Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you give for Russell?
Seems Russell Wilson and the Hawks may not be able to reach an agreement on a long term. So I curious what folks would give up to bring the Cincy native home. The dude doesn't need an oline.

I'd give Andy and our 1st. Too much, too little, about right? What would you give?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Give them Dalton and a 1st and give the guy a big ol contract. If we are riding with coaches who get wood over Booby Hart then we could use the QB who can succeed with a crap o line.
Reply/Quote
Andy, our 2nd and maybe a couple of 6th's
Can't give our 1st away, we need our first to get a top LB
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't seriously entertain this trade because in reality it would cost too much in both draft compensation and salary cap. I would love to have him on the team, but if you offer Dalton they'd probably want at least two first rounders, maybe more. Pass.
Reply/Quote
If they took Dalton and a first, I would make that trade this second. Unfortunately, it would take a lot more.
Reply/Quote
He’s a fantasy stud. Not sure he would fit here. Ninja

I doubt we even think about it. Doubtful he can bring to the table what he has for Seattle and when you take into account that Seattle isn’t real serious for a deal, it screams skank girlfriend to me. Plus, Dalton may flourish in this system. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
I don't condone giving any QB the type of contract he is looking for.

As great as Wilson is, the Seahawks haven't been that great since the departure of Marshawn and the defense. I have a hard time believing he could make us any better than Seattle has been the past few years. just my opinion tho.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 08:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems Russell Wilson and the Hawks may not be able to reach an agreement on a long term. So I curious what folks would give up to bring the Cincy native home. The dude doesn't need an oline.

I'd give Andy and our 1st. Too much, too little, about right? What would you give?

I would do Andy and our first, but I don't see the hawks taking it.  If they aren't paying Wilson, no way they pay Andy.  I expect that they're probably looking for a rookie if they can't agree to terms.  That means they are going to want a pick where they can be assured of a QB or a boatload of draft capital.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 09:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He’s a fantasy stud. Not sure he would fit here. Ninja

I doubt we even think about it. Doubtful he can bring to the table what he has for Seattle and when you take into account that Seattle isn’t real serious for a deal, it screams skank girlfriend to me. Plus, Dalton may flourish in this system. ThumbsUp
He has had success at every stop in his career. NC State, missed him big time. Wisconsin, Rose Bowl. Seattle, SB. Should have been 2!!

I'm usually not to n board with trading away picks n the top twelve, but n this case Andy, #11, wouldn't bother me. He's a proven winner, and does so with half ass o-lineman.

Hell! He'd fit right in here!
Reply/Quote
Andy and our first would be fine with me
Reply/Quote
Andy, 2019 first round pick, 2019 third and 2020 second would be the max that I would give and I'm not even sure if Seattle would be happy with that. Wilson with Green, Boyd and a backfield pull of pass catchers would be fun to watch.
Reply/Quote
I think Wilson is literally built for this team.He would fit right in,no problem.Would make things very interesting to say the least.
Reply/Quote
Whatever draft picks they wanted.

Wilson would completely change this franchise around.

Despite being sacked 51 times last year (tied for 3rd most) he actually posted his highest ever QB rating, which also ranked 3rd in the NFL. Also tied for 3rd most passing TDs.

Wilson is an elite QB. He even has the 2nd highest QB rating of all time and the 10th highest Passing Touchdown Percentage
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 09:42 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I don't condone giving any QB the type of contract he is looking for.

As great as Wilson is, the Seahawks haven't been that great since the departure of Marshawn and the defense. I have a hard time believing he could make us any better than Seattle has been the past few years. just my opinion tho.

The way I sees it, is that Wilson is inordinately good for how bad the o-line is.  Since we can't or won't fix the o-line, he'd be the best QB for our system...our system being that of a perpetually crappy o-line.  
Reply/Quote
I’d trade Dalton and a 1st for Wilson in a heartbeat. When’s the last time we truly hit a home run in the 1st anyway? AJ?

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 11:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d trade Dalton and a 1st for Wilson in a heartbeat. When’s the last time we truly hit a home run in the 1st anyway? AJ?

Most likely AJ, yeah. You could argue Zeitler was up there.
Reply/Quote
I could see Dalton, this year's second, and next year's third.  For a team that thought that it had a super bowl roster minus a QB? I could see offering more than that. Players like Wilson just don't hit the market very often. It's anyone's guess as to how he'll age, but it could turn out to be a Drew Brees sort of situation if a team manages to pry him away.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 08:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems Russell Wilson and the Hawks may not be able to reach an agreement on a long term. So I curious what folks would give up to bring the Cincy native home. The dude doesn't need an oline.

" the dude doesn't need an oline".   That is total nonsense.  

I would trade nothing for Wilson.  When the day comes Bengals replace Dalton, it needs to be a young QB.  

I do not trade Dalton and our #1 pick in 2019, NO WAY.   I'm sure Zac Taylor probably says NO WAY also.  With that #1 pick Bengals could use an Offensive Tackle, but others say Linebacker.  KEEP DALTON.  GET AN OT or a LB in #1.   Wilson is no longer a young QB and would not fit Bengals NEW DEY way of the future, way of the future, way of the future. 

Oh Yes, him being " a Cincy Native " should NEVER enter into it. You don't draft just Ohio or just Kentucky. You sure don't draft just Cincinnati. You don't trade for Local Natives either. Not how you build a team.

The good thing is this wild trade idea will never happen.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 02:52 AM)kevin Wrote: " the dude doesn't need an oline".   That is total nonsense.  

I would trade nothing for Wilson.  When the day comes Bengals replace Dalton, it needs to be a young QB.  

I do not trade Dalton and our #1 pick in 2019, NO WAY.   I'm sure Zac Taylor probably says NO WAY also.  With that #1 pick Bengals could use an Offensive Tackle, but others say Linebacker.  KEEP DALTON.  GET AN OT or a LB in #1.   Wilson is no longer a young QB and would not fit Bengals NEW DEY way of the future, way of the future, way of the future. 

Oh Yes, him being " a Cincy Native " should NEVER enter into it. You don't draft just Ohio or just Kentucky. You sure don't draft just Cincinnati. You don't trade for Local Natives either. Not how you build a team.

The good thing is this wild trade idea will never happen.

Not it’s not. He went 10-6 last season with an absolutely terrible OL. They gave up 3.1 sacks per game. In comparison we gave up 2.3.

Reply/Quote
That won't get it done. We'd have to give up way more and I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Andy Dalton and 2 first round picks.
Reply/Quote