Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When Bernard gets 20 touches
(09-18-2018, 12:26 PM)BengalD Wrote: So I'm guessing we'll see a bit of Whalton and Carson spelling Gio every now and then?  They both had their moments in pre-season.

Carson? Yeah.

Walton? Not so much.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 01:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Carson? Yeah.

Walton? Not so much.

Walton had a lot of very nice 1 to -1 yard runs
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 04:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Walton had a lot of very nice 1 to -1 yard runs

Being consistent is important!
Reply/Quote
Like Gio and am a fan.

But he is not even close to the back Mixon is.

Need Carson to step up and help Gio tote this load.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 04:55 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Like Gio and am a fan.

But he is not even close to the back Mixon is.

Need Carson to step up and help Gio tote this load.

Always agree with you but i think Gio has averaged a better YPC since Mixon got here so i think he is a little closer
than you say Go Cards. Mixon's upside and potential is through the roof though no question.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 05:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Always agree with you but i think Gio has averaged a better YPC since Mixon got here so i think he is a little closer
than you say Go Cards. Mixon's upside and potential is through the roof though no question.

Gio is an excellent back in his niche, 3rd down, receiving, gadget plays, off tackle stuff etc. And.......

He is fully capable of stepping out of his wheelhouse and doing some work. How much work ? Or in other words if you tried to give him 25 carries a game up the middle for 2-4 weeks ??????

They'll spell him with Carson and it's not like Gio is a piece of glass. They just gotta use him inside with some smarts. 

Against Carolina we'll probably be running it some. Against the Falcons it'll probably be fairly high scoring and running it to much won't be an issue, I'd guess.
Reply/Quote
Bernard is not a waif. He is 5-9 and a very solid 205.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 12:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I like Gio but man is he ever overrated sometimes. Every time he's had an opportunity to take over as lead back, he's either gotten injured or just disappointed. I've seen this guy compared to LeSean McCoy which is homerism at it's finest. Bernard is closer to Darren Sproles, but I wouldn't quite put him on Sproles level. He's not as explosive or as versatile as a prime Sproles.

He has value for sure and I love having him as a backup, but I do think we overpaid a bit, considering Gio is the 15th highest paid RB currently.

This ^^

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 12:46 PM)Millhouse Wrote: He is probably overpaid, but only because he just happens to be here and not being fully utilized like he should have been. Put him on a team like the Saints, Eagles, Patriots, etc., then he wouldn't be overpaid.

He's gotten 200+ touches per year here. He's proven he can't take on a bigger role, so I don't know how that'd change elsewhere.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
heavy RB screens on sunday... to get gio out of the tackle box.
Reply/Quote
Thomas Rawls was just signed and Tra Carson waived. Apparently Carson pulled a hamstring Monday in practice. Dude has terrible luck.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2018/9/19/17878872/nfl-free-agents-bengals-sign-thomas-rawls-waive-tra-carson?utm_campaign=cincyjungle&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 12:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Thomas Rawls was just signed and Tra Carson waived. Apparently Carson pulled a hamstring Monday in practice. Dude has terrible luck.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2018/9/19/17878872/nfl-free-agents-bengals-sign-thomas-rawls-waive-tra-carson?utm_campaign=cincyjungle&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to do security at CMU back when Rawls played there. He was an absolute beast for them and had a great rookie year in Seattle in 2015.

He hasn't done much since then (injuries), but I still love the signing.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 01:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I used to do security at CMU back when Rawls played there. He was an absolute beast for them and had a great rookie year in Seattle in 2015.

He hasn't done much since then (injuries), but I still love the signing.

Fingers crossed he can return to his old self.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 02:27 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Fingers crossed he can return to his old self.

We can do this with Gio, as I expect Rawls won't be up to speed with plays for 2 weeks. He might get some carries this week, but I wouldn't imagine him getting to much.
Reply/Quote
Why did Gios injury status go from healthy to questionable in my fantasy league
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 04:56 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Why did Gios injury status go from healthy to questionable in my fantasy league

apparent knee injury
Reply/Quote
After looking it up in Twitter sounds like he’ll be back to full go tomorrow but if he’s not and with the signing of Rawls im getting nervous especially since i don’t trust this o line to repeat Thursday’s efforts
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote