Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When do we make the switch at QB?
(09-24-2019, 03:07 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If you build the team right, you won't NEED a franchise QB.

Right. The better the team, the less need for a better QB. 

But you will need an elite D and an above average running game if you want to win a championship.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 03:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ask dak prescott.

Dak was a 4th round pick. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 03:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So if Mixon can't be effective without great talent around him doesn't mean we should replace him.

Seems i have heard that argument somewhere before.

Not really. 

A team putting more defenders on the LoS than you have blockers isn't the same thing. 

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 03:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Right. The better the team, the less need for a better QB. 

But you will need an elite D and an above average running game if you want to win a championship.

Well, yeah. But, honestly, isn't it probably easier to build an elite D than it is to find an elite QB?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 03:24 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, yeah. But, honestly, isn't it probably easier to build an elite D than it is to find an elite QB?

I don't see how. It usually takes longer to get the number of guys you need for an elite defense. You can get one guy (an elite QB--prospect) simply by sucking the year before. 

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 03:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't see how. It usually takes longer to get the number of guys you need for an elite defense. You can get one guy (an elite QB--prospect) simply by sucking the year before. 

Yes, but not every "prospect" turns into an elite QB. They RARELY do. Just look at the Bengals in the 90s or the Browns since the Ravens inception and you'll see that they've had many chances at getting that elite prospect but it turns out that prospect was anything BUT elite.

I'll grant that getting the PROSPECTS at QB are easier, though.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 01:20 AM)PDub80 Wrote: It's a PUSH! LOL

As in Dalton would push his ass right outta the starting line up if he was there. Keenum couldn't beat out Colt McCoy... C'mon now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 03:40 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yes, but not every "prospect" turns into an elite QB. They RARELY do. Just look at the Bengals in the 90s or the Browns since the Ravens inception and you'll see that they've had many chances at getting that elite prospect but it turns out that prospect was anything BUT elite.

I'll grant that getting the PROSPECTS at QB are easier, though.

Getting an elite QB isn't easy to do and shouldn't really even be a discussion. The more realistic discussion is getting a consistent top 10 QB, that can win playoff games. 

The Bengals and Browns had the same problem. People making decisions that had no business making those decisions. 

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 03:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Dak was a 4th round pick. 

And what is the cost of tea in China?
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 03:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not really. 

A team putting more defenders on the LoS than you have blockers isn't the same thing. 

Yes it is.  You are saying Mixon is useless without a good QB.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 03:57 PM)jason Wrote: As in Dalton would push his ass right outta the starting line up if he was there. Keenum couldn't beat out Colt McCoy... C'mon now.

Even with his interceptionfest last night, he's still doing better than Dalton this year. 

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 03:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The Bengals and Browns had the same problem. People making decisions that had no business making those decisions. 

[Image: C3hKIPwh.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 04:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And what is the cost of tea in China?

Not sure but a 20 pack of Greenfield in Russia is 60 rubles. 

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 04:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Even with his interceptionfest last night, he's still doing better than Dalton this year. 

LMAO 

That's a good on.  

Have you heard this one yet?  "Benson Mayowa is a better pass rusher than Khalil Mack because he has more sacks than him this year."
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 04:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes it is.  You are saying Mixon is useless without a good QB.

QBs don't block?

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 04:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: QBs don't block?

No.  QBs do not block.

I killed a gopher with a stick one time.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 04:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: LMAO 

That's a good on.  

Have you heard this one yet?  "Benson Mayowa is a better pass rusher than Khalil Mack because he has more sacks than him this year."

So...a QB has to complete a higher percentage of his passes, for more ypa, have a higher TD% and a lower INT%, in order to have a higher rating, and that's comparable to one stat for an edge rusher?

Keenum; higher comp% by almost 7%, 15 less yards per game, 2 more touchdowns and the same ints. His rating is 11 pts higher than Dalton.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 04:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Even with his interceptionfest last night, he's still doing better than Dalton this year. 

They're both 0-3. Dalton has 45 more yards and 2 less TDs. They have the same amount of INTs and Keenum has a higher completion percentage. Kinda looks like they're doing the same to me.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 04:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  QBs do not block.

I killed a gopher with a stick one time.

I should have had you talk to my son. Once, he threw a rock at a squirrel and it chased him up the yard and into the house. 

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 04:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: They're both 0-3. Dalton has 45 more yards and 2 less TDs. They have the same amount of INTs and Keenum has a higher completion percentage. Kinda looks like they're doing the same to me.

Except that one has a 100 rating while the other has an 89 rating. 

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut. I wouldn't want either one starting for my favorite team. 

Reply/Quote