Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When can Burfict begin practacing?
This might be a stupid question but the bye kind of screws me up here. Is Burfict eligible to begin practice the week prior to week 6 or during the bye week?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The day after the Buffalo game, he can be activated and he must be on the active 53-man roster within 3 weeks of that day. I'd imagine the team will not activate him until after the by week unless they are super confident he's going to be starting by week 8. If they aren't sure, I could see the team waiting until the Monday after the week 7 bye to activate him and start the 3 week clock. He won't get much meaningful practice during the by week in-terms of game prep.
Reply/Quote
Others might differ too, but knowing how Cincinnati seems to be very conservative and non-forthcoming with this stuff, I'd be shocked to see Burfict before week 11.

Essentially, teams have to wait through 6 games. They then have 5 weeks to activate him and 3 more weeks from activation day to dress him on the 53-man. So if they went the max, the Bengals could wait until the week 14 game to activate him if I interpret it correctly...
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 03:58 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: This might be a stupid question but the bye kind of screws me up here. Is Burfict eligible to begin practice the week prior to week 6 or during the bye week?

After week 6 has concluded....
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 04:13 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Others might differ too, but knowing how Cincinnati seems to be very conservative and non-forthcoming with this stuff, I'd be shocked to see Burfict before week 11.

Essentially, teams have to wait through 6 games. They then have 5 weeks to activate him and 3 more weeks from activation day to dress him on the 53-man. So if they went the max, the Bengals could wait until the week 14 game to activate him if I interpret it correctly...

i think thats how we handled mccarron last year if you need a time table
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 04:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i think thats how we handled mccarron last year if you need a time table

I think the Mccarron and Burfict situations are different. AJ was basically being redshirted so we kept him off the roster as long as possible. Burfict is a star player who was on the bubble as far as the PUP list goes. As long as he is in good shape with his recovery I'd expect to see him practicing with the team ASAP. However, I do believe that we will wait to add him to the roster until he is ready to play.
Reply/Quote
Thanks all for the replies. I didn't realize there was a little bit of flexibility based on how the team wants to handle bringing a player back.

In Burficts case I would imagine he'll chew some ears off if they don't make him eligible right away. He's got to be chomping at the bits to be a part of this week in and week out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote