Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Do Girl Scout Cookies Go Bad?
I've had boxes of Girl Scout Cookies in my refrigerator and I decided that I wanted some after dinner.

I looked at the expiration date and it said they expired 6 months ago, UNLESS I REFRIGERATE THEM.

I ate half the box and they tasted good, so are they still ok since I refrigerated them?
Reply/Quote
Girl Scouts generally go bad when they meet Uncle Fred.
Reply/Quote
On a more serious not I doubt there is anything that will go bad enough to make you sick. The expiration dates on most items like cookies have to do with taste and freshness.

So you have nothing to worry about.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like a trap to a bad joke.

Like Fred said, not going to hurt you and probably lasted longer per refrigerating.

Do a test, eat one or two and see how your stomach takes it. 

But would not sweat it personally. Of course my Do Si Dos get eaten long before the date.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 11:08 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Sounds like a trap to a bad joke.

Like Fred said, not going to hurt you and probably lasted longer per refrigerating.

Do a test, eat one or two and see how your stomach takes it. 

But would not sweat it personally. Of course my Do Si Dos get eaten long before the date.

Si dos hos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
He did it all for the nookie.

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 09:25 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I've had boxes of Girl Scout Cookies in my refrigerator and I decided that I wanted some after dinner.

I looked at the expiration date and it said they expired 6 months ago, UNLESS I REFRIGERATE THEM.

I ate half the box and they tasted good, so are they still ok since I refrigerated them?

I have eaten them up to 2 years frozen after buy date.... but only cause I forgot I had them or else they don't last long
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 10:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Girl Scouts generally go bad when they meet Uncle Fred.

Such a creepy sentence...
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 01:12 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Such a creepy sentence...

Uncle Moose Knuckle.

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 09:25 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I've had boxes of Girl Scout Cookies in my refrigerator and I decided that I wanted some after dinner.

They peak after going through their first nuclear war, and start going stale after the third.  So they're good for a while.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 07:53 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Uncle Moose Knuckle.

sometimes, i'll pull my workout pants WAY up and show the wife the ol' moose knuckle, much to her chagrin.    LOL! 

I keep my girl scout cookies in the freezer, in fact I just opened up a box of thin mints a couple months ago that I had bought 2 years ago.  they tasted fine to me.  I don't think they have a shelf life.  I think you could even possibly save them for the upcoming apocalypse and be just fine.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote

Yeah I was a little creeped out myself, especially since the dude is probably around 40-50 years old... 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
With the exception of fresh food products (i.e. meat, dairy, etc.) expiration dates are purely for quality purposes.

After said date, it might not taste right, or might be flat if it was a carbonated beverage, or not guaranteed to be effective (medication).

Without that date on the package, someone will literally try to demand a refund because it wasn't as good as it should have been.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 07:45 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: He did it all for the nookie.

He can take this...

[Image: med104889_1009_hom001_l_vert.jpg?itok=KurVjTut]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 08:52 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He can take this...

[Image: med104889_1009_hom001_l_vert.jpg?itok=KurVjTut]

And stick it up.. wait, I can’t do it. Mellow

Reply/Quote
Even though they're WAY over priced I still can't resist some cute little kid standing at my door asking if I want to over pay for a box of cookies I'll have to wait 3 months to get. 
I'm just a sucker for kids selling stuff..
A few years ago some kid came up to my garage asking if I would support their group to go on a trip . He looked terrified that I was going to sick my dog on him so I bought a box of extraordinarily stale tootsie rolls for way more than they were worth . I figured that if the kid could summon the courage to ask he earned it even if it was the only sale he ever made in his entire life . I still have the box full of stale tootsie rolls..
I don't know ... Some cute little kid could probably be selling nuclear waste and I'd buy it. I still remember the door to door gig when I was a kid. * see my post about selling Christmas cards in the dead of summer.  Lol
"You don't wanna buy some Christmas cards do ya?"

To answer your question about freshness, staleness is baked into the process to avoid the question of when it might go bad.. They're technically bad before they're actually made to insulated you from expectations of freshness.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 01:46 PM)grampahol Wrote: Even though they're WAY over priced I still can't resist some cute little kid standing at my door asking if I want to over pay for a box of cookies I'll have to wait 3 months to get. 

Use the force Gramps!

[Image: 1Xjz.gif]

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 01:46 PM)grampahol Wrote: Even though they're WAY over priced I still can't resist some cute little kid standing at my door asking if I want to over pay for a box of cookies I'll have to wait 3 months to get. 
I'm just a sucker for kids selling stuff..
A few years ago some kid came up to my garage asking if I would support their group to go on a trip . He looked terrified that I was going to sick my dog on him so I bought a box of extraordinarily stale tootsie rolls for way more than they were worth . I figured that if the kid could summon the courage to ask he earned it even if it was the only sale he ever made in his entire life . I still have the box full of stale tootsie rolls..
I don't know ... Some cute little kid could probably be selling nuclear waste and I'd buy it. I still remember the door to door gig when I was a kid. * see my post about selling Christmas cards in the dead of summer.  Lol
"You don't wanna buy some Christmas cards do ya?"

To answer your question about freshness, staleness is baked into the process to avoid the question of when it might go bad.. They're technically bad before they're actually made to insulated you from expectations of freshness.. 

I can't recall the last time I saw a Girl Scout go door to door.

I always see them outside the grocery stores or Sam's Club pushing their crack from a table.

If I mention that I don't have any cash while they are accosting me to buy, they always are quick to respond "We take credit cards!"
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 10:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Girl Scouts generally go bad when they meet Uncle Fred.

I got kicked out of the Cub Scouts for eating a Brownie Pervert
Reply/Quote
[Image: lesbian-girl-scouts.jpg]

Reply/Quote