Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whatchu cookin for game day?
What's everyone cooking for game day?

Recently bought my first smoker. Trying my first brisket today.
Well your honor, we've plenty of hearsay and conjecture, those are kinds of evidence. - Lionel Hutz
Reply/Quote
Don’t cook for gameday unfortunately, my wife and daughter never eat and I’m left having to finish off an entire crock pot of food.

Buddy and I typically watch the games and we will order some Buffalo Wild Wings or sandwiches… I might do that today.
Reply/Quote
I'll be watching the game by myself today, so no big gameday spread here. Will likely just down a few IPAs, have a couple shots of Sailor Jerry Rum, and order a pizza and or some wings. There is a local place that makes some really good smoked wings, and their Caribbean Jerk sauce is on point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm probably eating paint at game time unfortunately. I have to get my dad's old place painted ASAP for sale. Luckily i have an airless sprayer so it should go quick. Taping is the part that takes forever..Can't even listen since I'm in SC. I could drag my entire desktop computer system over with me, but that ain't happening.. Oh well..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 09:20 AM)fuzzychin Wrote: What's everyone cooking for game day?

Recently bought my first smoker.  Trying my first brisket today.

I hope you started it yesterday!!!  Me, I'm just doing some Skyline chili.
Reply/Quote
Something easy...cheeseburger hamburger helper.
Reply/Quote
Skyline Dip, obviously! Fortunately they still sell skyline at Krogers down here in Houston.
Reply/Quote
Getting an order of wings. And several beers from Listermann's

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Leftover Popeye's for lunch, leftover spaghetti for dinner...
Reply/Quote
Burgers on the grill, wings, spicy Queso Fundido & cold beer.
Reply/Quote
Real homemade chili in the crockpot. None of that sweetened Skyline slop!
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 09:20 AM)fuzzychin Wrote: What's everyone cooking for game day?

Recently bought my first smoker.  Trying my first brisket today.

I get to fired up over Bengals to cook.  I do have caramel apples that have hit the stores.  I like to use a steak knife and a fork.  I'll pound down a package of 3 of them during Bengals game. 

Hopefully a Bengals Win, and then I will have a VICTORY Supper.  I feel like Johnsonville brats, but I need to go to store before game time.  I like the Stadium Brats or the Beer Brats.  Micro 3 minutes and slap on a hot dog bun, and get back to THE GAME.  Next to store is Mel-O-Dee Restaurant of great Cole Slaw. A pint of that and cole slaw on my brats would be great. I better get to and from the store at 2 hours before kick-off.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 11:52 AM)kevin Wrote: I get to fired up over Bengals to cook.  I do have caramel apples that have hit the stores.  I like to use a steak knife and a fork.  I'll pound down a package of 3 of them during Bengals game. 

Hopefully a Bengals Win, and then I will have a VICTORY Supper.  I feel like Johnsonville brats, but I need to go to store before game time.  I like the Stadium Brats or the Beer Brats.  Micro 3 minutes and slap on a hot dog bun, and get back to THE GAME.  Next to store is Mel-O-Dee Restaurant of great Cole Slaw. A pint of that and cole slaw on my brats would be great. I better get to and from the store at 2 hours before kick-off.

Bacon-wrap those beer brats and grill them or pan fry them while constantly turning them in the bacon grease. Sooooooo good. I fry off some peppers and onions to top them off with. Spicy brown mustard. Mmmmmmm-MMMMMMM!
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 09:43 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'll be watching the game by myself today, so no big gameday spread here.  Will likely just down a few IPAs, have a couple shots of Sailor Jerry Rum, and order a pizza and or some wings.  There is a local place that makes some really good smoked wings, and their Caribbean Jerk sauce is on point.

Smoked wings are awesome. Did a bunch for the first pre-season "game".
Well your honor, we've plenty of hearsay and conjecture, those are kinds of evidence. - Lionel Hutz
Reply/Quote
The important thing here is not what you are eating, it is what are you DRINKING! Who Dey!
Drunk
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Pepper steak

Homegrown peppers and tomatoes.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 09:36 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Don’t cook for gameday unfortunately, my wife and daughter never eat and I’m left having to finish off an entire crock pot of food.

Buddy and I typically watch the games and we will order some Buffalo Wild Wings or sandwiches… I might do that today.

You should really watch out. I heard you can only do that for 20-30 days before it becomes fatal.   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 12:47 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The important thing here is not what you are eating, it is what are you DRINKING!  Who Dey!  
Drunk

While I'm inside I'll be drinking Bud Light or Yeungling Light. Once I move to the back patio and poolside I'll be switching to frozen Dragonberry Daquiris.
Reply/Quote
Chili Rock On WHO DEY! Tiger Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 11:46 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Real homemade chili in the crockpot. None of that sweetened Skyline slop!

So edgy  Yawn
Reply/Quote