Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When does the honeymoon with Tobin end?
(10-28-2017, 09:37 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Dareus JAG at this point Bills at 4-2 arent going to trade him for scraps otherwise. Tobin deserves a pass we should go out and get quality lineman in free agency this year especially having extra money not having to extend Eifert

The Bills kind of did what we did the year we drafted Dalton. They hit the reset button. Let Watkins go. Woods.

Dareus cap hit is massive in 2 years...plus he's been suspended before. That's what I read about them trading him.

Teams are signing guys to massive contracts then regretting it when they get suspended.
Reply/Quote
Like I mentioned in another thread I think the biggest failure in the Dalton Era is all the wasted picks on the defensive front: Moch, Still, Thompson, Porter, Hunt, Hardison, Dawson, and Clarke. That's eight draft picks (Rounds 2 to 4) with very little contributions and aren't currently on thr roster. Add in Vigil, Billings, Willis, Lawson, Glasglow. That's 13 picks in rounds 2 through 4 that have gone to the defensive front seven.

Edit: I do have to add that I like the change they made in thr defensive coaching staff. With new dline and linebackers position coaches they have had a change on how they look at edge players. Also Vigil is the first DRAFTED linebacker to to handle significant snaps since Maualuga...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
One HUGE key to improving the league overall and not just the Bengals would be to find a way to stop making horrible teams profitable. The way it's setup goes counter to everything. Cleveland Browns a prime example. 1 win in the past 2 seasons and yet are still able to pay a guy like Zietler the money they do. 
The simple fact that you don't even have to be competitive nor win and still make billions should speak volumes and yet it doesn't. 
Other than ego there is little to no incentive to win. Unfortunately the winning teams have to have other teams to beat and vica versa, losing teams have to have winning teams to lose to.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote