Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When do we make the switch at QB?
(09-24-2019, 04:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So...a QB has to complete a higher percentage of his passes, for more ypa, have a higher TD% and a lower INT%, in order to have a higher rating, and that's comparable to one stat for an edge rusher?

So Keenum is not just a better QB than Andy Dalton?

He is also better than Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, and Matt Ryan?

LMAO

You are KILLING today.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 04:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So Keenum is not just a better QB than Andy Dalton?

He is also better than Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, and Matt Ryan?

LMAO

You are KILLING today.

Hilarious

"doing better", "this year". 

You and Phil are Chubby Checker-esque 'today'. 

But yes, if his rating is higher, he's "doing better" than them "this year". 

But what about touching on the point that you're comparing a rating system to a single stat. Solid; yes or no?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 01:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I will see your Robin Hood MiT and raise you a Kanye head shake. 

[Image: 70b9d2133563fd7f61ef3356d6775340883edced..._:original]

I'll just drop these links here (maybe you want to view, maybe you don't). It is........ Well.... Interesting to read through.

Once you do, you'll see how these thing never seem to sit well in hindsight, and why most Dalton critics have lost their credibility when it comes to picking our next qb.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Driskel-should-be-starter-next-year?highlight=McCarron

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-How-can-you-justify-NOT-starting-AJ-McCarron-the-rest-of-the-season?highlight=McCarron

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 04:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Except that one has a 100 rating while the other has an 89 rating. 

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut. I wouldn't want either one starting for my favorite team. 

Sure, one is more efficient, but the end results are basically the same.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 03:07 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If you build the team right, you won't NEED a franchise QB.

I agree with this we've seen plenty (majority) top 2 qb's in the draft fail. So hoping to draft one in the top 5 is a gamble.

Just look at Dalton who was a 2nd round pick that came into a situation with a strong Oline, run game, and defense and led the team to 5 straight playoff appearances.

The team didn't do good in 2010, but the foundation was there to plug in a qb.

This new qb they want is going to come into a situation where the foundation is aging at the end of their careers and looking at a full rebuild. Why bring a new QB into this situation?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I say we switch right now so people can STFU.

The line is terrible and it's comical that people defend these sorry ass players that we all thought were an absolute joke to re-sign, sign, play, start.

Jerry, Hart, Price(people already putting the bust label on), Miller, and MJ who we prayed would beat the others out because they suck so much.

I understand that Dalton is mediocre to above average at times but that line I just mentioned is TRASH.

Did anyone going into this pre-season think that Trey frickin' Hopkins was gonna be our best lineman?

C'mon. People claimed Mixon did it all by himself least season. I was one of them.

That line had Boling and Glenn at times.

They haven't gotten any better with talent there. Some might say worse.

Blind eye for Dalton hate.

I just wanna win and if Finley or Dolegala can get it done, then they can anywhere with any crap line.

We would have to have geniuses in our F/O if we magically picked not one, but two QBs, that could work with this garbage.

I don't have the same faith that some do on here for Blackburn, Brown, and Tobin.

Maybe our boy genius Zac got himself some hidden clutch QB gamers like his blocking TE.

Perhaps he can bring back Jordan Palmer to work with them like he does with Josh Allen.

Maybe teach them to use The Force to thwart all of those would-be tacklers.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 06:25 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I say we switch right now so people can STFU.

The line is terrible and it's comical that people defend these sorry ass players that we all thought were an absolute joke to re-sign, sign, play, start.

Jerry, Hart, Price(people already putting the bust label on), Miller, and MJ who we prayed would beat the others out because they suck so much.

I understand that Dalton is mediocre to above average at times but that line I just mentioned is TRASH.

Did anyone going into this pre-season think that Trey frickin' Hopkins was gonna be our best lineman?

C'mon.  People claimed Mixon did it all by himself least season.  I was one of them.

They haven't gotten any better with talent there.  Some might say worse.

I just wanna win and if Finley or Dolegala can get it done, then they can anywhere with any crap line.

We would have to have geniuses in our F/O if we magically picked not one, but two QBs, that could work with this garbage.

I don't have the same faith that some do on here for Blackburn, Brown, and Tobin.

Maybe our boy genius Zac got himself some hidden clutch QB gamers like his blocking TE.

Perhaps he can bring back Jordan Palmer to work with them like he does with Josh Allen.  

Speaking of Jordan Palmer, did anyone else catch the announcers talking about how Josh Allen worked with J. Palmer in the off-season? Definitely threw me for a loop.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 06:35 PM)treee Wrote: Speaking of Jordan Palmer, did anyone else catch the announcers talking about how Josh Allen worked with J. Palmer in the off-season? Definitely threw me for a loop.

Uh yeah.  It's in my post. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 06:48 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Uh yeah.  It's in my post. Tongue

Wow somehow I didn't completely read the last couple sentences haha. Saw you mention him and ran away with it LOL
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 06:25 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I say we switch right now so people can STFU.

C'mon. People claimed Mixon did it all by himself least season. I was one of them.

They haven't gotten any better with talent there. Some might say worse.

Literally no one here has defended our OL. It is actually possible to think we have multiple problems with this team...

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 06:35 PM)treee Wrote: Speaking of Jordan Palmer, did anyone else catch the announcers talking about how Josh Allen worked with J. Palmer in the off-season? Definitely threw me for a loop.

I guess bad players can make good coaches. And vice versa.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 07:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Literally no one here has defended our OL. It is actually possible to think we have multiple problems with this team...

Oh I have seen people defending specifically Bobby Hart and downplaying the line's bad play.

Also stating Jordan "looks good".

Then the PFF scores come out and show quite the opposite.

You must be ignoring those kind of posts.

Literally Trey Hopkins is the only one with a positive ranking.

Some did it last year when they were just as terrible claiming that Mixon had to have decent blocking to top the AFCN.

We all have eyeballs and know that he did some really great things to make make that happen.

So no.  I didn't think Dalton would have success going into this season.  He's not a runner.

If I thought Dalton was so great I wouldn't have voted for a 5-11 season in the poll for season record.

They didn't improve weaknesses and even slid backwards going into this season.

Things that could've helped the team win.

So go and keep pissing and moaning about AD when you know they did zilch no matter who the QB was.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 08:23 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Oh I have seen people defending specifically Bobby Hart and downplaying the line's bad play.

Also stating Jordan "looks good".

Then the PFF scores come out and show quite the opposite.

You must be ignoring those kind of posts.

Literally Trey Hopkins is the only one with a positive ranking.

Some did it last year when they were just as terrible claiming that Mixon had to have decent blocking to top the AFCN.

We all have eyeballs and know that he did some really great things to make make that happen.

So no.  I didn't think Dalton would have success going into this season.  He's not a runner.

If I thought Dalton was so great I wouldn't have voted for a 5-11 season in the poll for season record.

They didn't improve weaknesses and even slid backwards going into this season.

Things that could've helped the team win.

So go and keep pissing and moaning about AD when you know they did zilch no matter who the QB was.

And you keep making excuses for the 9th year in a row.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 10:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But we need to see Finley against actual starters to know if we should go QB in the draft next year or not.

With only one year left on his contract, his playoff and prime time woes, what looks like 4 losing seasons in a row, and his age, Dalton probably isn’t going to bring back that much in trade anyway.

I understand that, but something is always better than nothing. Even if it's just a late round pick, I'd rather bring something back for Dalton than to just cut him and get nothing.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 10:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But we need to see Finley against actual starters to know if we should go QB in the draft next year or not.

With only one year left on his contract, his playoff and prime time woes, what looks like 4 losing seasons in a row, and his age, Dalton probably isn’t going to bring back that much in trade anyway.

I just heard them saying on Golic and Wingo, FWIW ?? that Dalton and Keenum are two QB's who have interesting backups behind them that may be seeing playing time soon.

They mentioned a few people had Finley ranked pretty high on the QB list in the draft and he's shown promise.

Is there a trade in there ? I'm not saying Dalton for Keenum but does Washington have an OT or LBer they'd trade for Dalton ?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 10:57 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I just heard them saying on Golic and Wingo, FWIW ?? that Dalton and Keenum are two QB's who have interesting backups behind them that may be seeing playing time soon.

They mentioned a few people had Finley ranked pretty high on the QB list in the draft and he's shown promise.

Is there a trade in there ? I'm not saying Dalton for Keenum but does Washington have an OT or LBer they'd trade for Dalton ?

Wait...but I thought it’s just the same old Dalton haters screaming for whoever his backup is??

You mean actual unbiased non-Bengals fans have brought up starting Finley? Well I’ll be...

Reply/Quote