Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When marvin retires...
How awesome would it be for us to throw a first rounder at the vikings for zimmer. Guy just seems to have "it" at every level.
Reply/Quote
Zimmer is 2 years older than Marvin and has never won a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
Yea....thats a no. Good coach, but don't trade picks for coaches especially really old ones.
Reply/Quote
I'm thinking zimmer atleast gets the the divisional round this year. If not the Superbowl. I'm a big fan of zim hope he returns here as coach for us.
Reply/Quote
Why would Zim make a LATERAL move?
When he went to Minnesota is was an upward move - so there's really no reason for him to come here, unless they fire him. (highly unlikely)
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 04:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Zimmer is 2 years older than Marvin and has never won a playoff game.

Don't forget Marvin has had 7 tries in 13 seasons. Zimmer has had 1 try in 2 seasons. Guess you forgot to add that in ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What's really sad about this whole proposition is that we probably do have to wait until Lewis retires for a change to happen. Embarrassing.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 05:25 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Don't forget Marvin has had 7 tries in 13 seasons. Zimmer has had 1 try in 2 seasons. Guess you forgot to add that in ?

No.  Just pointing out that if Zimmer was as great as many of you claim he should have been a head coach a long time ago and won a bunch of playoff games.
Reply/Quote
No... Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 05:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  Just pointing out that if Zimmer was as great as many of you claim he should have been a head coach a long time ago and won a bunch of playoff games.

Well if our FO is doing such a great job drafting, and our position coaches are doing such a great job coaching and we have all this talent on our roster.

How do you explain how Marvin the Great (according to you) hasn't won a bunch of playoff games.

Spin meter alert coming
Reply/Quote
After Lewis, it will be Coach Guenther.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 05:56 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: After Lewis, it will be Coach Guenther.

Or Alexander. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 05:58 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Or Alexander. Ninja
alexander Sick Sick Sick
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 05:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  Just pointing out that if Zimmer was as great as many of you claim he should have been a head coach a long time ago and won a bunch of playoff games.

Come on Fred....
I would take Zim as Bengal's HC in a heartbeat. Honestly there are not many current coaches I would.

When Zim has been a HC for >13 seasons (going on infinity) without a post season victory, I will agree with you. But not now.
Reply/Quote
It will be whomever Mike passes in the hall on the way out to get the Lumina simonized.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 08:52 PM)Derrick Wrote: Come on Fred....
I would take Zim as Bengal's HC in a heartbeat. Honestly there are not many current coaches I would.

When Zim has been a HC for >13 seasons (going on infinity) without a post season victory, I will agree with you. But not now.

So what do we do until Zims gets to 13 years as a HC? Just select Zims because?

Mike Zimmer did not get his first HC job in the NFL until he was almost 60 years old and he owes that to the Marvin Lewis and the Cincinnati Bengals.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 09:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So what do we do until Zims gets to 13 years as a HC? Just select Zims because?

Mike Zimmer did not get his first HC job in the NFL until he was almost 60 years old and he owes that to the Marvin Lewis and the Cincinnati Bengals.
This.

On top of that, Zimmer's highly touted defenses sucked in the playoffs here too. He doesn't get a pass.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I do not care when Marvin Lewis retires...I'm waiting for Mike Brown to retire.

Let's just hope Katie Blackburn runs the organization better than her father and grandfather. It'll be hard to top her grandfather but just think how this team will be if she does.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 09:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So what do we do until Zims gets to 13 years as a HC? Just select Zims because?

I was merely pointing out the discrepancy in Fred's argument. I have little (read as zero) faith that Mikey, et al., will go out and hire a really good HC. Almost certainly he will promote some assistant from within. Can Mikey be impeached? Tongue
If Zim could be lured to Cincy, I would be pleased.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 04:33 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: How awesome would it be for us to throw a first rounder at the vikings for zimmer. Guy just seems to have "it" at every level.

That's ridiculous.

AJ Macarron for Zimmer and a pick makes far more sense. Ninja
Reply/Quote