Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Marijuana Becomes Legal.......
(06-28-2017, 04:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: Do you see teenagers drinking in public all over the place with no cares?

Different situation with different effects on the body.

For one, teens can't drink and still function at 100%, whereas smoking marijuana can have little-to-no effect on how most teens operate.
(06-28-2017, 04:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Different situation with different effects on the body.

For one, teens can't drink and still function at 100%, whereas smoking marijuana can have little-to-no effect on how most teens operate.

Bypassing the weird over generalizations of the effects of alcohol and marijuana, both are illegal. To perform the act in public would have similar results if caught, so it is a fair comparison. So to my question again, do you see teens freely drinking in the streets? If you are dead set on it being different then, do you see kids freely smoking tobacco? The answer some may, most will wait and do it in hiding, which will be a similar response to everything teens do they shouldn't.

In summary "think of the children" is literally the worst reason to do ,or not do, anything.
(06-28-2017, 04:32 PM)Au165 Wrote: Bypassing the weird over generalizations of the effects of alcohol and marijuana, both are illegal. To perform the act in public would have similar results if caught, so it is a fair comparison. So to my question again, do you see teens freely drinking in the streets? If you are dead set on it being different then, do you see kids freely smoking tobacco? The answer some may, most will wait and do it in hiding, which will be a similar response to everything teens do they shouldn't.

In summary "think of the children" is literally the worst reason to do ,or not do, anything.

I don't hang around kids so I have no idea how much they smoke in public, but I'll still see the occasional teen (and a lot of them in pictures) smoking cigarettes, and it was pretty common when I was a teen for kids under 18 to smoke cigarettes.
(06-28-2017, 05:34 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I don't hang around kids so I have no idea how much they smoke in public, but I'll still see the occasional teen (and a lot of them in pictures) smoking cigarettes, and it was pretty common when I was a teen for kids under 18 to smoke cigarettes.

In public, as in common view, as in anyone walking down a road would see it. My point is simple, being illegal has not stopped them from smoking marijuana now the same way cigarettes and alcohol being illegal for teens, but legal for those who's age qualifies, doesn't stop them. I'd contend the ease of access to teens goes down because the distribution of it being regulated. Regulation would make them less willing to break laws and sell to minors versus the current distribution chains (drug dealers) that have no more penalty selling it to the 16 year old than to the 60 year old.
(06-28-2017, 11:19 AM)GMDino Wrote: Yet Ric Ocasek has parlayed into STILL being married to a proper woman   Shocked

[Image: model-paulina-porizkova-age-50-talks-abo...k-work.jpg]

That boy looks like Roy Orbison and Keith Richards contributed to a love-child with Twiggy.... and then it got old!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
If they want to get it they will get it.

I could buy beer before i could drive thanks to a full beard at 15.

The good thing is maybe if it were legal where they would get it from. Instead of going to an illegal drug dealer and being exposed to the other options of meth coke crack heroin pills etc it might just be the "cool" parent like we used to have who bought alcohol for the teens.
I dont get why it isnt legalized and federally taxed.

40% to healthcare 40% to infrastructure. 20% to accomplish Republicans primary goal and pay for a taxt cut for the rich.
If it were to become legal in KY (highly doubt it), I know a lot of those teens would benefit from the uptick in HVAC /electrician jobs. Unfortunately, like so many things, the Religious right is stifling their progress and they will be so far behind the curve that major cultivation / distribution centers will already be established and all their product will come from other states.

It's a real shame big pharma has been able to direct the narrative and demonize a gd plant. And you have people who regularly rail against the opiod problem in the area who cannot connect the dots. Unreal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
What makes anyone think that weed may become legal in more States, than it already is? The latest stats from the auto insurance industry are showing that vehicle crashes are up in legal weed States, and even showing a correlation with the highest increases being in the State with legal weed the longest.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/21/auto-crashes-are-on-the-rise-in-marijuana-states.html

[quote][/After crunching the numbers, the institute said collision claims since marijuana was legalized are up 16 percent in Colorado, 6.2 percent in Washington and 4.5 percent in Oregon.

"Colorado has had legal pot sales the longest and it is showing the greatest effect," said Moore. "Meanwhile, Oregon has had pot sales for the shortest amount of time, so its increase is the lowest, but that could change over time."

The study comes as more states are considering legislation to approve pot sales. Opponents say legalization will lead to a number of problems including the increased likelihood of people driving under the influence.quote]

Seems like this is going to be a crushing blow to those hopeful of getting weed to be legal in their State. Because when the crash rate goes up, the auto insurance rate goes up... for everyone in that State, not just the weed smokers.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-28-2017, 07:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What makes anyone think that weed may become legal in more States, than it already is?  The latest stats from the auto insurance industry are showing that vehicle crashes are up in legal weed States, and even showing a correlation with the highest increases being in the State with legal weed the longest.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/21/auto-crashes-are-on-the-rise-in-marijuana-states.html

Quote:[/After crunching the numbers, the institute said collision claims since marijuana was legalized are up 16 percent in Colorado, 6.2 percent in Washington and 4.5 percent in Oregon.

"Colorado has had legal pot sales the longest and it is showing the greatest effect," said Moore. "Meanwhile, Oregon has had pot sales for the shortest amount of time, so its increase is the lowest, but that could change over time."

The study comes as more states are considering legislation to approve pot sales. Opponents say legalization will lead to a number of problems including the increased likelihood of people driving under the influence.quote]

Seems like this is going to be a crushing blow to those hopeful of getting weed to be legal in their State.  Because when the crash rate goes up, the auto insurance rate goes up... for everyone in that State, not just the weed smokers.
"Moore said another reason it's hard to determine exactly how many accidents are caused by stoned drivers is that drivers testing positive for having THC often have alcohol in their system as well"

"his study does not say if the increase in collisions in the three states were directly caused by drivers who were high."

Alcohol can dedfinitely cause some wrecks. Need to get rid of it. Drinking and eating while driving. Passengers. Cell phones. Radios. GPS. The sun. Snow. Cars. 

Hell. All the costs and deaths caused by obesity. We should all be walking anyway. Ban it all.
(06-28-2017, 04:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Makes sense because it's not as rebellious thing to do once it's legal at some level, but I think that kids also doing less of it now kind of skews the numbers on what the effect of legalization had on the usage (you were right all along about less kids using it, but it's about the kids who are using it just being more public and open about it).

Also, my question was more about the acceptable usage in public.  You always used to be able to see teens smoking in public who were obviously not 18 and I was wondering would it be as common to see them smoking marijuana as it is to see them smoking cigarettes? 

It's still illegal to smoke pot in public in Colorado, so I doubt it. Also, the reason why teens are probably more likely to smoke cigarettes in public is because smoking cigarettes in public is legal, but I also can't remember the last time I saw someone young enough to question their age smoking in public. I barely see older people doing it.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]