Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When Ben said..
After the first Steeler loss to the Jaguars, Ben Roethlesburger said "maybe I just don't have it anymore", in a post game interview.

Before todays loss to the Jaguars, CBS went to great lengths to show Ben stating that wasn't really what he meant. Ben went on to say that was just "his way" of laughing off a terrible loss. Fair enough, I can accept a player of his accomplishment explaining away knee jerk comments after a terrible performance.

However, Today Ben appeared to still have "it", throwing for over 400 and 5 TDs. Yet, it still wasn't enough to win the game..

Perhaps what Ben should have said, back in October, is that "I don't have what it takes to overcome a superiorly coached team, like the Jaguars"? Cool
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
5 INTs. Loss. 5 TDs loss. Apparently he’s just irrelevant.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 08:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: After the first Steeler loss to the Jaguars, Ben Roethlesburger said "maybe I just don't have it anymore", in a post game interview.

Before todays loss to the Jaguars, CBS went to great lengths to show Ben stating that wasn't really what he meant.  Ben went on to say that was just "his way" of laughing off a terrible loss.  Fair enough, I can accept a player of his accomplishment explaining away knee jerk comments after a terrible performance.

However, Today Ben appeared to still have "it", throwing for over 400 and 5 TDs.  Yet, it still wasn't enough to win the game..

Perhaps what Ben should have said, back in October, is that "I don't have what it takes to overcome a superiorly coached team, like the Jaguars"?   Cool

The Steeler offense was spectacular for most of the day.  It just so happened that their defense was hot buttered doo doo.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 08:26 PM)McC Wrote: The Steeler offense was spectacular for most of the day.  It just so happened that their defense was hot buttered doo doo.

Or, could it be that the Jaguar offense had a point to prove, after Mike Mitchell completely overlooked them with his prediction that "the Steelers would beat the Patriots, in NE"?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
A couple 4th down plays made it appear closer than it was.

Jags were clearly the better team.

Thought the cold temperatures would help steelers.

But it was not a factor at all.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 08:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Or, could it be that the Jaguar offense had a point to prove, after Mike Mitchell completely overlooked them with his prediction that "the Steelers would beat the Patriots, in NE"?

Jags showed a lot of moxie not flinching when steelers made a couple big plays at inopportune times. 

This Buds for them !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 08:41 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Jags showed a lot of moxie not flinching when steelers made a couple big plays at inopportune times. 

This Buds for them !

The best was back in the 1st Qtr.  The Steelers OL thought that they would get chippy, and try to assert their authority..  Jags answered back, in a big way.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 08:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Or, could it be that the Jaguar offense had a point to prove, after Mike Mitchell completely overlooked them with his prediction that "the Steelers would beat the Patriots, in NE"?

He said that weeks ago...it was repeated in an article this week.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 08:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: He said that weeks ago...it was repeated in an article this week.

Yep, I wonder if TJ Yeldon brought that up, when he laid that nice block on Mitchell, during Bortles run for 1st down?  Mellow

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 08:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, I wonder if TJ Yeldon brought that up, when he laid that nice block on Mitchell, during Bortles run for 1st down?  Mellow

Probably?

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 08:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: After the first Steeler loss to the Jaguars, Ben Roethlesburger said "maybe I just don't have it anymore", in a post game interview.

Before todays loss to the Jaguars, CBS went to great lengths to show Ben stating that wasn't really what he meant.  Ben went on to say that was just "his way" of laughing off a terrible loss.  Fair enough, I can accept a player of his accomplishment explaining away knee jerk comments after a terrible performance.

However, Today Ben appeared to still have "it", throwing for over 400 and 5 TDs.  Yet, it still wasn't enough to win the game..

Perhaps what Ben should have said, back in October, is that "I don't have what it takes to overcome a superiorly coached team, like the Jaguars"?   Cool

Well we'll get to see it next season when Pittsburgh plays Jacksonville because Ben has already stated he will be back next season.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 09:59 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Well we'll get to see it next season when Pittsburgh plays Jacksonville because Ben has already stated he will be back next season.

Go crawl back under your Red Solo cup..  Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 09:59 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Well we'll get to see it next season when Pittsburgh plays Jacksonville because Ben has already stated he will be back next season.

Pats and Jacksonville next year. So that’s two losses. A loss against the two last place teams from the divisions we play. 4 losses. Guaranteed wins against Ohio gives you 4 wins. So 4-4 with 8 to be decided.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 09:59 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Well we'll get to see it next season when Pittsburgh plays Jacksonville because Ben has already stated he will be back next season.

Now Pats and Jags own the Steelers and Ben, they both say come on back PigPen, just stay away from our women.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 10:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Now Pats and Jags own the Steelers and Ben, they both say come on back PigPen, just stay away from our women.

Back to this?

Sure you don't want to post about minors again?   Mellow
Reply/Quote
They said pre-game when Ben throws for a ton of yards, he is O-fer in playoff games. Was true today as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 10:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: Back to this?

Sure you don't want to post about minors again?   Mellow

Both posts got a rise from you so guess I struck a nerve.  Mellow
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 10:25 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Pats and Jacksonville next year. So that’s two losses.  A loss against the two last place teams from the divisions we play. 4 losses. Guaranteed wins against Ohio gives you 4 wins. So 4-4 with 8 to be decided.

I wish they wouldn't play down to the level of their competition. A good team would beat those teams. Chuck Noll's team would run right over those teams.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 11:08 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I wish they wouldn't play down to the level of their competition. A good team would beat those teams. Chuck Noll's team would run right over those teams.

You must agree with Bradshaw.  If Chuck Noll were coaching this talent that Tomlin's had, the Steelers would be in the AFC Championship game most of the time, not to mention a few more rings.  Tomlin is a token, riding on Cower's coattails! 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 12:44 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: You must agree with Bradshaw.  If Chuck Noll were coaching this talent that Tomlin's had, the Steelers would be in the AFC Championship game most of the time, not to mention a few more rings.  Tomlin is a token, riding on Cower's coattails! 

Can you imagine what Merv would do with all that talent? He’d be like 0-13 in the playoffs with that team.
Reply/Quote