Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Going to Games do You?
When going to games do you give money to the mass of homeless people? I noticed that it seems there are more and more homeless out during the games. Also when you cross the bridge on foot they are stuffed in the corners a lot of times. Also when I have crossed the bridge on foot, I notice a lot of black people tend to walk up on me as if they are wanting to start a conversation or throw me off the bridge. I don't know if this is becoming a trend or not but has anyone had this problem lately. I have crossed the bridge like 3 times on foot and this seems to be an issue. (Please note I am not a racist) but I honestly have had this happen on more than one occasion.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 05:21 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Also when I have crossed the bridge on foot, I notice a lot of black people tend to walk up on me as if they are wanting to start a conversation or throw me off the bridge.  I don't know if this is becoming a trend or not but has anyone had this problem lately.  

If I'm being honest with myself, yes, I have thought about throwing you off the bridge.  Shit, I never thought the day would come where I'd say that out loud.

:jk:  buddy  Hilarious
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 05:29 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: If I'm being honest with myself, yes, I have thought about throwing you off the bridge.  Shit, I never thought the day would come where I'd say that out loud.

:jk:  buddy  Hilarious

LOL.  I am being serious.  LOL.  That bridge creeps me out from time to time..  cause there is no where to run.
Reply/Quote
You don't need to be homeless in order to panhandle.

Some of the better ones make a lot of money.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The fountain area downtown is scarier.

We traveled to Cincinnati to see the game and the homeless seemed non-confrontational.

Like what was mentioned... some of those panhandlers probably aren't homeless.

We walked around downtown and the fountain area seemed seedy... like someone could rob you at any given time.

Some people looked like serious drug addicts.

Am I wrong here? Maybe because it was approaching evening on a weekend night?

I am not a native... so I don't know.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Never really spend much time in the 'Nati outside of Bengal games, so I can't speak to the situation downtown. But, the panhandlers I see near PBS have always been non-confrontational. Hell, they never have even spoken to me once. They just stand there with their signs. Of course, there's a large police force outside the stadium, so there's a huge incentive not to be confrontational.

There are also a couple of guys that play instruments there. There's usually a guy playing guitar, one on drums, and a guy that plays a great version of Bengal Growl on his sax. They usually seem to get pretty good contributions. Though, I guess you'd call those 'tips' since there's a performance element.
Reply/Quote
They all drive over from Pittsburgh!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 12:45 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: They all drive over from Pittsburgh!

Maybe, but do black folks leave you alone on the bridge?  That seems to be the issue.
Reply/Quote