Poll: When all is said an done, who do we actually resign?
This poll is closed.
Marvin Jones
12.86%
9 12.86%
Mo Sanu
4.29%
3 4.29%
Geogre Iloka
12.86%
9 12.86%
Reggie Nelson
18.57%
13 18.57%
Leon Hall
8.57%
6 8.57%
Adam Jones
20.00%
14 20.00%
Vincent Rey
17.14%
12 17.14%
None of the Above
1.43%
1 1.43%
The team actually spends more than $15M and signs 3 of these guys
4.29%
3 4.29%
Total 70 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When all is said an done, who do we actually resign? [fixed]
When all is said an done, who do we actually resign?

Let's assume, for the purposes of this poll, that Hobson is right and the Bengals are only going to spend $15M in free agency this year. I'm leaving off the lower priced guys and Andre Smith for this.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
We re-sign one of our CBs one of our WRs and one of our safeties.

Not sure who we keep where.
Reply/Quote
MLJ, Reggie, Adam, Vinny is my guess.

Sanu is gone, George will get a monster pay day from somebody. Adam wants to be here and we want him back.

Vinny is cheap.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2016, 03:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We re-sign one of our CBs one of our WRs and one of our safeties.

Not sure who we keep where.

So..

Brandon Tate, Reggie and Pacman?
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals will retain four, Marvin Jones, Adam Jones, Reggie Nelson and George Iloka.
Reply/Quote
I've said all along that MLJ would be signed, but I'm less sure of that all the time. If he's chasing the money and gets an offer that the Bengals think is outrageous from someone else, then he's gone. I think there's a really good chance that something like that goes down. Same with Sanu. If he gets a 5 or 6 mil deal from someone else, I don't see the team matching it. It'll be a tough one to swallow.

I don't think MLJ is an easy guy to replace, but I also don't think the team will value him like someone willing to pay him as a low-end number1 WR. It'll be a painful move, but possibly the right one. We need to get acquainted with the idea that both these guys could be out.

I think Iloka is as good as gone, too. Reggie may stay, but I'm not so sure he doesn't get a big offer, too. He's an older player, but he was also one of if not the best safety in the league in 2015. That might get him more than the team wants to pay.

In the end I think we sign the following guys: Vinny Rey, Leon Hall, Reggie if he's reasonable, Gilberry and perhaps Pat Sims. My expectations are very low at this point.

Many including myself have been looking at this ass backwards from the team's perspective. We see this amount of cap and assume they're going to spend it all retaining guys regardless of how crazy their value gets when the market opens. I think once the numbers get to a point that the team views as too much, they're out regardless of what damage is done to the onfield product.

If Pacman, Reggie, Iloka, Sanu, and MLJ get insanely inflated offers, I think they're willing to let them all walk and not bat an eye. It's all about the negotiation for them.
Reply/Quote
I put down that we re-sign Nelson, Pacman, and Rey. Definitely the combination that I find most likely. I think we are going to pretty much pay Pacman whatever he wants (he was a shut down CB last year after all). I think all NFL teams are going to be considering Nelsons age when sending him a contact regardless of production last season, so I think he is going to stay loyal to us and return on a team friendly deal (2 years and then retire). Lastly, Rey will be retained as well. Definitely an underrated talent. The only thing that worries me (and I haven't really looked into any reports) but I fell like Zimmer or Huey boy is going to attempt to poach him from us. They know his real value.

But, thats my list. I see those 3 coming back.
Reply/Quote
I think we get Pac back, Vincent Rey, and Reggie Nelson only because he will be the cheaper option. Unfortunately I think Marvin Jones and Iloka are goners.
[Image: 29p43f6.png]

Quote:"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Reply/Quote
Browns pursuing Marvin Jones, Vikings pursuing Iloka. Per PFT and Cincy Jungle, respectively.
Reply/Quote
Vinny Rey, Reggie Nelson, and Pacman Jones because there the cheapest. What they should do is sign Iloka and Marvin Jones then call it a day.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 01:06 AM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: I put down that we re-sign Nelson, Pacman, and Rey. Definitely the combination that I find most likely. I think we are going to pretty much pay Pacman whatever he wants (he was a shut down CB last year after all). I think all NFL teams are going to be considering Nelsons age when sending him a contact regardless of production last season, so I think he is going to stay loyal to us and return on a team friendly deal (2 years and then retire). Lastly, Rey will be retained as well. Definitely an underrated talent. The only thing that worries me (and I haven't really looked into any reports) but I fell like Zimmer or Huey boy is going to attempt to poach him from us. They know his real value.

But, thats my list. I see those 3 coming back.

Ragnar shaved his head man. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Well, the Dolphins trading for Byron Maxwell should help us keep Adam Jones and Leon Hall.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 05:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well, the Dolphins trading for Byron Maxwell should help us keep Adam Jones and Leon Hall.

Good news.
Reply/Quote
Well we have around 1 day left until teams can officially sign free agents..

PLEASE BENGALS, RESIGN ILOKA AND MJ AND PACMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I think its going to be Pacman, Iloka, Sanu, and Vinny.

I can see a lot of you are optimistic that the Bengals are going to re-sign Marvin Jones, I hope you don't have your hopes too high...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote