Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Trump resigns.
When the Mueller investigation is finished it will be reveled that Trump indeed is guilty of obstruction of justice and collusion. Money laundering, trafficking women, tax evasion among the many charges that will brought against him. Hence, why he never showed his tax returns. Mueller will try to prosecute him and send him to prison. He will plea down and agree to resign to avoid prison. This is my prediction. My question is when this happens do the tax payers have to provide secret service protection for him and his family for life even though he resigned in disgrace?
You are about to enter another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination. Next stop, the Twilight Zone!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I don't know what the Mueller investigation will bring, but I don't think Trump resigns at this point. He's been able to lawyer his way out of bankruptcies, lawsuits, swindling others and pretty much every problem. He's living proof there's two different legal systems in the US, one for those with wealth and one for those who have to hope trials are short.

I used to think he would resign at some point, but I don't see why he would. He can get away with pretty much anything and his followers are still supportive.
And, if he does resign? I'll still take your cornbread from you, and eat it right in front of you. Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Serious answer to a ridiculous question:

Yes; as long as he resigns.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

I doubt there will be any huge bombshells in Meullers report, but Trump will never have to plea to anything. Pence will pardon him before he is even charged with anything just like Ford did with Nixon.
You guys bring up a good point. If Trump resigns the mannequin who refers to his wife as mommy would take over. I guess we'll screwed either way . Cry
(11-09-2018, 06:59 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: You guys bring up a good point. If Trump resigns the mannequin who refers to his wife as mommy would take over. I guess we'll screwed either way . Cry

By the time we'd actually get to that point it would be the last year of the term and he'd take over as a lame duck so it's not like he'd get ananything done.
I only see Trump resigning if Mueller indicts his favorite child and his resignation saves her from trial.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Mueller report is only just that...a report.

I didn't think it/he could recommend charges against the POTUS and that was up to Congress.

Again, maybe I heard that wrong.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Slick Willie's approval rating went up during his whole scandal and investigation, so perhaps the left-wing should tread carefully if they really want the WH back in 2020.

[Image: Clinton_approval_rating.png]
(11-09-2018, 11:26 AM)GMDino Wrote: Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Mueller report is only just that...a report.

I didn't think it/he could recommend charges against the POTUS and that was up to Congress.

Again, maybe I heard that wrong.

That's pretty much correct. I imagine someone will ask him in some form if he would recommend charges. But, ultimately, the only thing that the report can do is serve as encouragement/discouragement for impeachment. I'd say it could serve as a foundation, but hell, Trump has done enough to start impeachment anyway. 

There is an outside chance, though, that the report indirectly serves as a reason for Trump to resign. It's unlikely, but if Mueller's investigation looks like any of the non-POTUS members of the Trump family might have done something wrong (like, I dunno, Junior working with Russian officials), it's possible Trump could try to work out a deal.
(11-09-2018, 02:18 PM)Benton Wrote: That's pretty much correct. I imagine someone will ask him in some form if he would recommend charges. But, ultimately, the only thing that the report can do is serve as encouragement/discouragement for impeachment. I'd say it could serve as a foundation, but hell, Trump has done enough to start impeachment anyway. 

There is an outside chance, though, that the report indirectly serves as a reason for Trump to resign. It's unlikely, but if Mueller's investigation looks like any of the non-POTUS members of the Trump family might have done something wrong (like, I dunno, Junior working with Russian officials), it's possible Trump could try to work out a deal.

He's worked lots of deals to avoid having to admit guilt...but would he give up his most powerful position ever?

Jebus...he might throw Junior under the bus and hope the legal system stretches it out long enough that he can just "not run" again.
There is talk that the Dems in the house want to subpoena Trumps tax returns. If you have nothing to hide whats the big deal?
I can't stand the guy, but it's probably better for the country if the Dems don't head down the impeachment road. Polarization is our reality, but it can always get worse, believe it or not. Impeaching a president for anything short of bald-faced treason or stealing would make it worse.

The only way to stop Trump and repudiate his policies is to vote him out in 2020. That's it. If anything, an impeachment circus would benefit him and galvanize his base behind him. I think a drawn out attempt at getting him out before 2020 guarantees him 4 more years if it isn't successful.
(11-09-2018, 06:39 PM)samhain Wrote: I can't stand the guy, but it's probably better for the country if the Dems don't head down the impeachment road.  Polarization is our reality, but it can always get worse, believe it or not.  Impeaching a president for anything short of bald-faced treason or stealing would make it worse.  

The only way to stop Trump and repudiate his policies is to vote him out in 2020.  That's it.  If anything, an impeachment circus would benefit him and galvanize his base behind him.  I think a drawn out attempt at getting him out before 2020 guarantees him 4 more years if it isn't successful.

Rep.

Impeachment without 100% slam dunk facts against Trump would hurt the Dems more than it would help.

If you want to stop his policies then win more elections.
(11-09-2018, 06:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rep.

Impeachment without 100% slam dunk facts against Trump would hurt the Dems more than it would help.

If you want to stop his policies then win more elections.

The only way that I see impeachment as an option is if a majority of BOTH Republicans and Democrats in the legislature decide that it's needed.  That's not realistic unless he does something so egregious that no Republican would want him hanging around their neck when election time comes.  We aren't there yet.

I'd love to know if he's done something illegal or if he's abusing his power, but I think it might be better to let that come to light and have the people decide at the polls.  There's a fairly high bar for impeaching a president.
(11-08-2018, 06:23 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: When the Mueller investigation is finished it will be reveled that Trump indeed is guilty of obstruction of justice and collusion. Money laundering, trafficking women, tax evasion among the many charges that will brought against him. Hence, why he never showed his tax returns. Mueller will try to prosecute him and send him to prison. He will plea down and agree to resign to avoid prison. This is my prediction. My question is when this happens do the tax payers have to provide secret service protection for him and his family for life even though he resigned in disgrace?

All those things are in his tax returns? We might need to take a look at the IRS then.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Mueller is getting closer. Trump is getting more nervous and agitated. When the truth finally comes out about what a crook and turd Trump is will the Trump fan boys on here admit they were wrong or still do the Sanders stink eye routine? I for one will forgive them for being duped!
(11-14-2018, 07:57 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Mueller is getting closer. Trump is getting more nervous and agitated. When the truth finally comes out about what a crook and turd Trump is will the Trump fan boys on here admit they were wrong or still do the Sanders stink eye routine? I for one will forgive them for being duped!

I, like all of us, have no idea what will be in any final report...but I made a comment elsewhere that guys like Trump should never want to be elected to anything above the local level.  The light is too bright and EVERYTHING they did/do gets looked at.  Trump was either to full of bravado or too dumb to realize that.  Now, thanks to his shady/stupid moves during the campaign he is getting more attention than his lawyers can ever handle and HE can't handle it.