Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you do?
I hate Marvin as much as the rest of you but what if....

Green Bay Packers hire Marvin Lewis and he takes them to a super bowl first year? My head may explode lol all the giggles were just him laughing at what Mike Brown does to the team and we get stuck with Hue Jackson for 15 years :'(

Lol this is all in fun... seriously im still salty because i wanted use to keep Zimmer and bring him on as HC.
[Image: sig_zpsweeg0dtn.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 08:33 PM)nkydiesel88 Wrote: I hate Marvin as much as the rest of you but what if....

Green Bay Packers hire Marvin Lewis and he takes them to a super bowl first year? My head may explode lol all the giggles were just him laughing at what Mike Brown does to the team and we get stuck with Hue Jackson for 15 years :'(

Lol this is all in fun... seriously im still salty because i wanted use to keep Zimmer and bring him on as HC.

Nobody but nobody is going to hire Marvin for a HC job. His body of work speaks for itself.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 08:47 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Nobody but nobody is going to hire Marvin for a HC job. His body of work speaks for itself.

Correct
Reply/Quote
The Green Bay Packers are one of America's marquis franchises.  Do you seriously think that they would even be remotely interested in Marvin Lewis?

When you're at the top of this list, you're not on the short list for any marquis franchises.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/5-nfl-coaches-next-on-the-chopping-block/ar-BBQrgaw?ocid=spartandhp

Quote:This is a move that’s about five years too late already. The Cincinnati Bengals have been a constant disappointment to their fan base ever since Lewis took over 2003. Since then, he’s put together a record of 130-119-3 during the regular season and has not won a playoff game in seven tries.

The Bengals have really cratered since opening the season with a 4-1 start. Since then, they’re 1-6. And while injuries have been a factor, it’s particularly alarming that Cincinnati’s defense ranks dead last in both total defense and points allowed. Remember, Lewis is a defensive-minded head coach.

Then there’s the matter of Lewis’ constant enabling of players whom other teams wouldn’t even consider bringing in due to off-field issues. He simply has no business coaching this team any longer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I have defended Lewis more than anyone, but it is time for him to go and no other team will hire him as a HC.
Reply/Quote
If Marvin were lucky enough to get another HC job, it would pan out like Paul Alexander in my opinion.

I'm thinking Marv needs to hang it up for good, and Hue needs to go to the college level and coach a team like James Madison or something.
Reply/Quote
I think Marvin would land somewhere as a HC, but Green Bay ain't it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 09:47 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I think Marvin would land somewhere as a HC, but Green Bay ain't it.

I respectfully but strenuously disagree.  The game has passed him by and anyone with a pair of eyes can see it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 09:47 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I think Marvin would land somewhere as a HC, but Green Bay ain't it.

I very, very highly doubt it.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 08:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have defended Lewis more than anyone, but it is time for him to go and no other team will hire him as a HC.

Did Fred really post this ?
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 10:31 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Did Fred really post this ?

Yes, but do not wrongfully get the idea that he's done pimping Marv.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Can you imagine the Packers fans reaction to hiring Marvin ?
Reply/Quote
If I lived in the greater Cincinatti area, And i could afford tickets.. I would be still Going to PBS on gamedays and supporting the players on this roster.. Also i would voice my frustrations in a humble manner with signage and not spend any money on concessions..The Empty stadium reflects the entire city and its people.. Not Just the Frugal owner..
Reply/Quote
Honestly, IF you put Marvin on a team with a quality GM and a QB like Rodgers...he'd have a lot better chance of success than here.

Most teams have huge scouting departments that do the scouting freeing the coaches to...well build an offense and plan for a defense in the offseason. Here, they have to scout.

That's a huge disadvantage.

And, when does the college football season happen? Yeah during the NFL season. So instead of gameplanning, they have to scout.
Reply/Quote
He could land with the Browns. Just saying...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 11:17 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: He could land with the Browns.  Just saying...

Maybe 3-4 years ago...I doubt now. Not after Hue came here.

Marvin would want to make Hue the OC there.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 11:18 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Maybe 3-4 years ago...I doubt now. Not after Hue came here.

Marvin would want to make Hue the OC there.

Hue will be HC for the Bengals.  At least for 2-3 years.  There is enough talent on Browns roster that even Lewis could succeed.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I guess nothing would surprise me if Marvin won it all with the Packers due to their QB and management. However, Marvin can't overcome Mike Brown's deficiencies and Mike Brown can't overcome Marvin's deficiencies, so the chance of success for the Bengals is very slim. It's just a very poor fit anymore.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 11:22 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I guess nothing would surprise me if Marvin won it all with the Packers due to their QB and management.  However, Marvin can't overcome Mike Brown's deficiencies and Mike Brown can't overcome Marvin's deficiencies, so the chance of success for the Bengals is very slim.  It's just a very poor fit anymore.

I think what makes it a poor fit the most is the players seem checked out under him.

You can only go to the playoffs and lose without winning so many times before things derail. That 2015 playoff meltdown was big. He never regained control.

I remember thinking at the time that they either had to fire him...or waive Burfict and not re-sign Jones. They did nothing.
Reply/Quote