Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheel of Fortune Bother Anyone Else?
I love watching old episodes, but does this one thing bother anyone else:

Say a person gets a Wild Card, half a car, or anything like that in one round and wins money, then they land on a bankrupt in the next round, they take the Wild Card, half car, etc, but let them keep the money.

If they keep the money, shouldn’t they also be able to keep everything?

I have dreams of going on the show and having that happen just so I can ask them why it’s like that and be like “no, go to hell, I’m keeping this!”

Anyone know?

Has it ever bothered anyone else?
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 05:34 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I love watching old episodes, but does this one thing bother anyone else:

Say a person gets a Wild Card, half a car, or anything like that in one round and wins money, then they land on a bankrupt in the next round, they take the Wild Card, half car, etc, but let them keep the money.

If they keep the money, shouldn’t they also be able to keep everything?

I have dreams of going on the show and having that happen just so I can ask them why it’s like that and be like “no, go to hell, I’m keeping this!”

Anyone know?

Has it ever bothered anyone else?

cause its the rules of the program?
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 10:54 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: cause its the rules of the program?

But why would it be the rules when they get to keep their money?
Reply/Quote
They do take the money, don't they?

And I thought the half-car and wild cards were only good for one round.

But I haven't watched the game in forever so I may be wrong.
Reply/Quote
I quit watching when I realized that the host is a turd and Vanna old and basically useless not to mention the show never really entertained me.. 

But heck.  I never really explained just how much taste I actually have when it comes to watching TV..  I still take the position that I'm the only one who has any taste at all and everyone else's taste in tv sucks..Don't take it personally. lol

On the other hand, if you're completely brain dead it's the greatest show on TV..  Don't take this as me calling anyone brain dead, just people who think its the greatest show on TV among other unmentioned shows.. 

Ok, so I'm a tv snob.. I can accept that ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 01:14 PM)grampahol Wrote: I quit watching when I realized that the host is a turd and Vanna old and basically useless not to mention the show never really entertained me.. 

But heck.  I never really explained just how much taste I actually have when it comes to watching TV..  I still take the position that I'm the only one who has any taste at all and everyone else's taste in tv sucks..Don't take it personally. lol

On the other hand, if you're completely brain dead it's the greatest show on TV..  Don't take this as me calling anyone brain dead, just people who think its the greatest show on TV among other unmentioned shows.. 

Ok, so I'm a tv snob.. I can accept that ..

I'd still do Vanna today. 

Pat Sajack is a schmuck though.

What I don't understand though is how do they NOT age? Vanna seriously looks like she did back in '87. Soap opera stars are the same way.
Do we live in the West World?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I'd hate to say when the last time I watched that show was ? Early 90's
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 02:47 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I'd still do Vanna today. 

Pat Sajack is a schmuck though.

What I don't understand though is how do they NOT age?  Vanna seriously looks like she did back in '87.  Soap opera stars are the same way.  
Do we live in the West World?

Have not really watched in many years and can still say it is past time to replace them both. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 02:47 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I'd still do Vanna today. 

This thread is 2 years old and as I'm watching her tonight? I concur today. Damn that woman either uses 50 lbs of makeup, has had a facelift, or just keeps well. However, I want her to be my contestant. I want her say to me, "Can I have a D, HD?"

My response: Why yes, there's two of them!

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 08:07 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This thread is 2 years old and as I'm watching her tonight? I concur today. Damn that woman either uses 50 lbs of makeup, has had a facelift, or just keeps well. However, I want her to be my contestant. I want her say to me, "Can I have a D, HD?"

My response: Why yes, there's two of them!

Vanna must have really done something to you for you to conjure about an old Wheel of Fortune thread. Hilarious 

PS Christie Brinkley can 100% still get it too. 
Reply/Quote
If I were on the show and hit "bankrupt" I would start citing the federal code on Bankruptcy and claim an exemption for my car (or half car). Not even The Wheel of Fortune should be above the law.

And I would laugh out loud every time a female contestant said "I'd like a D please."
Reply/Quote