Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you give for Russell?
(04-17-2019, 04:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This is the most interesting aspect of all this.  We want to win the SB, but we also thank god that we don't have to deal with paying a QB who has won the SB.  I guess if Dalton doesn't win a SB in the next 2 years we've really dodged a bullet!

Well in fairness, Wilson would've won the championship somewhere else and we'd be the ones paying for it. Seattle won that Super Bowl when Wilson was a bargain. Partly because of that, they were able to surround him with an amazing team.

That's why they won a Super Bowl. 

Over the past 2 years (since their talent level fell from epic levels), they missed the playoffs once and lost in the Wild card last year. If that's what we're aiming for, we should've just kept Marv and given Andy a decent right tackle.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 04:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well in fairness, Wilson would've won the championship somewhere else and we'd be the ones paying for it. Seattle won that Super Bowl when Wilson was a bargain. Partly because of that, they were able to surround him with an amazing team.

That's why they won a Super Bowl. 

Over the past 2 years (since their talent level fell from epic levels), they missed the playoffs once and lost in the Wild card last year. If that's what we're aiming for, we should've just kept Marv and given Andy a decent right tackle.

I get that, I'm just saying if we ever win the SB we might find ourselves wrecking everything to keep our pricey QB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 06:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I get that, I'm just saying if we ever win the SB we might find ourselves wrecking everything to keep our pricey QB.

Small price to pay, if the QB won a title for us.

I'd love to have had the "Flacco problem" the Ravens just dealt with.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Is it weird that this contract makes me think even moreso that the Bengals won't go QB in the first round this year? If the goal is to grab a rookie QB and use the cash you save to win a SB in those first 5 years, I'd say we wait another year or two... we've got a ways to go, and you'd ideally want those prime years where you're set up for success to be closer to the beginning of the rookie contract than the end. Andy at least gives them a chance to be competitive in the meanwhile.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 08:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems Russell Wilson and the Hawks may not be able to reach an agreement on a long term. So I curious what folks would give up to bring the Cincy native home. The dude doesn't need an oline.

I'd give Andy and our 1st. Too much, too little, about right? What would you give?

I think the Seahags would laugh at that offer. It would take multiple 1’s or a Top 3 1st plus Andy. Wilson is an elite QB. Either way, moot point now that Wilson signed.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote