Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats the Deal??
Why is the Stadium 50% empty..
I live in another country but would be there to support this team every Sunday at home
The players look deflated simply because the stadium is friggin empty
Please explain..
Cincinatti is by far one of the cheapest cities to attend a game
Reply/Quote
Bro, are you new to following the Bengals? I have not missed a home game since 2009 and I left the game before it was over for the first time today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:42 PM)Spider Wrote: Why is the Stadium 50% empty..
I live in another country but would be there to support this team every Sunday at home
Please explain..

28 going on 29 years of no playoff wins and many going on probably 4th losing season in a row answers that question. Why waste your money when you can watch them wet the bed from home? 
Reply/Quote
Gee...I wonder why people don't support a team that hasn't won a playoff game in 28+ years??? And you ask that on a day that the 49ers utterly destroyed them.
Reply/Quote
Why should people pay hard earned money to support this pathetic franchise?

Maybe if our biggest offseason moves were more than finally hiring a new coach after 16 years, and bringing in a bunch of scrubs for a makeshift OL...

Hell, we can’t even be excited about our top draft pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Please explain..

It was not 50 percent  but mower than we would want it
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why should people pay hard earned money to support this pathetic franchise?

Maybe if our biggest offseason moves were more than finally hiring a new coach after 16 years, and bringing in a bunch of scrubs for a makeshift OL...

Hell, we can’t even be excited about our top draft pick.

Take that for instance. Fans wanted to be all into the new coaching hires...then the team signs scrubs in free agency and gives Bobby Hart a healthy contract. That broke a lot of fans.
Reply/Quote
They’re not deflated because of the stands(and it wasn’t close to half empty), they’re deflated because they’re not very good.
Reply/Quote
I tend to believe that fan support makes a major impact in sports
I have suffered as much as all of you guys loving this team
But sometimes the 12th man is what is needed
But that being said..Who am I to Know
The pain just continues year after flippin year
Reply/Quote
Surprised the B.W Webb, John Miller and Wynn signings didn’t make the fans think this team was serious about competing for a Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:52 PM)Spider Wrote: I tend to believe that fan support makes a major impact in sports

You're putting the cart before the horse.  Good teams tend to have good turnouts.  Waiting for fans to show up to make your team good is like opening a pizza joint and saying you'll start making edible pizza when you start getting 10,000 orders per day.
Reply/Quote
Greed
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:52 PM)Spider Wrote: I tend to believe that fan support makes a major impact in sports

12th man ain't making up 24 points. 
Reply/Quote
@Spider come on down to PBS then. I’d imagine tickets will be half off soon enough.

But for real, this team has demoralized thousands of season tickets holders. I really hope for the sake of the city, ZT can turn it around

Reply/Quote
Please explain..

The team has been below average for 3 years and counting.  The public perception is that the owner who also runs the team doesn't really care and doesn't want to invest in winning.  A new head coach I think was a move to try to change that perception but it maybe wasn't enough. 

Add in that they have not had luck with recent draft picks resulting in a shoddy offensive line at best, a skeleton crew at LB and a QB that is overall average, often hot and cold and the basis of the Dalton line (otherwise known as the Dalton Scale).  Toss in no exciting free agency acquisitions. 

The result is a fan base that is probably becoming more and more disinterested.  So many probably decide to save their money and stay home until things change enough to sway them in the direction of going to the games. I don't know how much it costs in your country to go to a game and support your team, but here it can easily costs hundreds of dollars. I think people are hesitant to give that money to an owner that is publicly perceived as being disinterested in investing in winning.

Overall I think fans are just fatigued by having a few seasons where it looks like things turned around only to see it regress back to the same old same old. The one constant during all this has been the owner. And people don't perceive that as a positive.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

The Bengals don't lose because the stadium is empty. They lose because their owner refuses to staff the front office with an adequate amount of scouts and a bunch of other reasons. I could go on and on.

They also hired probably the most inexperienced staff possible this year.
Reply/Quote
You guys are all right
It just hurts me to look forward to Sunday (watching on tv) and see the lack of fan support
I guess its just our reality
Very sad
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:58 PM)Spider Wrote: You guys are all right
It just hurts me to look forward to Sunday (watching on tv) and see the lack of fan support
Very sad

It has literally been the same thing over and over for 28 years.

There is a reason teams like the Steelers, Ravens, and Patriots have 2 to 3 times the player personnel/scouting staff as the Bengals.

Tom Coughlin when he was a candidate with Marvin questioned if he could win here the way it was structured. He wanted to presumably hire more scouts and a GM.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:58 PM)Spider Wrote: You guys are all right
Very sad

Meh, call it accountability.

In all fairness, if fans in the stands made teams win then very few teams would ever lose at home.  How many 49ers fans were at the game today?  Their team didn't seem to mind putting on a good show for 1/20th of the seats.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, call it accountability.

In all fairness, if fans in the stands made teams win then very few teams would ever lose at home.  How many 49ers fans were at the game today?  Their team didn't seem to mind putting on a good show for 1/20th of the seats.

Actually there were a Good amount of 9ers fans there today

Reply/Quote