Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What were the positives vs the Bills?
(09-24-2019, 11:44 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah for all the shit the defense got, they actually played well enough to win. At one point, Buffalo led TOP 30 minutes to 7. That's an AWFUL lot to ask of any defense, and they kept fighting. 

I'm guessing since in both weeks 1 & 3, we gave up 21 points to the offense. That's not a horrible defense. Hopefully we can expect that week to week as long as they focus and stay disciplined. Not sure what happened in week 2, maybe they were just a little high from the almost victory in Seattle? Either way, I'll just forget about that one and say it was a really bad day and hope for the 21pt avg. 

Now all the offense has to do is score better than that.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Aside from a bad angle from Dunlap and some run plays, the d-line carried themselves like winners. Billings had some good plays where he looked quick like a 3 tech. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 11:20 AM)BengalsGenius Wrote: Maybe I'm focusing too much on the negatives. What were the positives?
Billy Price was solid at guard
Auden Tate did very well
Darius Phillips provided a spark - He may help at corner as well
They kept fighting
Mixon got going a little bit

Am I missing anything?

Taylor made good adjustments at Halftime and Billings impressed me.

That is one big, bad young DT fellas. Expected us to lose this game but was impressed by the fight in our guys in the 2nd half.

Lot better game after the embarrassment the week before, this team should grow under Taylor at least.

Especially if AJ gets back soon and Mixon builds on this game. Hardest team to run on the Bills.

I just thought our Defense was tired as hell by the end of the game and that is why we lost.
Reply/Quote
The main positive that I took from the game is Mixon's ankle looks like it's well on its way to healing. He made some good cuts and runs. This run game definitely needs him to stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
Defense.These guys just kept fighting,regardless of the lopsided time of possession.
Reply/Quote
Preston Brown is a quality LB so far. Anarumo might be our best Dcoordinator since Zimmer. TerylAustin had this unit as dumpster fire last season. Teryl is assistant secondary coach for Steelers. The back end has been brutal this year for Steelers
Reply/Quote
A positive is I am getting more confident that Finley's time is getting closer than I thought.
Reply/Quote
As bad as they played in the 1st half, they have a lot of heart, and came back to make a game of it in the 2nd half. To me that means the Bengals are buying into Zac and his system.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 08:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Taylor made good adjustments at Halftime and Billings impressed me.

That is one big, bad young DT fellas. Expected us to lose this game but was impressed by the fight in our guys in the 2nd half.

Lot better game after the embarrassment the week before, this team should grow under Taylor at least.

Especially if AJ gets back soon and Mixon builds on this game. Hardest team to run on the Bills.

I just thought our Defense was tired as hell by the end of the game and that is why we lost.

BILLINGS! He did look very good and continues to improve. He looks even bigger this year and was owning double teams against the bills.

Hopefully AJ gets back soon. Our offense has shown flashes without him and we all know how much just having him on the field opens things up for the rest of the O. Him and Glenn back could do us wonders.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 10:23 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: BILLINGS! He did look very good and continues to improve. He looks even bigger this year and was owning double teams against the bills.

Hopefully AJ gets back soon. Our offense has shown flashes without him and we all know how much just having him on the field opens things up for the rest of the O. Him and Glenn back could do us wonders.

Dont forget Jonah Zac keeps saying late november
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 10:25 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Dont forget Jonah Zac keeps saying late november

Really? Musta missed that. I assumed he was done for the year when they announced his injury....that means he’ll be back just in time for the Super Bowl run Ninja

That is good news, it’d be nice to see what this line would look like with two NFL caliber OT’s
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 10:23 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: BILLINGS! He did look very good and continues to improve. He looks even bigger this year and was owning double teams against the bills.

Yes, finally becoming that dude I thought he could be. Looks massive out there and is still quick, which is rare in a man 
that big. Finally showing some pass rushing moves too, Tupou is big but the Bills were really running on us when he was
out there which I find to be a bit unacceptable when that is what you are supposed to be known for, stopping the run.

Overall I think we still have one of the best D-lines in the League if we can keep them fresh.

Like you said, need to get AJ and Glenn back and keep growing on Offense. Definitely seen flashes as you say.

The season isn't over or anything, only 3 games in and the Colts were looking a lot worse last season under a new coach
at this point and still made the Playoffs. Not giving up yet that is for sure. Interested on seeing how we play the Stoolpitt
with Taylor now as the HC and not a Steeler fan as our HC.

(09-25-2019, 10:25 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Dont forget Jonah Zac keeps saying late november

Seems early to me, sure hope so.

(09-25-2019, 11:45 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Really? Musta missed that. I assumed he was done for the year when they announced his injury....that means he’ll be back just in time for the Super Bowl run Ninja

That is good news, it’d be nice to see what this line would look like with two NFL caliber OT’s

Missed that too, thought we would have to play this whole season without him.

Want Jonah 100% when he comes back and ready to go.
Reply/Quote