Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you do if...?
(10-05-2021, 11:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, he may want to come to the AFC, but he does not want to come to this division. Too many good defenses.

Let's see....

AFC
Dolphins, Texans, Broncos, Steelers

NFC 
WFT, Saints

Those teams come to mind as being landing spots for him for the time being.  I'd have to be doing wishful thinking to think that the Steelers would be the last team he'd want to go to on that list.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think this is the media simply trying to inject more doubt into Big Ben’s current status and the fact that there is no heir apparent. They know the Steelers base is large… so I expect to see articles that suggest multiple QBs heading to them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 10:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Let's see....

AFC
Dolphins, Texans, Broncos, Steelers

NFC 
WFT, Saints

Those teams come to mind as being landing spots for him for the time being.  I'd have to be doing wishful thinking to think that the Steelers would be the last team he'd want to go to on that list.

I'd say he'd go to Denver. Denver's division is tough, but it is nowhere near as hard hitting as ours, and he doesn't want to play the Bengals, Browns and Ravens twice a year, IMO. Plus, face it, Rogers is a hollywood playboy. I'm sure he would rather live in Denver than Pissburgh for the season.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 08:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd say he'd go to Denver. Denver's division is tough, but it is nowhere near as hard hitting as ours, and he doesn't want to play the Bengals, Browns and Ravens twice a year, IMO. Plus, face it, Rogers is a hollywood playboy. I'm sure he would rather live in Denver than Pissburgh for the season.

A Hollywood playboy who spent 16 years in Wisconsin.  The Steelers are a marquee franchise that is going to need an instant QB in 2022.  I just can't buy that Rodgers is too scared of the AFC North to want to be there. 

If he wants to go to a crap division there are 3 teams in the AFC south that would take him.  Rodgers just doesnt strike me as someone who would base his career moves around avoiding defenses.  He's played against some really good defenses in Chicago and Minnesota his whole career and had little issue with them.  Even Detroit had Suh trying to rip his head off.

Do you think Burrow wants out of cincy because the afc north is too rough for him?

OOh and Rodgers is playing the afc north this year. Is this rehearsal for 2022?  Ick. 
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 08:25 AM)Nately120 Wrote: A Hollywood playboy who spent 16 years in Wisconsin.  The Steelers are a marquee franchise that is going to need an instant QB in 2022.  I just can't buy that Rodgers is too scared of the AFC North to want to be there. 

If he wants to go to a crap division there are 3 teams in the AFC south that would take him.  Rodgers just doesnt strike me as someone who would base his career moves around avoiding defenses.  He's played against some really good defenses in Chicago and Minnesota his whole career and had little issue with them.  Even Detroit had Suh trying to rip his head off.

Do you think Burrow wants out of cincy because the afc north is too rough for him?

OOh and Rodgers is playing the afc north this year. Is this rehearsal for 2022?  Ick. 

Joe Burrow is in his early 20's. Rodgers is about to turn 38. That's a huge difference when you get hit, and it's a huge huge difference in recovery time if you get injured. 20 something year old Rodgers would not care, but this is a guy wanting to extend his playing career, you can bet he is looking at defenses he would have to play twice a year. He's seen the Stealer/Ravens games. He's seen the Stealers/Bengals games. You really think he wants to go through those double chin strap games twice each season with all the animosity in this division? I highly doubt it. He can play in Denver where there are ski bunnies, mountains, fresh air and he's close to Kalifornia, or he can play in dirty old pissburgh. I just don't see him picking pissburgh
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 12:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I have to disagree. You give Rodgers those 3 WR’s and that defense they’re an instant contender. Yeah their OL sucks, but Rodgers isn’t a literal tree like Ben. I would be very, very worried if he went to Pittsburgh.

He's still 38....yeah, he's better than Ben for sure, but Pitt's line is also worse than Green Bay's. 

What I meant about not working out is his attitude. He's kind of a *****.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 08:51 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: He's still 38....yeah, he's better than Ben for sure, but Pitt's line is also worse than Green Bay's. 

What I meant about not working out is his attitude. He's kind of a *****.

Ben or Rodgers?
Reply/Quote
Brady is smart, he signed with a team with a great OL, great WR's, added Gronk to make TE room very good and Bucs have a great defense.

Does Rodgers want to play against the Ravens, Browns and Bengals (revamped pass rush) 2 times each year at age 39?

The Steeler's also have some cap issues, yes those can be worked out but Rodgers has proven, no discounts so on the open market he is a 30 million a year plus cap hit.

It may happen, but I don't see it, too many reasons including him getting killed behind the OL of the Steelers for Rodgers to make them a priority.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 08:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Joe Burrow is in his early 20's. Rodgers is about to turn 38. That's a huge difference when you get hit, and it's a huge huge difference in recovery time if you get injured. 20 something year old Rodgers would not care, but this is a guy wanting to extend his playing career, you can bet he is looking at defenses he would have to play twice a year. He's seen the Stealer/Ravens games. He's seen the Stealers/Bengals games. You really think he wants to go through those double chin strap games twice each season with all the animosity in this division? I highly doubt it. He can play in Denver where there are ski bunnies, mountains, fresh air and he's close to Kalifornia, or he can play in dirty old pissburgh. I just don't see him picking pissburgh

Well, I guess we will see soon enough if the Bengals defense can put Aaron Rodgers in the hospital.  I will say it's interesting the Bengals defense went from one that ranked 32 in hitting the QB to one that apparently scares QBs so much that they won't even entertain the idea of signing with a division rival.

We will never know for sure, but I just can't picture Aaron Rodgers telling his agent "I'll go anywhere, just so long as I don't have to be in the same division as the Bengals."
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 11:16 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, I guess we will see soon enough if the Bengals defense can put Aaron Rodgers in the hospital.  I will say it's interesting the Bengals defense went from one that ranked 32 in hitting the QB to one that apparently scares QBs so much that they won't even entertain the idea of signing with a division rival.

We will never know for sure, but I just can't picture Aaron Rodgers telling his agent "I'll go anywhere, just so long as I don't have to be in the same division as the Bengals."

Dude... the Bengals, Ravens and Browns. All have a good pass rush, and all these games seem to be slugfests. 
Reply/Quote
Speculating about what Aaron Rodgers would and would not want in a prospective franchise, if he even moves, is quite pointless. There is no way to have that conversation without by necessity making things up.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 01:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Dude... the Bengals, Ravens and Browns. All have a good pass rush, and all these games seem to be slugfests. 

He plays all 3 of those teams this year. We will see if he leaves the games bloody and broken. 

Also, if he joins the Steelers the refs will cheat to make sure they win. 
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 02:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He plays all 3 of those teams this year. We will see if he leaves the games bloody and broken. 

Also, if he joins the Steelers the refs will cheat to make sure they win. 

He's not playing them with the Stealers piece of shit Oline....
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 03:06 PM)Tony Wrote: He's not playing them with the Stealers piece of shit Oline....

Nor is playing them twice, every year....
Reply/Quote
I guess we should hope the Steelers give Rodgers 30 million in 2022 since he will be on the IR after the first division game.

Him going to Denver could come back to haunt us in the playoffs or WC race. If he goes to Pittsburgh we know he'll be a non factor.  Make it so, Shitsburgh 
Reply/Quote