Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you like to happen?
The Bills are from New York. I'm not expecting a decision on game outcome favorable for Cincy.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
I think we would have won by 3 TD's + last night. The guys were focused and on a mission.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 08:30 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I dont see any way to make it fair to everyone either.

The only solution that truly impacts only one team is giving the Bengals the win.  The Bills were losing, the Bills obviously could not continue.

This does impact the Ravens somewhat but at least it is more "earned" than just granting a tie which would also hurt the Bengals opportunity to gain the #1 or 2 seed.

Bengals chose not to continue as well. They were winning halfway through the first qtr. Maybe if it was the 4th qtr.Whstever is decided will be unfair to someone.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 09:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Bengals chose not to continue as well. They were winning halfway through the first qtr. Maybe if it was the 4th qtr.Whstever is decided will be unfair to someone.

Bengals were stretching and warming up... no doubt when Zac talked to Sean and he said no way his team could go that Zac obliged.   

Reply/Quote
I would have liked to see the game restarted today and the Bengals Saturday game pushed back until Sunday.

There is not going to be a magical moment when everyone wants to replay the game. Saying it depends on Hamlin's health at this point makes no sense. He's in critical care and likely to remain there awhile after what he went through.

Not playing the game before the weekend affects the following other teams:
Ravens - do they play the Bengals for the division maybe not resting injured players when it could still be taken away if the game is canceled or played later?
Chargers - they are competing against the Ravens/Bengals for the #5/6 seed and would have known the result of Cin/Bal before their afternoon start.
Chiefs - canceling the game automatically makes them the number one seed, for now, b/c Buf has one less win.

Looked at another way, the game affects the #1, 2, 3, 5, and 6 AFC seeds.

I understand the NFL not completing the game when there may have been a player death on the field; it's unknown territory. But by not playing the game or even making a decision on the game yet, they are responsible for the messes that have been and are being created. I already think that the league should refund all the tickets and pay for the transportation and hotels of the fans that traveled to the game.

Damar Hamlin got the best care that could have been given. There was no better place for this to happen than where medical care and transport were immediately available. There is little or nothing more that the NFL can do for Damar right now. Information about the cause of the injury will trickle out over time, if at all. At the risk of sounding uncaring, now that everything that could be done has been done, the league and the players need to move forward. For some players that may mean quitting football. If not, that means playing the games.
Reply/Quote
Did anybody notice that the raider game is on Saturday? Was this a league decision to push it up or was it always there?

That game has implications for the Bengals. If KC beats Vegas , the Bengals W over Buffalo matters a lot less. But if Vegas pulls off an upset, it would make this game all the more meaningful. Raiders pull off an upset, Cincy can claim #1 seed with a W vs Baltimore. But if the Raiders lose, Buffalo's #1 seed matters a ton more from the outcome of this postponed game.

Maybe they can punt or determine what to do after the Raiders / Chiefs game for fairness sake to all teams involved in this?
Just a thought.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 10:01 PM)mcapuano Wrote: Did anybody notice that the raider game is on Saturday? Was this a league decision to push it up or was it always there?

That game has implications for the Bengals. If KC beats Vegas , the Bengals W over Buffalo matters a lot less.  But if Vegas pulls off an upset, it would make this game all the more meaningful.   Raiders pull off an upset, Cincy can claim #1 seed with a W in Baltimore.  But if the Raiders lose, Buffalo's #1 seed matters a ton more from the outcome of this postponed game.

Maybe they can punt or determine what to do after the Raiders / Chiefs game for fairness sake to all teams involved in this?
Just a thought.

That game was planned for Saturday prior to last night.  Posted by NFL yesterday at 4:04 PM

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-announces-complete-week-18-schedule-for-2022-season-with-lions-packers-on-su

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Option 1) A tie or no contest would give the Bengals the North, but lock them out of the #1 seed but no worse than the #3 seed.

Option 2) Both teams have locked into the playoffs. So you play the week 18 schedule as normal. Then you play this game as a continuation on Thursday. However the seeding comes out you push the Bills playoff game and their opponent/Bengals playoff game and their opponent to the next Thursday and so forth... This allows enough time between games for the Bills and Bengals, gets the suspended game in and gives the opponents of the Bills/Bengals a little more time -- with the Bills and Bengals having a normal week to prepare.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 09:53 PM)puddycat Wrote: I would have liked to see the game restarted today and the Bengals Saturday game pushed back until Sunday.

There is not going to be a magical moment when everyone wants to replay the game.  Saying it depends on Hamlin's health at this point makes no sense.  He's in critical care and likely to remain there awhile after what he went through.  

Not playing the game before the weekend affects the following other teams:
Ravens - do they play the Bengals for the division maybe not resting injured players when it could still be taken away if the game is canceled or played later?
Chargers - they are competing against the Ravens/Bengals for the #5/6 seed and would have known the result of Cin/Bal before their afternoon start.
Chiefs - canceling the game automatically makes them the number one seed, for now, b/c Buf has one less win.

Looked at another way, the game affects the #1, 2, 3, 5, and 6 AFC seeds.

I understand the NFL not completing the game when there may have been a player death on the field; it's unknown territory.  But by not playing the game or even making a decision on the game yet, they are responsible for the messes that have been and are being created.  I already think that the league should refund all the tickets and pay for the transportation and hotels of the fans that traveled to the game.

Damar Hamlin got the best care that could have been given.  There was no better place for this to happen than where medical care and transport were immediately available.  There is little or nothing more that the NFL can do for Damar right now.  Information about the cause of the injury will trickle out over time, if at all.  At the risk of sounding uncaring, now that everything that could be done has been done, the league and the players need to move forward.  For some players that may mean quitting football.  If not, that means playing the games.

When were we scheduled for Saturday?

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 10:35 PM)casear2727 Wrote: When were we scheduled for Saturday?

My bad: I google searched NFL schedule and the top listing was Bengals/Ravens were listed at 10 pm Sat.

The NFL announced before the game yesterday that the time of the game depended on the result. "If the Bills beat the Bengals tonight, the Week 18 Ravens-Bengals game will be played at 4:25 p.m. ET on CBS with the winner clinching the AFC North. If Cincinnati defeats Buffalo, the Ravens-Bengals game will be played at 1 p.m. ET on CBS."
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 10:50 PM)puddycat Wrote: My bad: I google searched NFL schedule and the top listing was Bengals/Ravens were listed at 10 pm Sat.

The NFL announced before the game yesterday that the time of the game depended on the result. "If the Bills beat the Bengals tonight, the Week 18 Ravens-Bengals game will be played at 4:25 p.m. ET on CBS with the winner clinching the AFC North. If Cincinnati defeats Buffalo, the Ravens-Bengals game will be played at 1 p.m. ET on CBS."

Damn, that would be late.

WTS, does anyone know when we're actually playing or is it still in limbo?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 10:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Damn, that would be late.

WTS, does anyone know when we're actually playing or is it still in limbo?

ESPN has the Bengals-Ravens game as Sunday TBD.  All the other games have a time. Every single one but the Bengals game, including the Sunday night game.

I swear that when I first checked it stated 1pm on Sunday. But now it says TBD.

Edit: NFL.com lists all the games and their times, but lists the Bengals-Ravens game under "games not yet scheduled."

Kind of odd, isn't it? That the game does not have a time yet?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 11:02 PM)Nepa Wrote: ESPN has the Bengals-Ravens game as Sunday TBD.  All the other games have a time. Every single one but the Bengals game, including the Sunday night game.

I swear that when I first checked it stated 1pm on Sunday. But now it says TBD.

Edit: NFL.com lists all the games and their times, but lists the Bengals-Ravens game under "games not yet scheduled."

Kind of odd, isn't it? That the game does not have a time yet?

Thought last time I checked it was Sat.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 11:22 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Thought last time I checked it was Sat.

Well, NFL.com doesn't even have a day, let alone a time for the game. Just put the Bengals-Ravens game under "games not yet scheduled."
Reply/Quote