Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When do we make the switch at QB?
(09-23-2019, 09:26 PM)jason Wrote: Washington, Denver, Tennessee, I think Chicago would think about it right now, maybe the Raiders... All of this pure speculation of course. Maybe they love the scrubs they have at the moment.

Denver and Washington Yes. Tenn & Chicago I would say would be hard no's. Trubiski was a number 1 pick and Marriota had a fine season last year as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 09:12 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Sure it does. Neither of those two are fumbling away games or turning the ball over in crucial moments this season.

The love for a QB who only 2 or 3 teams in the league would take over what they have (when healthy) is really goofy. What other team besides the Dolphins or the Bucs would rather have Dalton if their regular starter were healthy? Not with the boneheaded INTs and fumbles he has had 3 straightaight games.

Andy Dalton is 1-10 over his last 11 games. Let that sink in. What teams would want Andy Dalton at this point?

What with their 1yd and 1.5yd avg per carry going into the last game is super gangbusters.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Trubiski seems to be regressing, and is kinda holding them back. I remember when we thought Dalton was holding back the Bengals. Mariota isn't gonna make it through the season without Tannehill taking over.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 09:40 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: What with their 1yd and 1.5yd avg per carry going into the last game is super gangbusters.

Teams respect Joe Mixon, so they load up on the run. This was talked about after Seattle & San Fran games. They do NOT respect Dalton and dare him to beat them throwing, so they let the Bengals throw it. And, guess what? LOOKS LIKE THEY'RE RIGHT.
Reply/Quote
This subject is best avoided until Cincinnati has a credible long term solution in place for the offensive line. I would punt Jim Turner before letting Andy Dalton go.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 08:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Change for the sake of change never helped anything.  If Dalton struggles then everyone will be okay with him getting replaced.  If he is not struggling then you don't replace him.

If you bench him when it is not his fault then you lose a lot of the locker room.

The running game is much worse than the passing game, so why not bench Mixon and Gio?

Sorry Fred, I casually disagree (I’m wearing Dockers). LOL

(09-23-2019, 09:12 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Andy Dalton is 1-10 over his last 11 games. Let that sink in. What teams would want Andy Dalton at this point?

Dude, I thought your stat was incorrect, So I looked it up. He’s 2-8. Shit! That’s still a pretty nasty stat. Ugh.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 09:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Sorry Fred, I casually disagree (I’m wearing Dockers). LOL

Dude, I thought your stat was incorrect, So I looked it up. He’s 2-8. Shit! That’s still a pretty nasty stat. Ugh.

2-8? I don't believe so.... Check this season's 3 games, all loses and then go back 8 into last season and you get 1-10.

The single win... SINGLE WIN.... is against a bad Raiders team who was tanking.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 09:43 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Teams respect Joe Mixon, so they load up on the run. This was talked about after Seattle & San Fran games. They do NOT respect Dalton and dare him to beat them throwing, so they let the Bengals throw it. And, guess what? LOOKS LIKE THEY'RE RIGHT.

Do you think that philosophy would've worked had AJ been playing?

Just curious about what you think.

I mean Ross had some do-overs in the Seattle game.

Not so lucky in the Bill's game.

Those have no affect...  correct?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 09:43 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Teams respect Joe Mixon, so they load up on the run. This was talked about after Seattle & San Fran games. They do NOT respect Dalton and dare him to beat them throwing, so they let the Bengals throw it. And, guess what? LOOKS LIKE THEY'RE RIGHT.

I disagree.

Teams disrespect our line, and I can't blame them.  Whether it is against the run or the pass, they are bringing the heat at our linemen, as they haven't been able to punch anyone in the mouth.  We've made attempts to counter it with screens, but not often enough.  Even the times we've tried it we have allowed defenders inside that triangle to break it up or stop it short.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 09:12 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Sure it does. Neither of those two are fumbling away games or turning the ball over in crucial moments this season.

The love for a QB who only 2 or 3 teams in the league would take over what they have (when healthy) is really goofy. What other team besides the Dolphins or the Bucs would rather have Dalton if their regular starter were healthy? Not with the boneheaded INTs and fumbles he has had 3 straightaight games.

Andy Dalton is 1-10 over his last 11 games. Let that sink in. What teams would want Andy Dalton at this point?

Bingo. And Joe publicly admitted HE needed to be better after the SF game (not the “we need to do this or we need to do that” that Dalton speaks in) and he came out and backed it up with a much better effort against a good Buffalo defense. Averaged 4.1 yds per carry and had 95 total yds on the day.

To suggest we should bench Mixon is ridiculous.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 09:26 PM)jason Wrote: Washington, Denver, Tennessee, I think Chicago would think about it right now, maybe the Raiders... All of this pure speculation of course. Maybe they love the scrubs they have at the moment.

No way on Tennessee, Chicago, or Oakland.

Maybe they do. Enough people sure love our scrub.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:00 PM)PDub80 Wrote: 2-8? I don't believe so.... Check this season's 3 games, all loses and then go back 8 into last season and you get 1-10.

You have to count the games he started. I’m not coming up with the same number on nfl.com

Reply/Quote

Denver is the only team on your list that would do it. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 11:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You have to count the games he started. I’m not coming up with the same number on nfl.com

Ah, you are 100% correct. I should have looked back past the Driskel games, but I forgot they had even happened, tbh. Still, 2-8.... yuck.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 09:35 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Denver and Washington Yes. Tenn & Chicago I would say would be hard no's. Trubiski was a number 1 pick and Marriota had a fine season last year as well.

Washington has Haskins in the wings. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:11 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I disagree.

Teams disrespect our line, and I can't blame them.  Whether it is against the run or the pass, they are bringing the heat at our linemen, as they haven't been able to punch anyone in the mouth.  We've made attempts to counter it with screens, but not often enough.  Even the times we've tried it we have allowed defenders inside that triangle to break it up or stop it short.

Sir, the coach came out and explained it in press conferences recapping the games. The reporters all came out and said it after the games. The players said it after the games. 

I don't know what else you need as evidence, but you just covering your ears to all of that and saying "punch in mouth" isn't nearly as persuading as all of the above. Teams are putting more  men on the line than the Bengals have blockers. They are not doing so and blitzing. They are doing so to fill gaps and stop the run. This has been covered and explained by the above for almost  3 weeks.

This is why they are throwing so much. They have said that. Literally.

That being said, if they drafted 5 O Linemen and some LBs in 2020, I would be fine w it. I absolutely think those guys should be much better.

I have seen AD's entire career. He is in his 30s. He doesn't have "it". His deal is up soon. He is what he is: John Kitna w/ out the Jesus. Time to move on.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 11:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Washington has Haskins in the wings. 

Honestly, I gave Washington as a gift. Case Keenum v Andy Dalton? Push. And I agree on your Haskins point.

In fact, in the game going on right now, does anyone think that, given the Skins skill players, that AD would be doing any better against the Bears D? I would emphatically say NO.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 09:44 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This subject is best avoided until Cincinnati has a credible long term solution in place for the offensive line.  I would punt Jim Turner before letting Andy Dalton go.

That's like saying, "you better save up to afford a child before having a baby". It doesn't work that way. If it did, no one other than the wealthy would have kids. 

Not one team in the NFL says "we need to get our Oline in place before we get our franchise QB". 

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 09:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Sorry Fred, I casually disagree (I’m wearing Dockers). LOL

It seems to kind of reinforce the point that he needs to have several other factors in place in order to get/keep that "winning record as a starter". 

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:00 PM)PDub80 Wrote: 2-8? I don't believe so.... Check this season's 3 games, all loses and then go back 8 into last season and you get 1-10.

You can't add losses to Dalton's ledger, in games he was injured and didn't play/start. 

Reply/Quote