Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Will Marjuana Be Legalized?
I think once there is a test that will show if a person is high at that moment is made, that's when Marijuana will be legalized. Until then, it is a State Issue since it seems like the Federal Government is staying out of the States business at this time on this particular issue.

I just wish Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana would legalize the drug. Opiates are doing me more harm than good and I believe Marijuana will be much more beneficial for me.
Pretty sure there are blood tests that show if someone has smoked in the past few hours.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-31-2018, 03:11 AM)treee Wrote: Pretty sure there are blood tests that show if someone has smoked in the past few hours.

THC has a half life of 30 days and remains in your fat cells for up to 7 years.
Then there's the invasion of privacy for a blood test, they can get your urine or make you blow a breathalyzer but they aren't allowed to take your blood without a court order, at least I think anyway.

There needs to be a field test or something that will hold up in court. 
(05-31-2018, 03:26 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: THC has a half life of 30 days

Actually what stays in your system is a metabolite of THC after the active THC has broken down.  Test results show different levels of this metabolite and active THC.

But I believe that requires a blood test.
Field sobriety tests are actually just as accurate as breathalyzer tests. It's not the ability to test an impaired driver that is keeping it illegal on a federal level. It's strictly moneyed interests (Pharma, alcohol and law enforcement lobbies) and federal agencies not wanting to lose budget. Both horrible reason's to make anything illegal, not to mention the lives that have been ruined by prohibition.
When an officer makes a stop he should be armed with a bag of Doritos. He simply places them on the hood of the suspect's car when the suspect is asked to exit the vehicle. If the first thing the suspect does is go for the Doritos then guilty.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Yeah let's just get it over with. It's going to happen. Take the added tax money.

Just out of curiosity, if the federal govt wanted to, could they just raid all the stores that sell marijuana where it's legal in the state? It ssems you could face some serious prison time if someone in the federal gov't decides they want to be a dick.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-31-2018, 09:04 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: It's not the ability to test an impaired driver that is keeping it illegal on a federal level. It's strictly moneyed interests (Pharma, alcohol and law enforcement lobbies) and federal agencies not wanting to lose budget.

^This

Plus political interests. Some politicians make a lot of hack opposing it when they have base constituencies which generally buy into the propaganda from 60 years ago that pot equals heroine.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
You need support in the government first and foremost. You also need buy-in from the states.

Unfortunately, too many people have some pretty wild misconceptions about pot and many support the industries that are fighting against it (big pharma, tobacco, alcohol, for profit prisons, prison guard and police unions).
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

I think that when states see how much money their neighbors are making, it will start speeding things up. My state of CT is a financial dumpster fire, and we're poised to see how much money Massachusetts is going to make.
Right now everyone is keeping their eyes on Colorado. It is the test case. When they see it is not destroying the state then everyone will jump in.

Funny how most of the people who claim they want "less government control" also want the government to keep people from smoking pot.
(05-31-2018, 09:32 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah let's just get it over with. It's going to happen. Take the added tax money.

Just out of curiosity, if the federal govt wanted to, could they just raid all the stores that sell marijuana where it's legal in the state? It ssems you could face some serious prison time if someone in the federal gov't decides they want to be a dick.

Yes, federal agents can go into, shutdown and confiscate all marijuana products. Problem is, not enough federal agents to enforce the law by themselves. They rely on local support and cooperation, that’s what has been legally removed by the states legalizing it.
It can't come soon enough in my eyes.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

I legalized it in my new divorce/ bachlor pad in early May.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(05-31-2018, 09:32 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah let's just get it over with.  It's going to happen.  Take the added tax money.

Might as well do the same with prostitution.

On a related note, can we not only make it legal for women to walk around topless, we make it a requirement, as well? ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
(05-31-2018, 03:24 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Might as well do the same with prostitution.

On a related note, can we not only make it legal for women to walk around topless, we make it a requirement, as well? ThumbsUp

Dude....  I don't know where you live....   But theres ALOT of women you don't want walking around topless lol
(05-31-2018, 02:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Right now everyone is keeping their eyes on Colorado.  It is the test case.  When they see it is not destroying the state then everyone will jump in.

Funny how most of the people who claim they want "less government control" also want the government to keep people from smoking pot.

It goes back to the Hey I don't like it so NO ONE should be able to do it. Merica.
(05-31-2018, 03:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dude....  I don't know where you live....   But theres ALOT of women you don't want walking around topless lol

You know, I've thought about it, but it'd be worth seeing a lot of saggy and undesirable boobs to see some mighty fine ones. LOL
[Image: giphy.gif]
Eh, the way Congress is cutting taxes we will be looking for new revenue streams, soon.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-31-2018, 03:24 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Might as well do the same with prostitution.

I've never understood the law against prostitution.  I can see ordinances against hanging out on the street soliciting, but the rest is just nonsense.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall