Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When Ben said..
(01-14-2018, 11:08 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I wish they wouldn't play down to the level of their competition. A good team would beat those teams. Chuck Noll's team would run right over those teams.

Well that didn’t take long, the steeler fan living in the past.

Chuck Noll’s team..... Rolleyes

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 11:08 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I wish they wouldn't play down to the level of their competition. A good team would beat those teams. Chuck Noll's team would run right over those teams.

That depends.  With or without the roids?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 12:44 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: You must agree with Bradshaw.  If Chuck Noll were coaching this talent that Tomlin's had, the Steelers would be in the AFC Championship game most of the time, not to mention a few more rings.  Tomlin is a token, riding on Cower's coattails! 

Yes I agree with him. I never did like Tomlin. He has one of the most talented teams on paper, but he has the IQ of a grapefruit. There's no reason he shouldn't at least be in the AFC Championship game every season.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 10:42 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Both posts got a rise from you so guess I struck a nerve.  Mellow

Well I don't see a need to discuss a politician from neither of our states sexually harassing minors on a football forum.  But hey, you be you.

Maybe it gives you a "rise"?

" Mellow"
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 08:52 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Yes I agree with him. I never did like Tomlin. He has one of the most talented teams on paper, but he has the IQ of a grapefruit. There's no reason he shouldn't at least be in the AFC Championship game every season.

Ben, Brown, Bell, Smith-Schuster, Byrant, McDonald, Rogers and Darius Heywardbey plus 3 pro bowl lineman. We averaged 25 points a game. Half the coaches in the league would average 35 with that offense. Belicheck wouldn't have a game under 40. 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 09:44 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Ben, Brown, Bell, Smith-Schuster, Byrant, McDonald, Rogers and Darius Heywardbey plus 3 pro bowl lineman. We averaged 25 points a game. Half the coaches in the league would average 35 with that offense. Belicheck wouldn't have a game under 40. 

I hate how the Rooney's stick with him every year. He reminds me of the Braves manager Bobby Cox. He had a very talented team and could take them to the playoffs but then choked when he got there. The Steelers win in spite of Tomlin. Until they get a real coach, we'll be stuck with just winning divisional titles and hoping a couple playoff teams lose 100 IQ points before they face the Steelers, so Tomlin has a fighting chance to beat them.
Reply/Quote
It'll be interesting to see how the Pats play defensively against the Jags. I will boldly predict Bortles will not have anywhere to run. I see a spy in Bortles' future.

Bortles really didn't have a good day yesterday. Did his usual miss a lot of easy throws thing, like always. He made a few good throws in key spots. All in all, Butler had his ass handed to him.

Hell, Buffalo held them to 10 in Jacksonville and if Tyrod Taylor wasn't so awful, the Steelers would have been playing the Bills.

I can't imagine the Jags' offense putting up 38 on the Pats.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote