Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Whats your pregame superstition?
This year, I have been doing 10 pushups for every score we make rather it be 7 or 3. Also, wouldn't wash my jersey (did one week and they lost). I stand instead of sitting during the games now also. Seems to have worked well. Now, since the loss, It's a clean slate and I washed the jersey (really needed it as it reeked of smoke). I used to wear a black T-shirt under the jersey and think I screwed up last week by wearing a long sleeve (lol). So, whetever I do tomorrow, if we win, will become the new ritual until we lose again which hopefully isnt until 2028  Ninja 

What's your superstition? I know I'm a little out there but just curious. I know RFaulk is going to chime in on this one. LMAO

I thought there was a thread already about this but couldnt find it. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wear a jersey the same color the team is wearing.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 02:36 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: I wear a jersey the same color the team is wearing.

Nice. I dont have that many jerseys. I used to, but as I bought them and players left the team, I gave them away. 

Reply/Quote
I don't eat until after the Bengal game ends. God, I hate 4pm starts and tomorrow is going to suck royally.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 02:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This year, I have been doing 10 pushups for every score we make rather it be 7 or 3. Also, wouldn't wash my jersey (did one week and they lost). I stand instead of sitting during the games now also. Seems to have worked well. Now, since the loss, It's a clean slate and I washed the jersey (really needed it as it reeked of smoke). I used to wear a black T-shirt under the jersey and think I screwed up last week by wearing a long sleeve (lol). So, whetever I do tomorrow, if we win, will become the new ritual until we lose again which hopefully isnt until 2028  Ninja 

What's your superstition? I know I'm a little out there but just curious. I know RFaulk is going to chime in on this one. LMAO

I thought there was a thread already about this but couldnt find it. 

I will not chime in!!!!!!

Big Grin

I did have many but finally came to my senses and realized it doesn't help. After many wins and losses, without the help of my superstitions, i went "hmmmm, all that was for nothing". 

Tongue Wink

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Your superstition made you chime in. Knew you couldn't do it.

Reply/Quote
Dog, I gave up on superstitions a long time ago!
If we don't have a better showing of D we will be in trouble! Unless Burfict can take out 3-4 O starters from the chiefs with his dirty play! Ninja

Reply/Quote
This is less superstition and more football ritual but I have to open a beer exactly as the game starts. I do it with the Bengals and will do it in Thuraday when WVU plays. I tried it with PeeWee football once but all the other parents whined and said "Coach, You can't do that"...So ya I can't do that anymore...lol
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I ***** at Grampahol for not being out fishing.

Grampahol fishing while the Bengals are playing = win.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
It used to be i have to wear a jersey , but now its i cant get up till commercial.
Reply/Quote
I drink a whole lot of beer and look at the score when I wake up later in the evening
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 07:53 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I ***** at Grampahol for not being out fishing.  

Grampahol fishing while the Bengals are playing = win.

Do your part and pay to have a big screen TV installed out on the dock behind the house here..Oh yeah, waterproof and a really good wifi connection to boot.. 

I'll make sure we never lose again.. lol

Oh wait..there's a jasmine covered purgola out there it could be installed under so I could potentially sit on the swing, fish and watch the games . WIN WIN for everyone ! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 08:19 PM)grampahol Wrote: Do your part and pay to have a big screen TV installed out on the dock behind the house here..Oh yeah, waterproof and a really good wifi connection to boot.. 

I'll make sure we never lose again.. lol

Oh wait..there's a jasmine covered purgola out there it could be installed under so I could potentially sit on the swing, fish and watch the games . WIN WIN for everyone ! 

No worries.  The tv is on its way.  And good news, it's plug and play!

[Image: old_tv_01.jpg]

I'm such a nice guy, Imma throw in the Tidy Cats!
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I make sure the DVR is set and spend the day with my family at Kings Island while they're still open. I avoid everyone wearing Bengal's gear and do my best not to hear conversations about games. I get home around 8, get the kids ready for bed, and then hope my wife doesn't come up with some excuse to keep me from going down to the man cave to watch the game. My ritual this year is wearing my new glasses. I put them on during the Colt's game and we started playing better. I didn't realize how much my vision had changed until I put them on during the game. Last week I forgot them until about 4th quarter. Sorry. I won't forget tomorrow.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
I wake up after 3 hours of sleep after working the night shift and hope that they blow out whoever they are playing before halftime so I can go back to sleep.  Hilarious

Also wear the same Bengals shirty every week as well lol.

As much as I hate Primetime I do love being able to watch the games fully awake.
Reply/Quote
I had none, but my pregame goal now is to make sure I am nowhere near Harley's exercised-in-but-never-washed jersey. P. U.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Getting drunk enough to not feel emotion.
Reply/Quote
Sometimes if we're losing, I'll turn the channel. Especially if we were winning before I turned the TV on.

I also will say "we're definitely going to lose" as if reverse psychology will somehow work on a football game. Mellow

If we're in a losing streak, eating tuna on rye always helps. Especially if you bump into Marvin Lewis.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 09:02 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: No worries.  The tv is on its way.  And good news, it's plug and play!

[Image: old_tv_01.jpg]

I'm such a nice guy, Imma throw in the Tidy Cats!

I'll just gut it and reinstall it in my 1953 closed door tv cabinet w/real mahogany..   Found it in a trash heap a few years ago  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
A lot of times when I’m watching live tv I’ll turn down the volume on my sound bar during commercials because they’re so much louder (and usually annoying) but if we’re winning, or even playing well I can’t change it. OCD is a *****.

Reply/Quote