Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you take for Marvin jones.
(09-24-2015, 01:30 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Let's be honest. How many times has Dalton just blindly chucked it up to AJ?

I'm sorry, but that doesn't happen nearly as often as some say.

If you take out "blindly" I'd say not often enough!  You know, just chuck it his way even when covered as it usually goes pretty well.  Agree though that this gets thrown around as an idea that doesn't actually happen much in reality.  
Reply/Quote
Someone's firstborn. And the right of jus primae noctis with his wife.

Which is to say, I don't favor tradin' a damn thing before I see these quadruplets (Green-Jones-Sanu-Eifert) play a January game.
Reply/Quote
This team is in the position where we should be trading a couple of picks for players and not the other way around.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 12:22 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: So we visually see the repercussions of not having a legit #2 receiver last year. Now we see how well the offense is with him contributing..

And the talk instantly goes to trade.

I don't get folks on these boards. It's like, if someone does well but isn't the number #1 guy at his position we might as well trade him.

Put McCarron, Gio, Marvin Jones and all the rest of the 2nd string on the trading block why don't ya.

I'm with you on this.  I know this is a discussion board but why all the talk about trading the depth that this team has been trying to build for the last how many years?
Reply/Quote
I would not trade him at all. No way.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 12:04 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: Hypothetical here. If you had a say in the decisions and someone was trying to trade for MJ, what would they have to offer? For me, it'd have to be a second.

Nothing.  The depth at WR is somewhat thin behind him and AJ.  He is also a vertical threat...see Chargers, SD.

A healthy Marvin, a healty Eifert, a strong running game, AND AJ GREEN????   I'm not breaking that up for anything...not this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't get the point of these threads...
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't trade him for anything less than an RG3 package. 3 firsts and a second.

He's just too valuable to this offense.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 06:02 AM)McC Wrote: So now every thread is turning into another whip on AJ thread.  ***** bizarre.  For every play that he didn't play enough defense, there is one like the TD pass he caught, plays only a handful of guys in the league even make.  Trade AJ?  Careful what you wish for.  ***** bizarre.

McC, I agree with you more often than not. This isn't about beating up AJ or protecting Dalton.

I love AJ ! He's one of my top 5 favorite Bengals. But in the same breath I want to see his best, and I strongly feel we haven't seen it yet !!!

In my opinion he (AT TIMES) gives up on plays when he meets much resistance. He lets DB's get in his head and it's well known. AJ's got to understand he's not going to win every play and have no resistance every time out. I've seen him with my own eyes walking around pouting after a failed play.

All I want out of AJ is to say ok you got me there, now watch this and go kick some ass ! Instead of feeling sorry for himself. In short I want to see my/our team improve, and be at its best.

And AJ toughening up is one area we can improve. IMHO
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't get rid of of Marvin. He's a perfect number 2 receiver for us. With him AJ and Eifert, as Donny Brasco would say... "Forget about it!"
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 12:22 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: So we visually see the repercussions of not having a legit #2 receiver last year. Now we see how well the offense is with him contributing..

And the talk instantly goes to trade.

I don't get folks on these boards. It's like, if someone does well but isn't the number #1 guy at his position we might as well trade him.

Put McCarron, Gio, Marvin Jones and all the rest of the 2nd string on the trading block why don't ya.

YOU HIT THIS RIGHT ON THE HEAD, GREAT POST!!!!!
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
As others have said, I don't understand why people want to trade any player who isn't the number one guy, especially when the alternative (Sanu) would drag the offense down and our WR depth is terrible. That said, his trade value would probably be a third round pick
Reply/Quote
Love this squad and would be in no hurry to trade anybody at this present time.

If I was in charge and did trade somebody ?

Would have to be raping the other team to even consider making a move now.

End of year ? Sure lets talk. But right now just want to let these boys roll the dice and try and break this playoff futility streak.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The question is do we think he'll sign a high enough contract that will get us a 3rd round pick next offseason (well 2017 offseason)? If so then nothing less. If not then he's only worth a 4th or 5th round pick right now, and he's worth more to us then that.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 12:19 PM)eoxyod Wrote: As others have said, I don't understand why people want to trade any player who isn't the number one guy, especially when the alternative (Sanu) would drag the offense down and our WR depth is terrible. That said, his trade value would probably be a third round pick

These are my thoughts exactly. People really seem to be overrating Jones. The RGIII package? Really? 
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 11:22 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: McC, I agree with you more often than not. This isn't about beating up AJ or protecting Dalton.

I love AJ ! He's one of my top 5 favorite Bengals. But in the same breath I want to see his best, and I strongly feel we haven't seen it yet !!!

In my opinion he (AT TIMES) gives up on plays when he meets much resistance. He lets DB's get in his head and it's well known. AJ's got to understand he's not going to win every play and have no resistance every time out. I've seen him with my own eyes walking around pouting after a failed play.

All I want out of AJ is to say ok you got me there, now watch this and go kick some ass ! Instead of feeling sorry for himself. In short I want to see my/our team improve, and be at its best.

And AJ toughening up is one area we can improve. IMHO
AJ is not perfect.  Everyone knows.  Feels like the topic has been covered up and down and backwards.  He needs to play better defense.  Even though his game is long and lean and fluid, he needs to be more physical.  He needs to be everything.  He has to be elite in the eyes of everyone.  He needs to be the perfect playing machine.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Not that I would trade him but trade wise I would say he would be a 3rd rounder maybe a 2nd.

With that being said I think he walks at the end of the year and gets a HUGE payday from a team looking for a stud WR.

If healthy he will once again have 10 TDs or more this season.

As a side note I think we will also lose M Sanu this offseason as well.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 03:58 PM)corpjet Wrote: With that being said I think he walks at the end of the year and gets a HUGE payday from a team looking for a stud WR.

As a side note I think we will also lose M Sanu this offseason as well.

Explain how that would happen. There is no way both guys walk out of here. I think Sanu takes the hometown discount and stays. Marvin Jones isn't as hot of a commodity as people on here are putting it (so far). He would need to have a huge season to demand that kind of cash. As a PIECE of this offense and not the main part of it, I think he will also stay for a lower grade contract. Nobody on our team seems overly greedy... other than maybe Andre Smith.
Reply/Quote
2006 Chris Henry
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 12:06 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Keep Marvin, entertain offers on AJ Green.

That's a joke right?
Reply/Quote