Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you do?
So, for the sake of this questions, let's assume that all three centers of off the board by pick 40 and there is no trading up or down.

What would you rather have:

McGlinchey and any center besides Ragnow, Price and Daniels

OR

Ragnow/Price/Daniels and any other tackle besides McGlinchey, Williams or Miller

Let's not go down the road of "no way the 3 centers are off the board at 46" for the sake of this discussion. I'm truly curious to see how people think on this one.
Reply/Quote
Prefer to grab the best center in a strong center class than the best tackle in a weak tackle class.  Jamarco Jones + Ragnow > McGlinchey + Quissenberry imo.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 11:11 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: So, for the sake of this questions, let's assume that all three centers of off the board by pick 40 and there is no trading up or down.  

OR

Ragnow/Price/Daniels and any other tackle besides McGlinchey, Williams or Miller

Let's not go down the road of "no way the 3 centers are off the board at 46" for the sake of this discussion.  I'm truly curious to see how people think on this one.
I'd take center in Rd 1 and OT in Rd 2 in this scenario. I believe there are a couple of OT that are just a tick under the caliber of McGlinchey. I strongly believe if we get a very good C then we are set at the position for many years to come. QBs don't like that pressure coming right into their faces either.
Reply/Quote
Option two. Not only are there three good centers this year..we are fortunate of that... but we get to pick the one we like most.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 11:23 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Prefer to grab the best center in a strong center class than the best tackle in a weak tackle class.  Jamarco Jones + Ragnow > McGlinchey + Quissenberry imo.

Agreed, give me a stud center to solidify our weakest spot then an ok tackle later. I won’t be too upset if we have Glenn/Fisher as our tackles and one of the top centers as our starters this year. I will be concerned if we don’t get one of the top 3 centers though and have to go with a guy like Quiesenberry or a guy already on our roster to start week one
Reply/Quote
Ragnow/Price/Daniels + Orlando Brown
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
You go center in the 1st, somewhere else besides tackle in the 2nd and back to tackle in the 3rd or maybe even 4th round. I am not sure value will match round in the 2nd unless someone like Kolton Miller falls.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 12:03 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Ragnow/Price/Daniels + Orlando Brown

I'd prefer Brown in Round 3, but I'd be fine taking him in 2.  Scoring points has been our biggest problem. Fix the Oline to fix that problem. Let Mixon and Gio feast. 

I think Will Richardson would be a good RT. We could take him in 4 or 5. There's alot of defensive talent in rounds 2-4 to consider. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 11:11 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: So, for the sake of this questions, let's assume that all three centers of off the board by pick 40 and there is no trading up or down.  

OR

Let's not go down the road of "no way the 3 centers are off the board at 46" for the sake of this discussion.  I'm truly curious to see how people think on this one.

As much as I like McGlinchey's potential versatility to play RT or L/T longer term, I have to factor in Mike Brown's likelihood to play any mid round Center he gets for 4 years even if he is below average.

Under this strict scenario and given that Mike Brown may never try to get another Top Center if he doesn't do it now, I would have to go with getting one of the Top 3 Centers in round one and then try for a pure Right Tackle prospect in round 2 or 3. May be able to get the 2nd best right tackle prospect in round 2.

My decision is also due to us having Cordy Glenn in place at Left Tackle with the knowledge that Mike Brown will pursue a Left tackle high in a future draft at some point again.

Mike Brown may wait 4 plus more years to maybe get a Top Center if he doesn't do it now in 2018, so I reluctantly pass on McGlinchey in this strict scenario. 

(I'd get McGlinchey & make a round 2 trade up for a top Center in my alternate Universe outside this scenario though. Sorry, had to say it.)  Tongue
Reply/Quote
After looking at this for months and looking at all prospects, mock drafts and thinking about this way too much, here is my day before draft plan

Go ahead and take Center in One of Price or Daniels or Ragnow

In round 2 a round 1 pick will fall to us, but no telling what position. It doesn't matter because few positions Bengals can't use help at.

So we start off with a Round One Center and a Round One pick that fell to us in early 2. We get two Round One picks this way without trading up. Besides Center, maybe the other is a top edge rushing LB. Maybe a top Safety. Maybe a Top D Line or Top O Line. Maybe a top TE, WR or RB that we just assumed would be gone in One. The run on quarterbacks in ONE could drop just about anybody down.

So take Center in ONE....and like a snake sit there licking our chops for who will fall to us in 2. Somebody real good is going to fall to us in 2. Just not sure what position he will play, but anybody great, we can use.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

OR

Ragnow/Price/Daniels and a different OT. Especially if the team is going to give Fisher a real shot at RT in his final year under contract. Bring in a guy that can compete at RT with Fisher but also potentially take the RG job if Fisher wins RT. My favorite candidate for that is Tyrell Crosby.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Center in the 1st and then draft a guy like Cappa. Worst case with Cappa, you can move him inside if he doesn't pan out due to athleticism
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Taking Mcglinchey all day if he is there.

With the top 3 centers gone that means at least 5 interior OL have gone by pick 46 assuming Nelson and Hernandez go as well.

If Wynn was still there I would go with him. If not I would hope Corbett was still available. Wynn or Corbett could both be damn fine centers to go along with a 10 year starter at OT.
Reply/Quote

OR

#2 of course, get the Center at 21. There are lots of OT's in this Draft that are just as good as Kolton Miller.
Reply/Quote
Center ,I think Fisher will be able to play right tackle draft will Richardson to groom up.
Reply/Quote
I'll take McGlinchey + Cole

Oline = done
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 02:38 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'll take McGlinchey + Cole

Oline = done

I am a bit scared of Cole's lack of physicality. Hopefully he pumps the weights big time if he comes here.

I take Ragnow + Crosby over McGlinchey + Cole myself.
Reply/Quote
I take the Center in Round 1 because if McGlinchey is off the board then I am waiting until Round 3 to grab a Tackle. Could see guys like Rankin, Okorafor, Brown, Jones, or Crosby available with our early pick in the 3rd. Give me Ragnow, BPA in the 2nd which could be a Safety like Ronnie Harrison or Justin Reid or a Linebacker like Lorenzo Carter or even a Defensive Tackle like Harrison Phillips, BJ Hill, or whoever they like there.

Now with McGlinchey on the board I think they take him and that is fine because I would turn around and grab Austin Corbett in the 2nd and he would be the new Center if the other 3 are gone. I think McGlinchey is long gone though because I have seen him as high as 9 to the 49ers with other possibilities being Oakland at 10, Cardinals at 15, and then I don't think he gets past the Ravens at 16 if he is still there.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 03:09 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I take the Center in Round 1 because if McGlinchey is off the board then I am waiting until Round 3 to grab a Tackle. Could see guys like Rankin, Okorafor, Brown, Jones, or Crosby available with our early pick in the 3rd. Give me Ragnow, BPA in the 2nd which could be a Safety like Ronnie Harrison or Justin Reid or a Linebacker like Lorenzo Carter or even a Defensive Tackle like Harrison Phillips, BJ Hill, or whoever they like there.

Now with McGlinchey on the board I think they take him and that is fine because I would turn around and grab Austin Corbett in the 2nd and he would be the new Center if the other 3 are gone. I think McGlinchey is long gone though because I have seen him as high as 9 to the 49ers with other possibilities being Oakland at 10, Cardinals at 15, and then I don't think he gets past the Ravens at 16 if he is still there.

I don't like that Corbett has only played Center in practices.

I take one of the top 3 guys who actually played Center in games.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 04:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't like that Corbett has only played Center in practices.

I take one of the top 3 guys who actually played Center in games.

It's not unthinkable that you can make the switch (Frederick did it in Dallas). If you are going to do that though you probably should be comfortable with all other check boxes.
Reply/Quote