02:41 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Would it be okay if I asked for your phone number before or after I checked your prostate while I was at work?

I didn't know that was your kind of thing, Breech.  Just to let you know, I am married (July 7), and I would have to turn you down.  I also do not like men.  

I would probably lean toward that violating doctor/patient ethical codes, but maybe not.  I would also say that this is kind of inappropriate....due to the circumstance and situation.  Because sometimes those kind of variables matter.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(10-06-2017, 02:41 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Would it be okay if I asked for your phone number before or after I checked your prostate while I was at work?

Depends......What are you checking it with?

(10-06-2017, 02:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks have to take shots. How else do they get together? Hell, I might even try to kiss a girl without asking her if it is OK first.

Gotta have to take a shot. May never get it again.

She could have given him a bogus number and made sure he was the king of his workplace. But she choose to make it weird.
(10-06-2017, 02:34 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Such an overreaction. Living life on the defense because a guy asked for your number? Calm down.

17.9% of Americans meet their spouse through work (Google Consumer Surveys).  I imagine that most of those are co-workers, but still....you don't just shut down when you go to work. If healthy, you keep functioning as a normal human being. As long as nothing inappropriate is happening, then he did nothing wrong.

Agreed.

I don't think asking for a phone number on the job is inappropriate. Continuing to the point of harassment is inappropriate hiwever. But I'm not sure this was the case.
(10-06-2017, 02:50 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I didn't know that was your kind of thing, Breech.  Just to let you know, I am married (July 7), and I would have to turn you down.  I also do not like men.  

I would probably lean toward that violating doctor/patient ethical codes, but maybe not.  I would also say that this is kind of inappropriate....due to the circumstance and situation.  Because sometimes those kind of variables matter.

Well, let's say you came in for strep throat? Is it okay for me to ask for your phone number during the course of your visit?
(10-06-2017, 03:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: She could have given him a bogus number and made sure he was the king of his workplace.   But she choose to make it weird.

Player Tip #37:

When a woman gives you her number read it back to her with one number off. if she doesn't correct you she really doesn't want you to call.