Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
When Were Wild Card Game Times Set?
Were the game times for Wild Card weekend pre-set with a seed plays a certain seed on a day and time regardless of teams?

If not, it just goes to show the NFL’s bias towards the Ravens by making them travel cross-country and play a game that would be at 10 am on their internal clock.

Wouldn’t be shocking since the NFL likes teams that employ women-beaters and murderers.
Reply/Quote
Already set.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 07:27 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Already set.

Have a link?
Reply/Quote
Nah I’m just guessing.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 07:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Were the game times for Wild Card weekend pre-set with a seed plays a certain seed on a day and time regardless of teams?

If not, it just goes to show the NFL’s bias towards the Ravens by making them travel cross-country and play a game that would be at 10 am on their internal clock.

Wouldn’t be shocking since the NFL likes teams that employ women-beaters and murderers.

First of all, the way you wrote that first sentence makes it sound like you think that it was the Ravens who had to travel across the country. Don't worry, though; I've been deciphering your posts for years and I know what you meant.

I'll admit that it is curious they did it that way - it does seem like it would have been better for the game in Chicago to be the early game.

That being said, I doubt that starting the game three hours earlier would be a major problem for a West Coast team. I did the research: in the past ten years teams from the West (including AZ and Den) were 4-8 in the later games (4 or later) and 4-3 and the 1:00 games.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 04:39 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: First of all, the way you wrote that first sentence makes it sound like you think that it was the Ravens who had to travel across the country.  Don't worry, though; I've been deciphering your posts for years and I know what you meant.  

I'll admit that it is curious they did it that way - it does seem like it would have been better for the game in Chicago to be the early game.

That being said, I doubt that starting the game three hours earlier would be a major problem for a West Coast team.  I did the research: in the past ten years teams from the West (including AZ and Den) were 4-8 in the later games (4 or later) and 4-3 and the 1:00 games.

Link to your research?  

They need context.  For instance, were all of the games you mentioned west coast teams playing in the east coast time zone?

Two west coast teams playing at 1 in New York time is different than a west coast team playing an east coast team at 1 in New York time, especially if the west coast team needs to travel to the New York time zone.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 08:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Link to your research?  

They need context.  For instance, were all of the games you mentioned west coast teams playing in the east coast time zone?

Two west coast teams playing at 1 in New York time is different than a west coast team playing an east coast team at 1 in New York time, especially if the west coast team needs to travel to the New York time zone.

You have too much time on your hands if you’re thinking of this bullshit.

You need a woman.
Reply/Quote
Chargers were 3-0 in "10:00 a.m." games this season (at Buffalo, Cleveland, & Baltimore).
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 09:40 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: You have too much time on your hands if you’re thinking of this bullshit.

You need a woman.

Ha!

Steelers and Ravens fans hate logical thinking because it hurts their simple brains!
Reply/Quote
[Image: HappygoluckyInnocentAssassinbug-small.gif]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I'd like to think that the NFL waits and schedules based on the  best possible ratings.  That would explain New England and heir 41 year old QB getting the most rest before their first playoff game.

I'm just sure that is why.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 11:42 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'd like to think that the NFL waits and schedules based on the  best possible ratings.  That would explain New England and heir 41 year old QB getting the most rest before their first playoff game.

I'm just sure that is why.   Mellow

The Patriots have played their opening playoff game on a Saturday in each of the last 5 years.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 01:50 PM)34inXXIII Wrote: The Patriots have played their opening playoff game on a Saturday in each of the last 5 years.

I'm talking about this year when they have had some struggles.

Why do Bengals fans always live in the past?  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 02:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: Why do Bengals fans always live in the past?  Ninja

Just like my beloved Bengals, I'm just trying to make Steelers fans feel at home. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 02:35 PM)34inXXIII Wrote: Just like my beloved Bengals, I'm just trying to make Steelers fans feel at home. Smirk

I miss seeing your sig. You don't post as much in Smack. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 08:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Link to your research?  

Link to my research?  Gosh you’re lazy. 

But since you’re you, I'll explain it to you.  Each season’s results can be found on http://www.pro-football-reference.com.  Click on ‘seasons’, pick the one you want, and scroll down to the playoff results. The boxscore tells you the start time.

As for 'context’, none of the games I looked at involved two west coast teams.  They all involve western teams that had to travel to the east.

The point is, it wouldn’t make any sense for the league to go to great lengths to give a team an ‘advantage’ that statistically is no advantage at all. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 10:32 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I miss seeing your sig. You don't post as much in Smack. 

I hadn't posted on this site at all in about 3 years. Needed time away after the old forum was shut down, I guess. Twitter became a more appropriate forum for me. Forces me to be brief and works well with my sense of humor (which becomes more & more important every year).

Marvin's exit, however, provided something of a catharsis for me. I finally felt like interacting here again and getting back in touch with some of those I don't see on Twitter. Naturally, I had to at least dabble a little bit in Smack Talk as well, even though that was never really a strength of mine. Nice to see so many old friends in here as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 11:26 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Link to my research?  Gosh you’re lazy. 

But since you’re you, I'll explain it to you.  Each season’s results can be found on http://www.pro-football-reference.com.  Click on ‘seasons’, pick the one you want, and scroll down to the playoff results. The boxscore tells you the start time.

As for 'context’, none of the games I looked at involved two west coast teams.  They all involve western teams that had to travel to the east.  

The point is, it wouldn’t make any sense for the league to go to great lengths to give a team an ‘advantage’ that statistically is no advantage at all. 

So you want me to go through and click each game and find the start time and calculate time zones and traveling?

If you had gone through all that trouble, you would have just posted the link for each one and the results.

Translation: I'm fairly certain that you're full of shit.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So you want me to go through and click each game and find the start time and calculate time zones and traveling?

If you had gone through all that trouble, you would have just posted the link for each one and the results.

Translation: I'm fairly certain that you're full of shit.

They come several days BEFORE the game. When the game time starts, their internal clock should be adjusted appropriately since they've already been there for days. Therefore there is no advantage for the home team based on start time. There, now I saved you time researching it since you seem allergic to doing anything manual without having it done for you already.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 04:08 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: They come several days BEFORE the game. When the game time starts, their internal clock should be adjusted appropriately since they've already been there for days. Therefore there is no advantage for the home team based on start time. There, now I saved you time researching it since you seem allergic to doing anything manual without having it done for you already.

NFL teams travel a day or two before games, meaning you're full of shit, like always. 

Regardless, do you a few days (it's not several), could reset a person's clock that has been set by years or even months of getting used to one time zone?

Once again, you're full of shit.
Reply/Quote