Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats the Oline gonna look like today?
So do we have any official status updates for Jonah and Hart? Who will be the starting 5 to protect the golden boy from the Steeler meanies?

Cigar
Reply/Quote
Bobby Hart and Fred Johnson are out. Jonah was limited all week so I guess hes questionable but I'm betting he is a go.

That leaves a matchup of Hakeem Adeniji vs TJ Watt. It will be a huge game for the rookie and I hope he has a great game against one of the NFL best and steals the RT spot.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well Spain is up from the practice squad but not starting... so already it won't look right.

Still haven't heard if Williams is a go or not, but at least they will have the correct player at RT.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 02:45 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Well Spain is up from the practice squad but not starting.

Thats shocking that he's not starting.  Where did you hear this?  I assumed when we signed him it was with the understanding he was a starter.  Isn't that why he was disgruntled in Buff in the first place?

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 02:48 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Thats shocking that he's not starting.  Where did you hear this?  I assumed when we signed him it was with the understanding he was a starter.  Isn't that why he was disgruntled in Buff in the first place?

Not starting doesn't mean he wont play.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 02:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not starting doesn't mean he wont play.

This is some weird half-cocked Bengals logic but I guess it is what it is.  If hes the best just start him lol.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
Like this...

[Image: milan-italy-january-25-turnstyles-260nw-1295656213.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 02:45 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Well Spain is up from the practice squad but not starting... so already it won't look right.

Still haven't heard if Williams is a go or not, but at least they will have the correct player at RT.

We don't know that yet.  Nothing has been announced.  It is simply assumed that Jordan will take his starting spot back.  But based on last week, even if he doesn't start, they won't hesitate to put him in

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
No matter who is out there, I hope they look elite today.
Reply/Quote
Spain didn't technically start the Titans game either, but he played most of it.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 03:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Like this...

[Image: milan-italy-january-25-turnstyles-260nw-1295656213.jpg]

That's normal for us, but I hope not!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 02:48 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Thats shocking that he's not starting.  Where did you hear this?  I assumed when we signed him it was with the understanding he was a starter.  Isn't that why he was disgruntled in Buff in the first place?

(11-15-2020, 03:14 PM)pally Wrote: We don't know that yet.  Nothing has been announced.  It is simply assumed that Jordan will take his starting spot back.  But based on last week, even if he doesn't start, they won't hesitate to put him in

From the Bengals website and the mouth of Zach Taylor.

Bengals head coach Zac Taylor pretty much said on Wednesday the middle of the line looks to be back intact with center Trey Hopkins and left guard Michael Jordan returning after missing the Titans game. There is also hope that left tackle Jonah Williams (neck stinger) is back after he went limited Wednesday. But right tackle remains a mystery with Bobby Hart (knee) not practicing Wednesday after missing the Tennessee game and his backup, Fred Johnson, is on the Covid list with availability unknown.

https://www.bengals.com/news/matchup-of-the-game-steelers-rush-proves-another-test-for-bengals-o-line

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I'd go with Adeniji at LT, Jonah at RT, Spain at LG, Hopkins, and Redmond.

Spain should get into this game barring Jordan just playing out of his mind, which I believe to be unlikely.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 04:01 PM)samhain Wrote: I'd go with Adeniji at LT, Jonah at RT, Spain at LG, Hopkins, and Redmond.

Spain should get into this game barring Jordan just playing out of his mind, which I believe to be unlikely.

Hakeem Adeniji has practiced at Right Tackle this year and Jonah Williams has not. Williams probably hasn't taken a rep at Right Tackle since his redshirt freshman year at Alabama...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Is XSF going to be active? I’d put him in over Redmond immediately.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 04:25 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Is XSF going to be active? I’d put him in over Redmond immediately.

agree 100% Spain too

Cigar
Reply/Quote
Adeniji is starting at RT

Reply/Quote
Like crap
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Glad Jonah is back at least.